Why do people get vaccines? Don't they research the ingredients?

"
faerwin wrote:

Not if you are deliberately lying to the people by either, making studies and making fake conclusions because it goes in your interest. Especially when you are hiding dire consequences.

A good example is the tobacco industry lying about the consequences of smoking.

For the general population, this shouldn't be a crime unless you are broadcasting lies AND are refusing to stop when shown actual data and studies. (IE, Alex Jonh should be on trial for his garbage).

IRL, if you spread lies about someone, it's a crime called defamation. I don't see why this couldn't be applied to something well documented such as vaccines, climate change and polluting agents. P.S. Unbiased studies that go against the established norm shouldn't be considered as defamation.

That's a bigly slippery slope you got there which would degenerate into tyranny pretty fast. I'd rather have Alex Jones talk about gay frogs than tyranny.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Well, yeah. You probably have a point with the 'climate change' - portion.

I agree that antivaxxers should be punished in some way if their kids get sick. That's beyond a thought crime so I'm fine with that.

The problem here is that it doesn't prevent the behavior.

It's like saying that people going 120 mph on the high way shouldn't be punished until they cause a car crash/accident.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
The same applies to climate change denial. Consequences are real anyhow.
There's no functional difference between the typical climate change alarmist and a climate change denier, just as there's no functional difference between the doctor who doesn't see your cancer and the doctor who detects cancer and prescribes aromatherapy, magnets and leeches. If your solution isn't a solution it's better to do nothing.
Those who say "Stop smoking" or give the advice for operation, radiation and chemotherapy are professionals. There is some advice being made by professionals concerning climate change.
The doctor who prescribes aromatherapy, magnets and leeches is a professional. It's not like he's giving that stuff out for free.

An electric car on a grid powered by fossil-burning power plants is the illusion of activism. So is a solar panel whose carbon cost of manufacture is roughly equal to the that of the fossil fuels the panel displaces during its lifetime. This is what they sell us these days to distract us from deforestation and depleted ocean algae.

The primary answer to carbon-based warming is carbon-inhaling organisms.
"
Both Antivax people and climate change denialists belong to jail in my opinion.
I think people who openly call for jailing people for speech alone shouldn't be jailed, but that we should fantasize about jailing them.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 7, 2019, 5:12:11 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The doctor who prescribes aromatherapy, magnets and leeches is a professional.

No, that is a charlatan. Someone who should not give any advice, just like the few people in other disciplines.

Legally he might call himself a professional unfortunately, though.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Feb 7, 2019, 6:09:40 PM
"
erdelyii wrote:
"
Upandatem wrote:
The planned trip was to a height of a whooping 1.800 feet/~550 meters. We have buldings taller than that today, he could've used the elevator.

No way, lol. Really?

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/rockets/a19587128/self-taught-rocket-scientist-blasts-off/

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
An electric car on a grid powered by fossil-burning power plants is the illusion of activism.

I'd call it transitioning by means of incremental steps, but I'm not an activist.

You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Upandatem wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
An electric car on a grid powered by fossil-burning power plants is the illusion of activism.
I'd call it transitioning by means of incremental steps, but I'm not an activist.
Don't get me wrong, I see electric cars as a necessary step further down the line, but we're a LONG way from a nuclear power grid. Cart before the horse.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 7, 2019, 8:22:41 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Upandatem wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I see electric cars as a necessary step further down the line, but we're a LONG way from a nuclear power grid. Cart before the horse.

In this situation, it doesn't matter which one is first, provided both goals are worked towards.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
"
faerwin wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
In this situation, it doesn't matter which one is first, provided both goals are worked towards.
False. Electric cars in a fossil-based power grid = zero gains. Nuclear power grid with fossil-based cars = substantial carbon savings.

But more than anything else, the Big Energy lobby that has co-opted the climate change movement is trying to get you to subsidize them heavily for pretending to work on replacements to their fossil energy products. That's why the focus is on "green" energy and not on green leaves, where it should be. Faux-environmentalist legerdemain to distract you as they chop down the forests and poison the oceans. Cleaner energy won't solve this on its own, we need the negative footprint of vegetation to pull out of this.
vegetation isn't a negative footprint. It's just a basin of carbon. That carbon is released as soon as the vegetation is burnt/eaten (which is quite frequent). As such, it shouldn't be a big focus unless the rate at which O2 is consumed exceed the rate at which CO2 is consumed.

