Why do people get vaccines? Don't they research the ingredients?

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/07/health/madagascar-measles-outbreak/index.html

"[...] since October 2018 and there have been more than 300 deaths -- mostly children.[...]"

"
At least flat earthers aren't hurting anybody.

Yep.

If troll threads or not, antivax statements always find some idiot who agrees and feels confirmed(thx to the internet). The same applies to climate change denial. Consequences are real anyhow.

Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Feb 7, 2019, 2:01:18 PM
"
The same applies to climate change denial. Consequences are real anyhow.
There's no functional difference between the typical climate change alarmist and a climate change denier, just as there's no functional difference between the doctor who doesn't see your cancer and the doctor who detects cancer and prescribes aromatherapy, magnets and leeches. If your solution isn't a solution it's better to do nothing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 7, 2019, 2:12:33 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
The same applies to climate change denial. Consequences are real anyhow.
There's no functional difference between the typical climate change alarmist and a climate change denier, just as there's no functional difference between the doctor who doesn't see your cancer and the doctor who detects cancer and prescribes aromatherapy, magnets and leeches. If your solution isn't a solution it's better to do nothing.

Those who say "Stop smoking" or give the advice for operation, radiation and chemotherapy are professionals. There is some advice being made by professionals concerning climate change.

Only idiots are talking about "alarmism". That is an irresponsible invention.

Both Antivax people and climate change denialists belong to jail in my opinion.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Feb 7, 2019, 2:31:51 PM
"

Locking up people for thought crime? Stalin approves.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

People can think what they want. Selling belief as "alternative facts" ignoring real facts with very bad consequences irl is a crime, I think. Just my thoughts, you know.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Feb 7, 2019, 2:43:27 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If your solution isn't a solution it's better to do nothing.

OOF. Old age doesn't always come with wisdom.

"
Xavderion wrote:
"

So you think that if a kid dies because he isn't vaccinated, the parents shouldn't be held responsible?

Planning a crime is legally punishable afaik.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If your solution isn't a solution it's better to do nothing.

OOF. Old age doesn't always come with wisdom.

"
Xavderion wrote:
"

So you think that if a kid dies because he isn't vaccinated, the parents shouldn't be held responsible?

Planning a crime is legally punishable afaik.

He wants to lock up people who deny that the climate is changing. Nevermind that such people literally don't exist, but locking up people for thought crime is a bit over the top, don't you think?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Well, yeah. You probably have a point with the 'climate change' - portion.
"
Xavderion wrote:

He wants to lock up people who deny that the climate is changing. Nevermind that such people literally don't exist, but locking up people for thought crime is a bit over the top, don't you think?

Not if you are deliberately lying to the people by either, making studies and making fake conclusions because it goes in your interest. Especially when you are hiding dire consequences.

A good example is the tobacco industry lying about the consequences of smoking.

For the general population, this shouldn't be a crime unless you are broadcasting lies AND are refusing to stop when shown actual data and studies. (IE, Alex Jonh should be on trial for his garbage).

IRL, if you spread lies about someone, it's a crime called defamation. I don't see why this couldn't be applied to something well documented such as vaccines, climate change and polluting agents. P.S. Unbiased studies that go against the established norm shouldn't be considered as defamation.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Feb 7, 2019, 3:28:58 PM
"
Well, yeah. You probably have a point with the 'climate change' - portion.

I agree that antivaxxers should be punished in some way if their kids get sick. That's beyond a thought crime so I'm fine with that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info