[3.5] Immortal Incandescent Heart/Apep's Sacrifice BV/CI Occultist

lvl93 currently, can't really face tank anything without getting 1 shot, i have 8k ES. Apep but no clarity watchers eye cuz those go for like 70 ex even on standard.

Also very slow playstyle since there's not much you can get attack speed or cast speed from... Feels slightly sluggish but the damage is definitely there.
"
cheeblet wrote:
lvl93 currently, can't really face tank anything without getting 1 shot, i have 8k ES. Apep but no clarity watchers eye cuz those go for like 70 ex even on standard.

Also very slow playstyle since there's not much you can get attack speed or cast speed from... Feels slightly sluggish but the damage is definitely there.

Using spell echo in the 6L while mapping seems to significantly improve the cast speed issues.
I've found it makes casting fast enough that I can drop the increased duration gem (to avoid having 2 gems that don't add much damage) and run 5B1G, while replacing the spell echo to concentrated effect on bosses where I need the extra damage.

I'm still on very early stages of the build though, just switched to CI yesterday and level 72 now, so can't say how this will hold up into higher maps
Last edited by tesken on Dec 19, 2018, 5:50:25 AM
Why i dont die? level 20 enfeeble, its absolutly madness what this does for you
Well written guide. Only thing I'd change is that part about saving a passive (CI never takes Arcane Vision thats for LL) and you only have 4% chance to poison so it's not like you always have 6% over max res...esp on single target. I'd feel a lot better with 30% PoH suffix on a weapon.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 19, 2018, 9:37:33 AM
"
cheeblet wrote:

These BV builds dont feel right w/o a jeweled foil in the 2.0 IAS range IMO. Plus I pick up the cast and attack speed nodes coming out of shadow area.
Git R Dun!
I played Elementalist bv last league and occultist bv this league. Im much more satisfied with the occultist than I was with the elementalist.

I think in general it is more work getting this character right but the payoff is huge. I feel like an unkillable tank at this point. The biggest damage boosts i received was when I purchased my Minion damage and damage on full life rapier and when i was able to use Hatred along with my other auras.
I started BV elementalist in betrayal hoping to transition into this build when I had the budget, but after getting all the items it just seems disappointing compared to my elementalist with a fraction of the investment. The fast ES is fun and incredibly tanky but the damage and clearspeed is horrible IMO. Did the statstick nerf hit it that hard?
"
M0rdin_Solus wrote:
I started BV elementalist in betrayal hoping to transition into this build when I had the budget, but after getting all the items it just seems disappointing compared to my elementalist with a fraction of the investment. The fast ES is fun and incredibly tanky but the damage and clearspeed is horrible IMO. Did the statstick nerf hit it that hard?

I just rerolled my lvl 94 triple herald elementalist into this. And I still have so many items to upgrade. You can check what I have atm (that is personally what I love about this build, the endless maximization possibilities.) And Idk I seem to clear everything in one tick. I am loving it personally.
Last edited by EdgaJudo on Dec 22, 2018, 5:05:37 AM
Is this a Pog jewel for this build?
I'm trying to craft a sword for this build. Having never played with BV, what should I prioritize? like, what's the distribution of damage for BV? is pen good? is two low phys to fire and cold better than one high phys to either?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info