[3.7] A Little Outdated - Crit - CONSECRATED PATH - Chieftain - League Starter

Is it better to get a sword that has high crit and attack speed and has 300 pdps, or a sword that has 350 pdps and high attack speed (without crit)?
Last edited by Karriane on Oct 15, 2018, 6:19:44 PM
Awesome guide! I started it yesterday and it's going very well.

"
Karriane wrote:
Is it better to get a sword that has high crit and attack speed that has, say 300 pdps, than a sword that has 350 pdps and high attack speed (without crit)?

There's this info in the OP:

"

**Look for high attack speed (>1.85), high crit chance (>6.3%), and high pDPS (>220). If you get a worse one than these, then Scaeva or dreamdeather will be better.

People tend to evaluate weapons purely based on its pDPS, but that is quite wrong. You need 1. attack speed, 2. crit chance, and 3. pDPS for a weapon to be good, ESPECIALLY for this build.

Scaeva literally has the same pDPS as the weapon I'm using above (280 pDPS). But what's wrong with it? The attack speed. Mine is 2.03 and scaeva is 1.3. When you get any sources of added damage, attack speed is extremely important. The herald of purity that we're all using adds phys damage: "Adds 25 to 37 physical damage to attacks"

This means, it adds an average of (25+37)/2=31 phys damage to every hit with your sword. How does this affect my fast sword vs Scaeva?

- For Scaeva, the actual pDPS rises from its base 280 to: 280 + 1.3*31 = 320.

- For my sword, the actual pDPS rises from its base 280 to: 280 + 2.03*31 = 343.

So, my sword ends up having higher pDPS than Scaeva in the end. Of course, I have added phys damage from many other sources (rings/amulet/abyss jewels/loreweave), which all make my sword even better than scaeva.

Ok what about crit chance? Let's say we took a total of 455% crit chance on the tree from all the nodes. I think that's what I have on the tree if I added right.

My sword has 6.87% crit chance, and scaeva has 6%. The difference of 0.87% seems insignificant compared to the 455% on the tree, but this is important. The 455% crit chance increases the effective crit chance like this:

- For Scaeva, the actual crit chance rises from its base 6% to: 0.06 x (1 + 4.55) = 0.333 (33.3%). With a diamond flask, the chance rises to: 1-(1-.333)^2 = 0.555 (55.5%).

- For my sword, the actual crit chance rises from its base 6.87% to: 0.0687 x (1 + 4.55) = 0.381. With a diamond flask, the chance rises to: 1-(1-0.381)^2 = 0.617 (61.7%).

So in the end, I'm not critting 0.87% more of the time. I'm actually critting about 6% more. So the tiny differences matter a lot. Keep in mind this crit chance (61.7%) decreases a lot if the accuracy is low, but that's a separate issue from how to find a good sword.

So your first option is best, this build scales with crit and attack speed a lot.
Last edited by Ury401 on Oct 15, 2018, 6:21:11 PM
Is it a good Leagustarter?
Hi, it's my turn to ask what can i change in my stuff.
My dps is descent but in some encounter i die very quickly sometime instantly.
I really want to try consecrated path, with a similar approach. I'm on standard and I have a decent budget at this point, and I wonder what's your opinion on a setup that uses an elder helm with essence crafted 30% more ele damage + conc effect + 3% crit chance and kaom's heart. I also want to get max value out of the red nightmare, so capping resists won't be that hard (alhough the helm I'm eying has non, neither does kaom's).
"
Zoda_Jones wrote:
I really want to try consecrated path, with a similar approach. I'm on standard and I have a decent budget at this point, and I wonder what's your opinion on a setup that uses an elder helm with essence crafted 30% more ele damage + conc effect + 3% crit chance and kaom's heart. I also want to get max value out of the red nightmare, so capping resists won't be that hard (alhough the helm I'm eying has non, neither does kaom's).

That'll be considerably less max dps and youre also not gonna like permanent conc effect. AOE is pretty important for clearing

the build is already lacking in sockets. with kaoms heart, you'll have 4 fewer sockets (because 6link helm). This will hurt you a lot.

If you are willing to lose sockets, I'd rather use kaoms ROOTS boots than heart. It's very nice for bossing in the end game.

"
laxxn601 wrote:
Is it a good Leagustarter?
see title
"
omer74 wrote:
Hi, it's my turn to ask what can i change in my stuff.
My dps is descent but in some encounter i die very quickly sometime instantly.

I'd get rid of that amulet and flammability. Your enfeeble is not working because you cant have 2 curses. enfeeble is huge for defense.

you also dont have an uncurse flask. this will kill u easily sometimes too.

you also dont have a lot of accuracy. not hitting enemies is bad for dps and bad for defense

dont use lightning golem. ice golem is just way better.

replace your belt. armour and evasion doesnt help much. get a stygian or leather belt.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Oct 16, 2018, 1:05:52 PM
Thanks a lot Hollyphantom, i have made the change just need to try and see the difference.
would like to say thank you hollyphantom, that is my most played char in all leagues :)

first time finished all guardians, red elder and now want to try shaper. need to improve some gear and get more defence. only 5,7k life atm, need a new amulet, jewels and ring.

got like 10ex budget to improve, what do you think?

(proud of my foils, they are both selfmade with fossils. Pdps one slammed crit multi)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info