[3.4] lddiamond's Toxic Rain Penta RAT Hierophant, All Content, League Starter, Deathless Uber

Think I'm still going with this for my league starter. Going to aim to farm for 6L Thicket Bow cards first, then keep farming for +2 Bow Gem Essence and farm 2 Exalt for guaranteed +3 bow. Playing Private league for 3.5 start with group of 10, so should be quite a bit of fun.

One thing I noticed while messing around with this in SSF, is that Herald of Purity still summons minions even though the totems are doing the killing? Is this not a good Herald to use due to all the + minion damage/attack speed nodes we're taking?
"
jtedrick wrote:
Think I'm still going with this for my league starter. Going to aim to farm for 6L Thicket Bow cards first, then keep farming for +2 Bow Gem Essence and farm 2 Exalt for guaranteed +3 bow. Playing Private league for 3.5 start with group of 10, so should be quite a bit of fun.

One thing I noticed while messing around with this in SSF, is that Herald of Purity still summons minions even though the totems are doing the killing? Is this not a good Herald to use due to all the + minion damage/attack speed nodes we're taking?

+3 bow will work for the build. It will feel a little different, but you'll still have great damage.

I didn't know Herald of Purity worked. If so, it don't hurt to run it.

"
gryphon79 wrote:
With 3.5 Patch notes. I'm retiring this build as the key item has been nerfed.

"
Quill Rain now causes you to deal 40% less Damage (as opposed to Weapon Damage). This affects all versions of the item.

It is still possible to build around +3 projectile bow, though I am not interested in that form myself.

Should've seen this coming. Ah well. Was incredibly fun the last league. Thank you regardless for posting this build.
"
jtedrick wrote:

Hey friend can you explain how the crafting of the bow works? Is it going to take a lot of Scouring and Deafening Essence of Dread to get the desired results ? I mean what other stats do you need on the bow for it to work and get a +3 to bow gems after you exalt it?
Last edited by AHaKuH on Dec 7, 2018, 6:39:32 AM
"
AHaKuH wrote:
"
jtedrick wrote:

Hey friend can you explain how the crafting of the bow works? Is it going to take a lot of Scouring and Deafening Essence of Dread to get the desired results ? I mean what other stats do you need on the bow for it to work and get a +3 to bow gems after you exalt it?

you can look up nugis guides on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrHClk8lUM8 even though tora lvl 8 isnt there anymore but prob easier to get the craft now.
I think this build would still run fine for mapping with quill then swap to a +2 bow (to start with, easy to get from porcupine cards) for bosses.
Update on progress:

Multi totem support makes life a ton easier. No issues with damage output for the story thus far. I found a Storm Cloud and it's attack speed is helping put out serious numbers.

Further testing:

Multiple Totems Support doesn't increase your totems dropped from 2 to 3 as a heirophant once you have the ascendancy to gain 1 more on drop. 2 totems supported doesn't increase the maximum allowed totems beyond the initial +2 as well. RIP my dreams.
Last edited by darkcloud606 on Dec 8, 2018, 9:53:28 AM
Currently playing the build as a scion Pathfinder/Hiero.

Only got myself a quillrain, tabula and a skirmish.

Works like a charm, perma Flasks and 3-4 Totems.

Still a bit squishy but that should work itself out with better gear.

As a Scion it should be doable as a league starter as well -> no need to mule the gems.

Works as 3 Totems + self cast or 4 Totems.

Edit: Damage falls off immensly at Yellow Maps, feels really bad then. Probably need a good (and expensive) +gem level Bow for it to really work again.
Too bad, really liked it so far :(
Last edited by Shishamaru on Dec 11, 2018, 3:11:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info