[3.4] lddiamond's Toxic Rain Penta RAT Hierophant, All Content, League Starter, Deathless Uber

Noob question:

Where do we get poison stacks for HoA in this build?
"
Bullsh1t wrote:
Noob question:

Theres no HoA?
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
"
latterus14 wrote:
thank you for that info. I tried to find your build on poe.ninja as well but the only toxic rain hierophant that appeared was this build and I was curious what you thought about it in comparison

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/PathOfKappa/AcidSprinklers?i=0&search=class%3DHierophant%26skill%3DToxic-Rain

Yeah i blew up my guy in september so he wouldnt show up now. Havent looked at that yet so unsure how it compares
"
Bullsh1t wrote:
Noob question:

There is no HoA in the build.
Major change for 3.5 from Balance manefesto

"
The Hierophant node Ritual of Awakening no longer grants +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Instead it now causes skills that would Summon a Totem to summon two Totems instead, and grants 3% more Damage per Totem.

This should help our clear speed tremendously. The more damage is icing on the cake.

They also mentioned there are more sources of +1 totems, hopefully they are not limited to offhand slot as we already have skirmish.

We may be stuck at 4 totems, or hopefully even more, going forward.

Waiting for patch notes.
"
gryphon79 wrote:

"
The Hierophant node Ritual of Awakening no longer grants +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Instead it now causes skills that would Summon a Totem to summon two Totems instead, and grants 3% more Damage per Totem.

This should help our clear speed tremendously. The more damage is icing on the cake.

They also mentioned there are more sources of +1 totems, hopefully they are not limited to offhand slot as we already have skirmish.

Waiting for patch notes.

What gem would we replace to make room for Multiple Totems gem? Seems like this patch will have us at 6 totems even after the Heiro ascendancy change.
"
Fahadius wrote:
"
gryphon79 wrote:

"

Waiting for patch notes.

What gem would we replace to make room for Multiple Totems gem? Seems like this patch will have us at 6 totems even after the Heiro ascendancy change.

I'm not sold on multiple totems. I think in most situations it'll hurt the build.
Last edited by gryphon79 on Dec 3, 2018, 8:10:40 PM
"
gryphon79 wrote:

I'm not sold on multiple totems. I think in most situations it'll hurt the build.

Don't you think 2 more totems = more pods and overall more dmg for the build?
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
gryphon79 wrote:

My napkin math says no.

If we assume damage from a single 5link totem to be X, then:

Damage with some other gem = 4X*1.3 = 5.2X (1.3 = 30% more dmg from last gem)

Damage with multiple totems = 6X*0.7*(1+0.06) = 4.452X (0.7 = -30% dmg from lvl20 multiple totems, 6% from 2 extra totems with new passive)

That means as long as the last link u can mod is at least 12% more damage, it will be more beneficial to use that
"
Jangri wrote:
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
gryphon79 wrote:

My napkin math says no.

If we assume damage from a single 5link totem to be X, then:

Damage with some other gem = 4X*1.3 = 5.2X (1.3 = 30% more dmg from last gem)

Damage with multiple totems = 6X*0.7*(1+0.06) = 4.452X (0.7 = -30% dmg from lvl20 multiple totems, 6% from 2 extra totems with new passive)

That means as long as the last link u can mod is at least 12% more damage, it will be more beneficial to use that

Huh, that's too bad. So assuming shield and gem are the only sources of extra totems, we'll be down to 4. Oh well, build still does ridic damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info