3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

With regards to EE, is it ever worth it? I need help clarifying when it's worth it. I understand EE to function such that if I hit a pack of mobs with Storm brand they take lightning damage and their Cold res is reduced by 50%. My golems then attack, they're affected by hatred and my grip of the council glove, the mobs now take more cold damage due to the EE while the physical damage component is unchanged by EE. Now that the mob has been hit by my golem by cold damage, the EE changes to Cold res +25% for the mob until it's hit by lightning again.

Assuming that's how it works, using EE seems to give more res than it takes away due to how infrequent lightning damage applies versus how often cold damage applies. 6 ice golems attacking are going to over come the application rate of storm brand pretty significantly isn't it?

If I understand it correctly I think EE is still a net negative than it is a net positive. Path of building only shows you a snap shot of the damage and cannot simulate the actual effect in practice, so sure for that 1 hit of -50% cold res the DPS jumps then the mob is getting hit by 6 golems while it has 25% additional cold res until the next lightning application. Sure I have a lightning golem as well, and I'm even playing with lightning on my ring so I can apply EE while I cyclone, but I think it's kinda pointless. Have I got this right or wrong?
Last edited by LiftedFungus22 on Jul 23, 2019, 8:03:44 PM
minions dont apply ee unless you socket them in a malachais artifice
lol wrong thread

cool build tho made me try out golems and ive been having fun with it
Last edited by Boople on Jul 26, 2019, 10:08:36 PM
thx for the build, i rly enjoy it and i have a long way ahead to maximize it
"
With regards to EE,
Spoiler
is it ever worth it? I need help clarifying when it's worth it. I understand EE to function such that if I hit a pack of mobs with Storm brand they take lightning damage and their Cold res is reduced by 50%. My golems then attack, they're affected by hatred and my grip of the council glove, the mobs now take more cold damage due to the EE while the physical damage component is unchanged by EE. Now that the mob has been hit by my golem by cold damage, the EE changes to Cold res +25% for the mob until it's hit by lightning again.

Assuming that's how it works, using EE seems to give more res than it takes away due to how infrequent lightning damage applies versus how often cold damage applies. 6 ice golems attacking are going to over come the application rate of storm brand pretty significantly isn't it?

If I understand it correctly I think EE is still a net negative than it is a net positive. Path of building only shows you a snap shot of the damage and cannot simulate the actual effect in practice, so sure for that 1 hit of -50% cold res the DPS jumps then the mob is getting hit by 6 golems while it has 25% additional cold res until the next lightning application. Sure I have a lightning golem as well, and I'm even playing with lightning on my ring so I can apply EE while I cyclone, but I think it's kinda pointless. Have I got this right or wrong?

First, your golems cannot trigger EE. Only you can. Only Flame dash and Storm Brand procs it. Neither r cold so u r fine.

Second, with hatred-generosity and Council gloves almost half of your golems dmg will be cold. EE will almost double that dmg.

edit: Guys, in 3.8 we r getting +1 golem Notable on the tree. Pog!
Last edited by yakoob on Aug 23, 2019, 3:48:57 PM
So much nice things for us.

1:Summon Carrion Golem: Summon a Carrion Golem that adds physical damage to your non-golem minions while active. The golem uses a series of slashes that increase in damage, and can conjure up a cascade of bone spikes. The Carrion Golem deals more damage for each of your non-golem minions near it.

-I Know this is a Ice golem, but we played ice because of their "movement speed" and capacity to be fast on clear speed, this can be our new main golem ? Or this can be on build anywere ?

2: Feeding Frenzy Support: Minions from supported skills act more aggressively and have a chance to grant the Feeding Frenzy buff to you on hit. While you have this buff, all your minions deal more damage and have increased attack, cast and movement speed.

-This IS OMG!! All we care in same GEM! =o

3: Support Gem : Infernal Legion Support: Minions from supported skills deal fire damage over time in an area around them and take fire damage based on their maximum life.

-We are imune to elemental, so are we to that ? :) THis can be so good to.. :D

4: All Offering are buffed and desecrate have no CD, convocation is now 3 base CD, we have now one more bar skill, but we are GEM socket starved, but that mean we can have more options how to play "our" golems!

