3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

"
Utopian238 wrote:
Yeah I usually start with some kind of golem necromancer and this season will be no different. It would probably be more fair to say that this build "Scales well with currency". But don't go spreading that around, if we give away all of our golem secrets anima stones just get more expensive :)

EDIT: I've seen rumors that the 'minion damage' change was related to an unintended interaction with Inpulsa's. I'm cautiously optimistic that we were missed then aside from the big Phase Run nerf

Well if thats just another inpulsas nerf thats fine by me. Also, are you considering using some other kind of move ability instead of phase run because of the nerf? I am hyped for the 3.5 updates :D
"
Astraeusel wrote:
i only asked about the fix didn't even mentioned the build

Hehe no worries my comments were made in jest at Deziowy's statement

"
Well if thats just another inpulsas nerf thats fine by me. Also, are you considering using some other kind of move ability instead of phase run because of the nerf? I am hyped for the 3.5 updates :D

Yeah it depends on how well the banners work with minions? If we need to be doing something to proc impale's I'll likely be using shield charge + fortify instead of Phase run.

If the minions proc their own impales or it's not worth it for some reason i'll be sticking with phase run.

This is what i'm imagining for my initial skill setup at league start. It will likely change once our lord and savior OpenArl publishes the level 20 gems into PoB

4L Hat - Golems
6L Chest - Ice Golem
2L Gloves - Phase Run | Open Socket? Vitality/Discipline?
3L Weapon - CWDT/Immortal Call/Convocation
3L Shield - 3L Hatred+Generosity+Banner Skill
4L Boots - Storm Burst, Cast While Channeling, Desecrate, Flesh Offering
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 5, 2018, 7:40:35 PM
How hard is to level with golems as starter? obviously i wont get most of jewels straight from the start etc , is it even possible? I saw the leveling guide and it seems i dont need everything to start but...i would gladly hear some opinions anyway.
Last edited by Deziowy on Dec 6, 2018, 5:22:52 AM
"
Deziowy wrote:
How hard is to level with golems as starter? obviously i wont get most of jewels straight from the start etc , is it even possible? I saw the leveling guide and it seems i dont need everything to start but...i would gladly hear some opinions anyway.

The more investment is required, the more plreasure you will have in the league. In Delve I had to invest around 70-80 ex in more-less completing a build and it took me 3-4 weeks. Next upgrades started from 15-20ex piece. After that and completing 36 challanges i gave up the league... If I had completed a build within a week, I would have stopped playing it much earlier.

If you are to choose a cheap build, that won't require any investment in the future, you're getting rid of whole fun that comes from improving your characted in the endgame :)

Rough game = fun game !
"
"
Deziowy wrote:

The more investment is required, the more plreasure you will have in the league. In Delve I had to invest around 70-80 ex in more-less completing a build and it took me 3-4 weeks. Next upgrades started from 15-20ex piece. After that and completing 36 challanges i gave up the league... If I had completed a build within a week, I would have stopped playing it much earlier.

If you are to choose a cheap build, that won't require any investment in the future, you're getting rid of whole fun that comes from improving your characted in the endgame :)

Rough game = fun game !

i have no problems with spending alot. I simply asked how smooth is leveling in new league ^^,
"
Deziowy wrote:
"
"
Deziowy wrote:

Rough game = fun game !

i have no problems with spending alot. I simply asked how smooth is leveling in new league ^^,

Few months ago I participated in a race with flame golems builds, which are recommended here for leveling. Personally, it was the smoothest progression to 75 lvl of all time :)

Once you're there you can easily get some cash to switch to ice golems, so I suppose this build will be really nice for leveling.
"

Few months ago I participated in a race with flame golems builds, which are recommended here for leveling. Personally, it was the smoothest progression to 75 lvl of all time :)

Once you're there you can easily get some cash to switch to ice golems, so I suppose this build will be really nice for leveling.

thats what i wanted to hear , ty, going for it in betrayal
"
Deziowy wrote:
"

thats what i wanted to hear , ty, going for it in betrayal

Maybe it'll be helpful, so here's my current plan I've been thinking about over last few weeks:

- SRS up to level 41 (end of act 4)
- switch to flame golems from level 41 (exacly after the end of Act 4, when you get GMP (38) + spell echo) with 2 clayshapers (41 lvl requirement) and after doing 1st Lab
- quick leveling from level 60 to 70 while farming tabula rasa
- early 80s - switch to ice golem

As for War Banner gem, it cleary states YOU have to kill enemies. That's why I consider to try POISON support gem as 6th socket for ice golems. If i'm correct, killing a poised characted always counts as your kill, even though it was done by minions. This may be the way to work around your passive role in killing and get full benefit of a banner. Of course this is still a concept we'll have to test out during actual gameplay.
Last edited by ziuteczek123456 on Dec 6, 2018, 9:22:26 AM
"

As for War Banner gem, it cleary states YOU have to kill enemies. That's why I consider to try POISON support gem as 6th socket for ice golems. If i'm correct, killing a poised characted always counts as your kill, even though it was done by minions. This may be the way to work around your passive role in killing and get full benefit of a banner. Of course this is still a concept we'll have to test out during actual gameplay.

You'll have to let me know how that works out, it could be really good!

If it doesn't though I think we'll still be using a banner+generosity. Even if we never build a stack, for a 10% mana reserve we're looking at a considerable increase in both survivability and damage from a generosity + dread banner.

It might even be enough dps that we can drop hatred in favor of going Banner + MoM + Brutality giving us an easy 8k effective health pool. (Hatred+Banner will always be more damage if you want to be slightly more glass canon)
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 6, 2018, 9:58:37 AM
Did this build in delve and was really fun, looking forward to do it again in betrayal as a league starter.

"

i'm at work now so i cannot PoB this but if war banner provide enough accuracy to the golems using southbounds instead of commander of the pit and a degen damage it should count the kill as your kill instead of the minion's like when you kill stuff with ignite using totems(you notice it in particular on bloodlines packs cause you take bleed damage stacks)
A "deterministic" way to waste your time

Italian Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/123491614671703/

Italian global: /global 69

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info