Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

I hope they won't forget to finally buff monsters or make the game harder aside from Dungeons

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:
It´s rather subjective and it´s better to nerf OP skills / items and maybe balance some monsters then.

Or maybe don´t play OP builds.

Yeah, also I should start playing with my toes because the developers can't bring enough challenge to the game themselves l0l. I've killed Uber Elder on 5 builds this league, all were skills that aren't "META".

If you nerf skills, you get a lot worse reaction from players than you do from buffing monsters, hence I am suggesting that.

You will get the exact same backlash if you buff monsters instead. Builds choices will be hindered even further,and while im not a big fan of casuals,they will have it even worse. Nerfing is easier and better since the powercreep needs to be reduced.

Fun builds getting the nerf hammer is sad for some and good for others,yet the powercreep train doesn't slow down. Buffs for anything but the worst of the worst skills/passives shouldn't happen at this point.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 10, 2018, 7:14:32 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:

Just look at the statistics just 2% are able to get 36 challenges but how many of them are in fact able to kill endgame bosses on their own.

Cool statistics, look how many challenges and Uber Elder kills I have.

"
Kasapnica wrote:

You will get the exact same backlash if you buff monsters instead. Builds choices will be hindered even further,and while im not a big fan of casuals,they will have it even worse. Nerfing is easier and better since the powercreep needs to be reduced.

What will they have worse? Nobody has to do high tier maps all the time. Currently even casuals and super casuals can get to T16 maps in no time. There is barely any increase in difficulty in maps.

It doesn't matter if they nerf skills or buff monsters but there will be a lot more angry people if there are nerfs to skills. You can check previous leagues patch notes, I don't even have to argue my point here.

They don't have to instantly make T1 maps as strong as T10, simply make the map difficulty and monsters damage / life increase greater.

As an example:

Tiers:
1 - 3 = current level
4-6 = 5/6/8 current
11-13 = 13 / 15 / 16 current

etc.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
I think they do need to buff monsters.

Its not about nerfing skills imo, and the reason I say that is because I play an absolute ton of different builds and every single skill I play feels overpowered as fuck. Its not some outlier where arc traps are just too op, every build is stupidly powerful and blows up the screen with no risk of death in 99.9999% of cases. I could put together 50 different builds right now and they would all just obliterate red maps, you could set the same task to someone like mathil, he would obliterate maps with 50 different builds, and then if you compared them none of our builds would be the same. Theres 100s and 100s of variations on builds you can make and they are all stupidly overpowered.
Have high hopes for this... by 3.4 next year. It would take a lot of work.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Theres 100s and 100s of variations on builds you can make and they are all stupidly overpowered.

Yeah. Simply by going to build threads, you can tell from titles that every 2nd build can do Uber Elder aka the 0.0001% content that only the most ultra hardcore players can do.
Don't even have to talk about Shaper which is a complete joke. It's hard to find any build on forums that can't do Shaper, even full MF builds.

4.9K HP VPS & full MF / mapping gear.

https://i.imgur.com/Xwqoqea.jpg
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Its not about nerfing skills imo, and the reason I say that is because I play an absolute ton of different builds and every single skill I play feels overpowered as fuck. Its not some outlier where arc traps are just too op, every build is stupidly powerful and blows up the screen with no risk of death in 99.9999% of cases. I could put together 50 different builds right now and they would all just obliterate red maps, you could set the same task to someone like mathil, he would obliterate maps with 50 different builds, and then if you compared them none of our builds would be the same. Theres 100s and 100s of variations on builds you can make and they are all stupidly overpowered.

But discrepancy among different classes, builds is crazy despite the fact you can kill shaper in tabula with well made build and some practice.

Just try arc trap in 4 link and let say ice spear.

Would you play sweep over BF/sunder/reave ?

Sure you can make even such skills to work with the right gear and knowledge but it´s not even funny to compare them with some top skills or broken mechanics.

But imagine new player trying to progress through maps with sweep or similar skill.

He will get frustrated sooner or later or he can take any top skill.

Nerfing and balancing skills / things should be the first step before touching monsters.
Last edited by Rakiii on Aug 10, 2018, 7:46:44 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Any build with 500% multi and a diamond flask is fundamentally gonna destroy everything because its scaling is astronomically better than the other options, this is a fundamental problem that I personally think has needed looking at forever.

Still i'm in agreement with you, if you remove the bosses which require vastly higher dps than everything else pretty much any skill feels extremely powerful if built properly, you can make just about any skill clear the screen in one go or most of it at least.

I mean I just did an Oba's cursed trove in the flashback league at level 72 with 4k health using a chaining bleed split-arrow gladiator. I don't say that as a brag I say it in support of the argument I really expected to fail I thought i was being stupid but it was actually easy -_-, boss DPS is garbage but for regular mapping it was just easy.
"
Rakiii wrote:

He will get frustrated sooner or later or take any top skill.

Of course! Lets choose the bottom 5% of the skills in game that maybe <1% of the players play and make it as an argument to keep content weak.

I personally can't kill Shaper on a 4 link Riposte, so obviously the monsters should be made weaker.
Draegnarrr - it´s not only about crit but all "more" multipliers added during the last years (curses, penetration, flasks, support gems, crazy corrupts / shaper / elder mods etc.

As i told before the discrepancy among builds / classes / top items is crazy and couldn´t be balanced without any fundamental (mechanical) changes such diminishing returns and/or some hard cap breaks etc.

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

He will get frustrated sooner or later or take any top skill.

Of course! Lets choose the bottom 5% of the skills in game that maybe <1% of the players play and make it as an argument to keep content weak.

I personally can't kill Shaper on a 4 link Riposte, so obviously the monsters should be made weaker.

Riposte is rather utility skill but I was talking about normal active gems.

This argument should have supported the fact that you need to nerf the OP skills / things first before buffing / nerfing monsters.
Last edited by Rakiii on Aug 10, 2018, 7:56:35 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:

Just look at the statistics just 2% are able to get 36 challenges but how many of them are in fact able to kill endgame bosses on their own.

Where did you get that stat? That actually seems high for 36 challenges - assuming it counts everyone doing this season. And I doubt many that hit 36 can't solo endgame bosses

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info