I hope they won't forget to finally buff monsters or make the game harder aside from Dungeons

"Buff monsters" is actually such a bad way to put it

It's more so that delete bad designed one shot lazy designed monsters and take Dark Souls/Vindictus/Monster Hunter into consideration. Get rid of shit that is virtually invisible and one shots you within 0.1 seconds, that's actually annoying as hell.

But nah lets keep PoE a lazy designed right click RNG game because you're all a bunch of gambling addicts and the devs are lazy.
Last edited by OverratedGame on Aug 11, 2018, 3:51:31 PM
Monsters should be way herder, all the rares should be like red beasts, feels like I'm playing candy crush the way it is now
Meta = cattle

-ty men
"
I0wa wrote:
Monsters should be way herder, all the rares should be like red beasts, feels like I'm playing candy crush the way it is now

Yeah, red / yellow beasties were quite nice to be honest.
Not playing 3.20 - just a sm0l break, builds are still fine.
"
kikeuy wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

I'll just pick my Reave build and swap gems / weapon:

https://pastebin.com/97m7bjq9

Behold! The dual wield but not dual wield Shaper & T16 viable Static Strike Build!

370K + 220K explosion ( + shock and other damage!) Shaper DPS on 5.4K life on garbage items & 5 link, level 80.

Not bad ey! Go knock yourself out! I actually spent more than 1 minute to equip garbage items.

I killed Shaper with a Chieftain RAT EH without a 6l , didnt even need a 5l tbh but I should mention that Im using a Frostferno that cost some exalts and its like a 6l. You will have to farm a lot more than a min to get your "garbage" gloves, rings , belt , ToH etc.

I had fun playing this slow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxGu08ln6N8
But I dont want to be FORCED to play that slow just like no one is forced to play fast.
Now go scream on any global channel that D3 is better than PoE because you saw a video of a slow and clunky gameplay and get ready to receive a massive amount of insults on several languages.

You're missing the point here. I didn't put any effort in making that PoB, just swapped gems, removed weapon and made some random items that suck. 0 effort.
Not playing 3.20 - just a sm0l break, builds are still fine.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
I0wa wrote:

Yeah, red / yellow beasties were quite nice to be honest.

I feel like people took well to them too right? I saw a lot more posts praising how tough they were than complaints about them being too hard. A lot of people actually dont mind stuff putting up a fight, theres a lot who want it.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
kikeuy wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

I'll just pick my Reave build and swap gems / weapon:

https://pastebin.com/97m7bjq9

Behold! The dual wield but not dual wield Shaper & T16 viable Static Strike Build!

370K + 220K explosion ( + shock and other damage!) Shaper DPS on 5.4K life on garbage items & 5 link, level 80.

Not bad ey! Go knock yourself out! I actually spent more than 1 minute to equip garbage items.

I killed Shaper with a Chieftain RAT EH without a 6l , didnt even need a 5l tbh but I should mention that Im using a Frostferno that cost some exalts and its like a 6l. You will have to farm a lot more than a min to get your "garbage" gloves, rings , belt , ToH etc.

I had fun playing this slow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxGu08ln6N8
But I dont want to be FORCED to play that slow just like no one is forced to play fast.
Now go scream on any global channel that D3 is better than PoE because you saw a video of a slow and clunky gameplay and get ready to receive a massive amount of insults on several languages.

You're missing the point here. I didn't put any effort in making that PoB, just swapped gems, removed weapon and made some random items that suck. 0 effort.

But you shouldn´t call for buffs/nerfs because it took 0 effort to throw number at pob , because that doesn´t translate at all at playing the game. You still have to get currency for those items , you have to level those gems , you have to unlock the atlas or get enough currency for the Shaper´s set. You still have to know the mechanics because you won´t faceroll or facetank the Shaper with 0 effort build.

This is my opinion of course, but I dont want to farm xp at The Ledge because monster are hard to deal with in the next area. I can take my time and costumize the maps and my build to get the difficulty I want if I want to. And the next league will have another option to tailor the difficulty to your liking.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
trash in t15-t16 should hit as hard as mobs as in poorjoys or uber atziri zone

hardest content in the game shouldnt have magic and rare mobs one-shot, and actually present some danger.
"
kikeuy wrote:
just like no one is forced to play fast.
are you implying that no one is forced to play fast in poe ?
that isnt true
i will rather see them droping the nerf hammer on the strog builds than buffing monsters so the strong builds feel somewhat chalenging.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
adghar wrote:
Lol @ I_NO and JRog, the fact that they have infinite scaling difficulty means that it will literally be impossible to feel like a god because at some point the scaling will increase to the point where you hit a wall, thereby making you feel relatively weaker

You'll honestly probably still find it fun, though

No actually thats the entire point of adding this infinatly scaling content to the endgame..
Think about it.. Just how much can they just buff monster life and damage? At some point if they just continue that route it will litteraly get to the point everything is a one shot competition way worse than anything we have seen yet. Thats been the balancing method up to this point.. its what got us where we are right now. And it can only take the game so far before it starts to create its own issues that still end up having to be solved at some point.. thats what infinatly scaling content like this does.. Its pretty much the answer to this problem. The problem if when just buffing monster life+damage and nerfing the top end of everything finally reaches the end of its usefulness. Sure it works for a while but just like every other ARPG ive ever played it always seems to reach this point if the game sticks around and keeps getting content long enough to reach this point.

Adding such content makes it so theres still content to challenge players and push their builds and gear to their absolute limits while at the same time older content just falls back into becoming a stepping stone into that endless scaling content. And just like now players will have choices to make.. Do they stick to just mapping nice comfortable easy sleeper mode maps in MF gear? or do they Delve and invest in their characters as far as they can afford and push the limits of damage output and defensive capability as far as they can? Do players like myself continue to ignore all that in favor of doing endgame bosses like Shaper and Elder and Friends? More choices are ALWAYS welcomed though.. always. And this is just another option for us to choose from.

Thats my perspective on this content anyway. At least thats what im taking away from it. Pretty much the same thing D3 ended up doing.. So did Torchlight hell Torchlights is more like what we are getting than D3s version. But at the end of the day they all accomplish the same thing.. Giving players who min/maxed their builds to the point they crush all the content in the game and need that extra never ending goalpost to chase with said well made heavily invested setup. And of course it has leader boards for everyone to compare their builds or pushes with one another..

my only issue so far or question rather is will these leaderboards be Ascendancy based? They damn sure better be or they will be an even bigger joke than the lab ladder is...

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 12, 2018, 10:04:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info