[3.4] lddiamond's Toxic Rain Penta RAT Hierophant, All Content, League Starter, Deathless Uber

"
Mooginator wrote:
"

When you select the Spiritual Aid node (left side of tree) it causes Minion Damage to affect your stats, which in turn affect your Totem stats.

Hmmm, it says "increases and reductions to minion damage also affect YOU". Has it been tested and verified it truly affects totems?

Yes, very much. Remember . . . all skills (not stats) that affect you also affect totems. Because of the new nodes, specific skills will now affect your totems too. This is the reason why stacking attack speed benefits this build as well. Because toxic rain and the dot damage increases with more 'pods' created that release chaos damage before they expire and explode. In other words, more attack speed means more damage because more pods are added to the area of effect. This is also the reason for using the added duration nodes in the tree. Again, more pods that last longer means a lot more damage. The minion damage and attack speed nodes go toward this thinking.

Spiritual Command for increased totem attack speed, and Spiritual Aid for increased totem attack damage.

You can see the minion node change discussed further here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9cdvig/minions_totems/
Last edited by Ardenwolfe on Oct 7, 2018, 7:46:53 PM
Dps 0/Lenght fight 5 minute. you crazy
5 Эмблем Сервис - 4 Divine Orb/Capped Loot!!!
I just found the Gloomfang Amulet.

Would I benefit from the Chain mechanic with this build?
"
Duvo wrote:
I just found the Gloomfang Amulet.

Would I benefit from the Chain mechanic with this build?

Yes, but I don't know how much it would benefit. Might need to do some testing to see for yourself.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/87rc9x/gloomfang_interaction_with_totems/ & https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9fcy5v/does_gloomfang_interact_with_spell_totems/
What is the main purpose of taking the two major nodes that increase Skill Effect Duration? Does it somehow boost overall DPS or just increase the duration of the totems?
"
What is the main purpose of taking the two major nodes that increase Skill Effect Duration? Does it somehow boost overall DPS or just increase the duration of the totems?

It increases the length off the TR DoT, so you deal more damage and get more DoT Stacks oin the enemy.
I wonder what could be done to make this build better at Delve survival. The RAT totem damage is insane (and fast) but that delay in placing and casting is enough time for the mobs to get you quickly - I'm thinking perhaps a duel aura of temp chains and enfeeble? Any thoughts?
All that and a bag of chips!
Point blank good vaal on a quiver for this build?
🐢
"
Koheleth wrote:
Point blank good vaal on a quiver for this build?

If I understand your question correctly, no. The best quiver for this build is Skirmish. Never underestimate the power of an extra totem for a hierophant.

As far as the gem or keystone? Again, the answer is no. Chaos damage over time is what this build is all about. Projectile damage is secondary.
Last edited by Ardenwolfe on Oct 21, 2018, 8:04:29 AM
Is Haste the best Aura to run with this build? Since I don't need to worry about Clear Mind Gem, I'm searching for options, but honestly don't know whether the extra ~30% is worth it give Quill Rain is already at 100%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info