5:Added a new Wand base type for high-level Summoner characters, available in the Atlas.

-We can now shield charge whit WANDS so, we can craft a HUGE WAND with the +1 golem from tree, we can think about this, and use shield charge alternative, or something at our taste.

6:All minions have received substantial increases to their base accuracy, and are much more likely to hit monsters. )

-I assume Golems are minions too, so that is a nice thing to read to !

GEMS PART

Chaos Golem :
.Cascade skill now converts 100% of Physical Damage to Chaos, and has a larger area of effect.
.Sandstorm skill now deals more damage at higher levels, and benefits from modifiers to the golem's spell damage.

Convocation
.Now has a cooldown of 3 seconds (from 4).
.Now recovers a percentage of minion maximum life, rather than a flat value, starting at 0.7% at gem level 1, up to 1.65% at gem level 20.

Desecrate
.Now has a corpse limit of 10 (from 15)
.Now has a cast time of 0.6 seconds (from 0.8)
.Now has a base duration of 4 seconds (from 5).
.No longer has a cooldown.

Stone Golem
.Slam attack now has a cooldown of 4 seconds (from 6), and deals approximately 33% more damage at all gem levels.

All Offering are 5 base duration and +1 for consumed corpse, and an efect is visible on char, when this is actif.

The bad part of patch note is;
(and this is even that bad..)

Multistrike Support
.Supported skills now deal 20% less Attack Damage at gem level 1, up to 10% at gem level 20 (from 30% less at all gem levels).
.First repeat of supported skills now deal 22% more Damage at all gem levels (from 40% more at gem level 1 to 50% more at gem level 20).
.Second repeat of supported skills now deal 44% more damage at all gem levels (from 80% more at gem level 1 to 99% more at gem level 20).
.Now has a mana multiplier of 160% (from 180%).

And now the big part;

-Liege of the Primordial: Now causes your summoned Golems to be immune to Elemental Damage (regardless of Golem type).
-Elemancer: No longer grants ailment prevention based on the types of Golems you have summoned. Now grants 35% chance to avoid Elemental ailments per summoned Golem, and also grants 25% increased effect of buffs granted by your golems per summoned Golem (stacks with Liege of the Primordials identical stat).
-Beacon of Ruin: Now also grants 30% increased effect of non-damaging Ailments on enemies.

The 3 nodes on tree are ;

20% increaded buff from your golem
12% increaded life from golems

20% increaded buff from your golem
12% increaded life from golem

20% increased damage when you have a summoned golem
30% increaded buff from your golem
15% increaded life from golem
+1 to maximum golem

Near Instability Top on tree..

Well now we have work to do with our tree and the rest
Sorry for bad english, i am from Portugal ! :D

Last edited by Dreamounette on Sep 4, 2019, 6:12:37 AM
Holy smokes this update looks amazing for us. I had some stuff come up in real life and will not be updating the guide/playing this league.

Apologies to everyone and have fun, this looks like a great league for golems!
"
Dreamounette wrote:
So much nice things for us.
[...]
And now the big part;

-Liege of the Primordial: Now causes your summoned Golems to be immune to Elemental Damage (regardless of Golem type).

Stone/chaos won't die to shaper balls at uberelder anymore ;)

"
Dreamounette wrote:
-Elemancer: No longer grants ailment prevention based on the types of Golems you have summoned. Now grants 35% chance to avoid Elemental ailments per summoned Golem, and also grants 25% increased effect of buffs granted by your golems per summoned Golem (stacks with Liege of the Primordials identical stat).

Does it mean we get all 3 ele ailment immunity if we have at least 3 types of any golem?
If so, then huge buff.

"
Dreamounette wrote:
-Beacon of Ruin: Now also grants 30% increased effect of non-damaging Ailments on enemies.
[...]

Back to 20% shock I guess?
Last edited by yakoob on Sep 5, 2019, 8:45:53 AM
Anyone starting with this? Also has anyone incorporated cyclone cwc with offering/desecrate?
"
ThorTheGray wrote:
Anyone starting with this? Also has anyone incorporated cyclone cwc with offering/desecrate?

Cyclone cwc with offering/desecrate was really popular with a lot of people last league. Best cwc's are cyclone, storm burst, or if you're bow scourge arrow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info