To have a negative carbon footprint, you'd need to catch the CO2 in the air and store it in giant reservoirs, ideally in liquid form or solid form. This, however isn't simple.

Another way would be to send it at the bottom of the oceans, in very deep areas, where the pressure is enough to transform it in liquid form. This might be very hard to do and very expensive.

Finally, one of the last way would be to bury the dead rather than incinerate them (animals, humans, plants). This cause the carbon contained in our bodies to go into the ground rather than in the air (through combustion). This is a very cheap solution but extremely slow.
Looks like some wildly varying estimates of how many trees are needed. Do you have the data that shows how the numbers work, Scrotie?

"
Upandatem wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:
"
Upandatem wrote:
The planned trip was to a height of a whooping 1.800 feet/~550 meters. We have buldings taller than that today, he could've used the elevator.

No way, lol. Really?

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/rockets/a19587128/self-taught-rocket-scientist-blasts-off/

"
Hughes often sparred with his critics on social media leading up to the launch, through Facebook comments and a 12-minute video addressed to his doubters. He's always maintained that his mission isn't to prove the Earth is flat.

"Do I believe the Earth is shaped like a Frisbee? I believe it is," he said. "Do I know for sure? No. That's why I want to go up in space."

"My story really is incredible," Hughes said. "It's got a bunch of story lines — the garage-built thing. I'm an older guy. It's out in the middle of nowhere, plus the Flat Earth. The problem is it brings out all the nuts also, people questioning everything. It's the downside of all this."

His future plans are simple: Fill out the paperwork to run for governor.

"This is no joke," Hughes said. "I want to do it."

"
In speaking with the Associated Press, Mad Mike made clear his disbelief for science:

I don’t believe in science.

I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust, but that’s not science, that’s just a formula.

There’s no difference between science and science fiction.

Something is wrong with what people are learning when people talk like this, and it's being promulgated through media, including social, as funny and thought-provoking as it is.

Science should fire the imagination... I like this graphic:

Americans just don't tend to do eccentricity well. There's something evangelical and brash about their eccentricities, rather than inward, strange, and charming.

"
If you thought the previous entries were eccentric, you are in for a surprise. Jemmy (James) Hirst was so famous an eccentric in his own time, that King George III summoned him to tea. When he received the invitation, Hirst declined – stating that he was training an otter to fish. Eventually he did visit the King where he threw a goblet of water over a courtier who was laughing; Hirst believed the man was having a fit of hysteria. The King gave him a number of bottles of wine from the royal cellar. Jemmy loved animals and he trained his bull to behave like a horse. The bull (named Jupiter) would draw his carriage about the village and Hirst even rode him in fox hunts. Instead of dogs, he used pigs that he had trained as hunt dogs. He regularly blew a horn to invite the poor to his home for free food – which was served out of a coffin. When he died, he requested 12 old maids to follow his coffin to the grave, as well as a bagpiper and a fiddler to play happy music.

"
Charan wrote:
Yep. The nurse and the internet both warned against using the same site twice or thrice in a row but I am one lazy bastard so I tempted fate. Twice was okay. Third must have really done it because there was quite a lot of blood. I'm 10 days past that and it's less plum, more nectarine now. Either way, jabbing on the other side of my belly come next Humira day, which is...this coming Wednesday, actually. ^_^

The whole thing sucks because sometimes it won't hurt at all, and other times it feels like being stung by a bee constantly for ten seconds. And there seems to be no clear way to minimise the latter or maximise the former. I don't mind RNG in my games but putting it into whether or not I'm going to self-harm as part of my self-medicating kinda sucks!

Humira Day sounds like a genuine festival. I looked Humira up. I suppose you could make a festive day of it, rounded off with a darts contest at the Local.

That does sound inconsistent, annoying, and painful. Besides, with game RNG you get the reward wheras with this it's not a hit to the ol' circuitry when you strike it up, just some relief.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info