farming sulphate is aids

Farming sulphate is boring.
walking a glow in the dark rope is boring.

The fast death to dark is lame ...
Call the game lava and replace the dark with the glowing hot floor. at least then it has interesting graphics.

Might as well call Delve (Screensaver).

I have found nothing interesting in there because it is all in the dark i guess.
I die in the dark .... and doing a grind fest so i can see a little bit ... and have flares ... and have more than 4 points to visit before i leave...

Why would i want to do this ?
Ill give 2 weeks till the majority of players are begging for the league to end.
At least the temple had some interesting things going on with the build your own temple...

I would even be ok with Sulphate powering a lantern you carried around so sulphate = time to explore.... but the whole follow the cart ... go grind more .. and play with 80% of your monitor black .... not fun Brah!
Last edited by Jitter912 on Sep 10, 2018, 2:55:36 AM
"
grepman wrote:
"
Oblitus wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
On a side not, I don't understand how they can have fun like this ... there are so many effects you can't really see anything happening, you don't know who does what, everything melts and they all rush the crawler ... yeah .... no, definitely no.
"
Fruz wrote:
some people have been pretending not to be able to see anything and in no way to distinguish cavestalers at all from the rest, I have been freezing and shattering big packs of mods with herald of ice in delves yet I can see those mobs and very often notice them without much trouble so ...
Decide already, can you see anything or not.

pretty sure he can't see shit in 6 player party play...but CAN see what hes talking about, when he's soloing.

I thought that was pretty clear from both posts and context in which they were made

Nope. First he says thet if he can see everything just fine then anyone should see anything just fine, git gud, then SUDDENLY with a lot of actors and effects it is impossible to see a thing.

"
Fruz wrote:
"
Oblitus wrote:
Decide already, can you see anything or not.

Nice jumping in a completely different topic taking things out of context.

Nope, the same context. A lot of actors + a lot of flashy skills = clusterfuck.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
CONTEXT

Good job derailing, well I guess it's a free bump for the thread but ...

Edit for below : lol, making the obvious more obvious won't work, please go waste somebody else's time lol.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 10, 2018, 3:54:46 AM
No, I won't play "throw random word in bold caps" game with you.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

People were asking for an infinite dungeon because they wanted to spend 100s, maybe 1000s of hours in it. People were asking for an alternative to maps because they wanted to spend a lot of time playing something other than maps. People wanted challenging content because they wanted to challenge their builds, they wanted scaling so that it got harder and harder to find their limits. People wanted competition with difficulty, a ladder, like the grift system.

No one was saying hey give us 20 boxes of currency endlessly so we can get mega rich. No one was asking for that, they didnt HAVE to add that, that wasnt anything to do with what people wanted, they CHOSE to add that by themselves and then said hey, we cant let this content be any of these things you were asking for because we added something NONE OF YOU were asking for to it.

In diablo are grifts super rewarding compared to normal rifts? No. I can get more uniques per hour grinding normal t13 rifts + I also get deaths breaths etc that I dont get in grifts.

Grifts take way longer, at super high levels they are bloody hard and the rewards do not make it optimal content. Yet people still play it, a lot of people, because its hard, because its challenging and hence fun, its meaningful, it has a ladder. It keeps people there playing for a lot longer than the care for item upgrades or paragon levels keeps them.

Yes, i expected exactly THIS from Delve, and was greatly dissapointed, when all "difficulty" was reduced to farming Sulphite!

I agree, that if hard content is too unrewarding, then many players will skip it (just like they skip bosses, for example). But hey, why we cant follow Uber Lab example?
I even wonder, why this patch is called "Delve", even? I thought "Delve" will be an EXPANSION, just like Ascendancy or Forgotten Masters... And it turned to be yet another shity league.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Meaning that if the price for entering delve was removed 2 things would happen
1. If the rewards are still great a big chunk of people will go and farm there leaving the maps, the thing GGG spent so much trying to balance, a wasteland or
2. The delve's reward is so miniscule a big chunk of the people doing it now will stop delving and instead go back to mapping for the better loot.

Let's apply your logic to Labyrinth! It should be either everyone will be farming Uber Lab, or no one will. But facts say otherwise, there are players who farm only maps, ones that farm both maps and lab, and ones that farm lab only. Oh, and lab rewards are higher than offering fee, and Merciless lab is free.

Your flawed "logic" is too simple to be applied to reality.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Sulfite gains should be dynamic and tied to map difficulty, not just a map tier.

You do 8 rip mods corrupted +60% pack size map? It should give more sulfite.

You do a t16 with 4 sextant mods on it? More sulfite, maybe more nodes can spawn depending on density.

You actually killing boss and not just zoom zooming packs? More sulfite, mb bosses drop sulfire or smth.

It would be also nice to have some sort of sulfite reduction progression in delve itself. Not from azurite upgrades, but from encounters (fully clear biome zone with super rip mods and a boss to make 10 delves levels in any diresction cost less ot smth like that and so on).

I dont know how much technically possible such solutions is, but hard truth is thats what should be done. Any flat increases/decreases or uncapped sulfite would break game even more and result in nessessary delve rewards nerfs/maps feeling even more shit then they already do.

Just give players tools to ease grind by doing harder content for which they farmed better gear.
Last edited by Jadame on Sep 10, 2018, 12:06:20 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Let's apply your logic to Labyrinth! It should be either everyone will be farming Uber Lab, or no one will. But facts say otherwise, there are players who farm only maps, ones that farm both maps and lab, and ones that farm lab only. Oh, and lab rewards are higher than offering fee, and Merciless lab is free.

Your flawed "logic" is too simple to be applied to reality.

If you have a secret method to xp faster in uber lab than in yellow/red maps, please feel free to share it lol.

+ the lab is way less brainless than facerolling easy maps, that makes some players not wanting to go there.

Delve offers xp and loot ( well mapping will be more efficient xp wise though, but Delve will still largely be better than uber lab anyway, as long as you have enough Sulphite of course ).

"
Jadame wrote:

You do 8 rip mods corrupted +60% pack size map? It should give more sulfite.

Simply applying the map qty bonus to sulphite gains would already be quite some improvement imho.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 10, 2018, 1:08:30 PM
"
Jadame wrote:

Just give players tools to ease grind by doing harder content for which they farmed better gear.

Or just make Delve content (not darkness, but enemies) hard/rough enough to slow down "farmers", and remove total dependance on sulpite (or make it something like Uber Lab).

"
Fruz wrote:

If you have a secret method to xp faster in uber lab than in yellow/red maps, please feel free to share it lol.

Not everyone runs content for XP alone.

Maps can remain "xp food", while Delve can provide other rewards (for example, better loot but far less XP - just like Uber Lab).

I want Delve to be challenging and accessable (assuming you can beat its challenge). ATM, its access is limited only by sulphite for any competent build. And collecting Sulpite poses 0 challenge either.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 10, 2018, 1:16:29 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Not everyone runs content for XP alone.

If maps are "XP alone" to you, then you are doing something very wrong.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Maps can remain "xp food", while Delve can provide other rewards (for example, better loot but far less XP - just like Uber Lab).

In other words : make mapping the only way to get good xp, when we finally have something else than mapping at high level ....

Nop, sorry, bad idea imho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info