I hope they won't forget to finally buff monsters or make the game harder aside from Dungeons

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
New items, easier to craft GG gear, Bestiary items & Reliquary keys and new skills & item mods. Some why I have a feeling that anything else aside from dungeons will be nap time.

do it on hardcore/SSF - ez solution to those that want more challenge. They can't cater the game to the top 1%
dig deep and see how far you can go no end to the monsters, you now have a reason to get perfect mirror gear and try to beat other rich exiles. If you are casual stick to the maps. The point of digging deep and crafting items is not to go out and do maps.
Last edited by momonami5 on Aug 9, 2018, 8:34:10 PM
I highly doubt so, no matter how much I myself would love to see that happen. Statistics clearly show most people don't want to feel anxious or challenged while playing the game. This is why 80-90% of players play SC and only 10-20% or less play HC. Most people just want to relax, kill thousands and thousands mobs with ease, collect loot and nothing more to it. The base game is going to remain the same, I am most certain on it. Too many people will complain and quit the game if they buff monsters, even if it was buffed just by 10-20%. This is why we have this additional alternative content like endless dungeons so people who seek challenge can find some there. Optional challenging content is the only future of Poe, all GGG needs to do is to make it right so it's actually worth doing it.

play in white gear to b more challengers
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
I highly doubt so, no matter how much I myself would love to see that happen. Statistics clearly show most people don't want to feel anxious or challenged while playing the game. This is why 80-90% of players play SC and only 10-20% or less play HC. Most people just want to relax, kill thousands and thousands mobs with ease, collect loot and nothing more to it. The base game is going to remain the same, I am most certain on it. Too many people will complain and quit the game if they buff monsters, even if it was buffed just by 10-20%. This is why we have this additional alternative content like endless dungeons so people who seek challenge can find some there. Optional challenging content is the only future of Poe, all GGG needs to do is to make it right so it's actually worth doing it.

There are way more reasons why people don't play HC. Not anxious at all and not gonna make another thread about how HC has nothing to do with SC.

The idea is that people can like killing monsters but at some point it becomes boring if monsters provide absolutely no challenge anywhere and changing gear doesn't matter. You progress your power 2x faster than a year ago.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
And here i am thinking stuff hits to hard on my flashback char (char sucks isnt gc/arc mines ;p)
Buffing mobs means they need to reduce their numbers,as it was before or as it is in D2.

If you think they are weak,try standing still for a bit...90% of the builds will be mauled instantly. Powercreep sucks but further mob/boss boosts will only screw up many non meta builds.

IF you want to buff mobs,then you should be asking for build nerfs and lessen monster DMG. At this point the game is blow up or get blown up,you can't fix this by buffing mobs even further.
It´s rather subjective and it´s better to nerf OP skills / items and maybe balance some monsters then.

Or maybe don´t play OP builds.
"
Rakiii wrote:
It´s rather subjective and it´s better to nerf OP skills / items and maybe balance some monsters then.

Or maybe don´t play OP builds.

Yeah, also I should start playing with my toes because the developers can't bring enough challenge to the game themselves l0l. I've killed Uber Elder on 5 builds this league, all were skills that aren't "META".

If you nerf skills, you get a lot worse reaction from players than you do from buffing monsters, hence I am suggesting that.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
It´s far easier to nerf some shit than buffing / changing everything else.

Some skills / items (poet´s, zerphii, arc traps..) are so strong/broken that you can´t just buff the rest of the things to same power level or you will break the game forever (we are close to that).

How many people playing in the leagues are able to even meet shaper / elder and such endgame bosses?

I would like to have some correct numbers but it will be small amount of people.

Just look at the statistics just 2% are able to get 36 challenges but how many of them are in fact able to kill endgame bosses on their own.

Well experienced players with their min/maxed builds will always tell each other that game is too easy no matter what.

You can beat shaper / uber elder and it´s nice. Do it on HC deathless or challenge yourself in different way. We used to play ironman style or naked style back in the diablo 2 days when we have reached Godmode in the game.
Last edited by Rakiii on Aug 10, 2018, 6:21:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info