Why do people get vaccines? Don't they research the ingredients?

I hate modern Social Media(TM) culture. The proliferation of shallow, flash-and-done trends, the erosion of attention and discipline, and the dissolution of any real, meaningful bonds between people that the Twatters and the Bookfaces and such have encouraged are going to be decades in repairing, if we ever do, and nothing exemplifies this era of trite, meaningless me-tooism than the existence of "Like" buttons. I can think of perhaps three posts someone has made somewhere across the entirety of my history on the Internet that have made me legitimately regret the lack of a "Like" button somewhere, which I usually hold to be a mark of distinction.

You, Adghar, have just bumped that to four. I resign my case and leave it to you, your words have convinced me. The dangers of dihydrogen monoxide are all too real, and we must spread the word to everyone about the Risks to be Learned where dihydrogen monoxide is concerned.
"
adghar wrote:
Forget vaccines. Dihydrogen monoxide is the real threat to our society. Hydrogen is the stuff BOMBS are made of (ever heard of the H-BOMB?) and yet they spray Dihydrogen Monoxide on our crops and drinking water across the globe is PACKED FULL of Dihydrogen Monoxide.

Wake up, sheeple!

FINALLY someone WOKE on this sheep farm!
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
adghar wrote:
Forget vaccines. Dihydrogen monoxide is the real threat to our society.

You forgot to mention that it is a corrosive product (have you seen what it does to metal? O_o) and that its inhalation can be deadly (360 000 people dying like that each year, a statistic that too few people know).
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
Educate yourselves!
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I've been decently convinced on vaccine effectiveness since the eradication of Smallpox and similar viruses/diseases.

That being said, it's always good to be skeptical of what is in everything you insert into your body, tons of product for consumption in America is not up to my standard. EAT ORGANIC!
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Aug 15, 2018, 7:00:31 PM
Anti-vaxxers are controlled opposition, although I use "controlled" loosely. They spout claims so obviously false and wrongheaded that otherwise reasonable people feel compelled to behave in a manner virtually identical to that of an unabashed Big Pharma shill. Vaccines are indeed a vital service, and failure to vaccinate is indeed child abuse, which in a rational world would be all the more reason to take the makers of vaccines to task and demand the most cost-effective product with the least side effects — not endlessly defend crony corporatists against the most spurious of claims.

Threads like these make Big Pharma happy. "Useful idiots" is the term that comes to mind.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 15, 2018, 7:48:26 PM
I depend on experts to tell me things. I cant know everything (actually I dont know much of anything) so when all these doctors say take vaccines I believe it just like when all these scientists say global warming is real and man made I believe it.

Problem with stupid people is not knowing they are. It's dangerous.

I'll tell u what I am a n expert at is building swimming pools ground up and I dont expect some doctor to question me.

Specialization is key in our world.

Death of expertise is a book y'all should read. Takes about how fucked up policies get due to popular demand and everyone thinking they are an expert. Again goes along with my thesis democracy is worst form of gov
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 15, 2018, 9:06:35 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I depend on experts to tell me things. I cant know everything (actually I dont know much of anything) so when all these doctors say take vaccines I believe it just like when all these scientists say global warming is real and man made I believe it.

Problem with stupid people is not knowing they are. It's dangerous.

I'll tell u what I am a n expert at is building swimming pools ground up and I dont expect some doctor to question me.

Specialization is key in our world.

I don't agree often with you but you are 100% on it here.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun

Eat organic.
Then we would probably only disagree on social "Science" and economics which are both not science but opinion.

For example to you like slow growth and unable to react to depression of gold standard or boom and bust cycles of fiat monetary standards. Opinion.

I would argue fiat money made global warming possible and intractable since you always have to pursue more profit and growth for ever expanding debt.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 15, 2018, 9:26:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info