I hope they won't forget to finally buff monsters or make the game harder aside from Dungeons

"
Rakiii wrote:

Riposte is rather utility skill but I was talking about normal active gems.

This argument should have supported the fact that you need to nerf the OP skills / things first before buffing / nerfing monsters.

Give me any skill and class that is not completely forgotten by devs and I'll give you a Shaper / T16 viable level 85 build on a 5 link for it within 2 minutes.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

This argument should have supported the fact that you need to nerf the OP skills / things first before buffing / nerfing monsters.

Give me any skill and class that is not completely forgotten by devs and I'll give you a Shaper / T16 viable level 85 build on a 5 link for it within 2 minutes.

This game's foundation is knowledge. You have the knowledge and experience to make that content feel easy. Unless you have a means to spread that info easily to the remaining 98/99%, you are barking up the wrong tree. I always get bored by the time I reach guardians and haven't stuck with it to hit shaper or uber elder. But maybe next season I won't worry about challenges or shaping the atlas to get all of those shaper orbs.

You also haven't addressed why you can't just play on HC SSF to increase the challenge. That's where the best streamers and racers, other than Mathil, go.
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Aug 10, 2018, 8:35:18 AM
Even if they buff monsters/bosses,the powercreep will eventually catch up. It seems that an overhaul is needed here not nerfs and buffs. I remember when they buffed map boss HP,you could feel it...now? If it lives longer than 1 second,better start new build.

Buffs,just doesn't cut it IMO.
"
Entire point is to become a god that's an ARPG that's every source of ARPG linked like what is with some of you wanting shit to take like 50000 years to kill? That's not an ARPG.

Even DS doesn't have that

Monster hunter does and that's a diff game.

This is true.

I hope they will keep monsters as they are, so people will have choice, those who want infinite challenge, going into the Mine, those who want just relaxing hunt heads with fast builds, doing maps.

The first group just get a dungeon and they still want to destroy a game for second group. I don't get it. The dungeon is a brilliant idea to make the game good for both groups.

(I actually going to do both, make a HH build for relax playing and make min-maxed build for a dungeon.)
Last edited by Marmiađoise on Aug 10, 2018, 8:52:23 AM
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

This game's foundation is knowledge. You have the knowledge and experience to make that content feel easy. Unless you have a means to spread that info easily to the remaining 98/99%, you are barking up the wrong tree. I always get bored by the time I reach guardians and haven't stuck with it to hit shaper or uber elder. But maybe next season I won't worry about challenges or shaping the atlas to get all of those shaper orbs.

You also haven't addressed why you can't just play on HC SSF to increase the challenge. That's where the best streamers and racers, other than Mathil, go.

There are 4 links in my signature, you're barking up the wrong tree (:

Why would I play HC or SSF? I like playing the game fully and doing business. I'm not interested in dying to DCs / lags / bullshit / whatever.

"
Kasapnica wrote:
Even if they buff monsters/bosses,the powercreep will eventually catch up. It seems that an overhaul is needed here not nerfs and buffs. I remember when they buffed map boss HP,you could feel it...now? If it lives longer than 1 second,better start new build.

Buffs,just doesn't cut it IMO.

So we just let the powercreep make everything meaningless because in future there will be more powercreep anyways? That's the same logic that teenagers use with their parents - "Why should I clean up my room!? It will get messy anyways!"
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
So we just let the powercreep make everything meaningless because in future there will be more powercreep anyways? That's the same logic that teenagers use with their parents - "Why should I clean up my room!? It will get messy anyways!"

Then how do we stop it? In 2 years following this,instead of PoE we will have cheap korean grinder ARPG. And i said rework not leave it as it is. Diablo 2 or Grim dawn,or pretty much every other ARPG didn't have PoE's problem. Majority wants to smash everything in an instant and im strongly against that,in my perfect world we would have D2 gameplay style but we don't.

I often joke when i talk about DPS in PoE with my friends,using Screens per second rather than Damage per second. That's why im for a rework not buffs and nerfs that eventually turn obsolete thanks to the powercreep. GGG should chose a style and stick with it,and it's pretty obvious what the choose. Don't get me wrong i don't like it the way it is now,but yea...no need to repeat myself.
the key with ARPGs is to make power difficult to achieve but attainable, if its too easy it feels shallow if its too hard its frustrating, I get bored almost as soon as i run out of development options for my characters and if I get there really fast it just feels cheap.

PoE has definitely moved towards the too easy side of the spectrum recently unless you were somebody who made very heavy use of double dipping prior to its mechanic rework, I personally think this is a gearing/stat problem rather than a skill one in most cases.

speaking softcore here because HC has a host of its own issues, Crit is too much above non-crit for most builds and stat sticks give a monumental damage increase to some skills while being unusable by others. Just tweaking these two would tone down most of the worst offenders currently.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Aug 10, 2018, 9:12:47 AM
Stat sticks need to be destroyed and crit multiplier halved across the board. Two handed weapons need increased AoE integrated and resolute technique could use some damage boost.

That's a start id like to see,in a way it nerfs builds without changing them mechanically,while giving 2-handers some love that's not a flat boring DMG boost. That would also "buff" mobs in a way. I mean,them crit builds erase ubers in seconds,while we ask for monster buff...
Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 10, 2018, 9:34:18 AM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Crit is too much above non-crit for most builds

As it should be, because crit requires using of three extra stats (accuracy, chance and multiplier). More investment should be equal to more damage.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

PoE has definitely moved towards the too easy side of the spectrum recently unless you were somebody who made very heavy use of double dipping prior to its mechanic rework, I personally think this is a gearing/stat problem rather than a skill one in most cases.

I'd say it's really the full package of buffs everywhere and barely any nerfs.

> Skill tree buff
> Ascendancies buff
> Vaaling buffs
> More uniques
> More high tier uniques
> More mods
> More uniques / div cards easily available
> More skills / reworked skills
> Vaal skills now work with normal skills
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Aug 10, 2018, 10:41:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info