[3.4] lddiamond's Toxic Rain Penta RAT Hierophant, All Content, League Starter, Deathless Uber

With 3.5 Patch notes. I'm retiring this build as the key item has been nerfed.

"
Quill Rain now causes you to deal 40% less Damage (as opposed to Weapon Damage). This affects all versions of the item.

It is still possible to build around +3 projectile bow, though I am not interested in that form myself.

"
gryphon79 wrote:

"
Quill Rain now causes you to deal 40% less Damage (as opposed to Weapon Damage). This affects all versions of the item.

It is still possible to build around +3 projectile bow, though I am not interested in that form myself.

RIP. Arc it is bois.
"
gryphon79 wrote:

"

Appreciate your work on this! Was a great build! Thank you.
Longtime Lurker here, but there's one thing i am confused about since reading the patch notes...

"

English is not my native language, also i'm not 100% "safe" with all mechanics in PoE, but :

Does this absolutely finally kill TOTEM BUILDS? I mean, do we have the final version of the updated Quill Rain as a fact?
Couldn't it be "YOU deal 40% less damage" as in YOURSELF (so attacking and proccing CoC and friends) and not affect totems at all (as in reflect, source of damage...) ?

Maybe i just missed a post or just have too much hope for my chosen starter^^
"
ogir wrote:
Longtime Lurker here, but there's one thing i am confused about since reading the patch notes...

"

English is not my native language, also i'm not 100% "safe" with all mechanics in PoE, but :

Does this absolutely finally kill TOTEM BUILDS? I mean, do we have the final version of the updated Quill Rain as a fact?
Couldn't it be "YOU deal 40% less damage" as in YOURSELF (so attacking and proccing CoC and friends) and not affect totems at all (as in reflect, source of damage...) ?

Maybe i just missed a post or just have too much hope for my chosen starter^^

Nope, quillrain is useless now for the build. You might be able to get somewhat similar mileage from a fast +3 bow, but it definitely won't be the same, nor will it be cheap to start.
First off, i loved this build, so will be a shame if it is no longer playable. Thanks for making it in the first place.
Could someone explain though, why the change to the wording on quill rain has changed the build, I really dont understand. Are our totems not doing the damage? sorry noob question
"
urbandodo wrote:
First off, i loved this build, so will be a shame if it is no longer playable. Thanks for making it in the first place.
Could someone explain though, why the change to the wording on quill rain has changed the build, I really dont understand. Are our totems not doing the damage? sorry noob question

The new modifier on Quillrain is a global modifier. So you are are just straight doing 40% less damage now with the build.

However, with the reworked heirophant node where you place 2 totems down when you place a totem you'll actually end up clearing maps FASTER, with a quillrain, if you can get your DoT high enough. Killing bosses will take almost twice as long unfortunately.
Last edited by Malsyrix on Dec 5, 2018, 1:35:18 PM
ok thanks, and now i understand 'global', only 6mill other definitions to understand !
This might still be workable with the new Multiple Totems Support.

Use the support on a wither totem, not taking away from our maximum TR totems. I'll be doing my best to play this come Betrayal and will post my findings as I trudge through that hot mess.
yeah quill rain got rekt , but what about a cheap substitute like Lioneye's Glare? just until you could get a +3 bow. or even better play scion trickster / Hierophant then you can get most of the chaos / DoT nodes at the shadow side of the tree?
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup..if you put water into a bowl it becomes the bowl..water can flow...or it can crash..be like water my friend------BOOOYAH!

IGN : OnslaughtCleaveHC
Last edited by talic182 on Dec 6, 2018, 1:15:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info