[3.5] Blade Flurry Elementalist. One tap the entire screen [Inpulsa+3Dragons] + Full video guide

Thats a lot to process thank you so much !!!
Question:

For optimal Three Dragons helmet corruption/enchant

Would %increased Blade Flurry Damage be better vs %increased effect of shock?

(150% cap is fairly easy to reach with amulet and boot crafts)

@Becks0816 Hello there, i hav a question, i was looking at you char in pob, and my char is not even near your, in terms of damage. Maybe i should get more Jewels with flat ele dmg and give up on Schock effect, what do you think?
Heres link to my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/wakama/characters

Edit: Looked more closely, it seems like i should change boots so i can craft on them that thing you have. Then i can change like 3 of my abbys jewels with more flat ele. Hmm, that double abbys socket belt seems also nice, but for that i need to do something with resistances.

Edit2: Changed some items, managed to get 77% on all resistances. Got that belt with 2 sockets, now i need to change my weapon and get fancy boots. Should be better now, and after that i need to switch some jewels.
Last edited by wakama on Jan 8, 2019, 2:34:52 AM
look at my gear, is he okay?
Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/HZgQFXev

What am I doing wrong? I am only Level 85, but I look at others PoB and I am at like half of what they are damage wise? What do I need to fix, and what do I need to upgrade?
Last edited by Nulledout on Jan 8, 2019, 12:48:57 AM
"

What am I doing wrong? I am only Level 85, but I look at others PoB and I am at like half of what they are damage wise? What do I need to fix, and what do I need to upgrade?

The jewels are what you will have to upgrade. The high end ones have 2x added elemental damage while yours mostly have only 1x elemental damage. Forget physical or added chaos damage. Focus on Lightning first.

You could also exchange your claw/shield combi (unshattered will plus a claw with hits can't be eveaded). I put my claw and the shield and got 40% more damagae against a boss.

Problem: all changes are expensice. Nice jewels cost 2-3ex and a claw like the one I use is north of 8ex.
Anyone here who understands the mechanic(s) in this build?

If I understand it in the correct way, then with the three dragon helmet on the following happens:

BF hits the target (with main damage lightning). The target freezes, is killed, explodes and spreads AoE damage (type: cold). This cold damage ignites other targets causing fire damage. The fire damage shocks the targets, they are killed, explode (due to Inpulsa) causing lightning damage and the game starts over again. This is how we clear screens of trash in a single hit.

Problem - a target is only shocked in the following cases:
Either we cause it in the way described above or we directly hit the target with enough direct fire damage to shock it.

Shock has a lower limit. You have to hit a target with more damage than 0.2% of its hit points in a single hit or you don't shock it at all. For shaper at full health this means a hit with 40k damage (not per second but per hit - see wiki "shock" for an explanation).

With the three dragon helmet the only damage causing shock is fire and when looking at PoB this damage type is the lowest one I have (1.3k to 2.9k at 6 stages). So in a boss fight I will never trigger shock due to the low damage but rely on the cold damage multiplier (skills deal xx% more damage with hits against chilled enemies).

The cold damage multiplier (Hypthermia support) now only has a chance of 10% to cause chill on hit but no lower limit like shock. Even a single damage point is enough here to chill.

So what I haven't decided yet is: should the three dragon be dropped in a boss fight to enable/maximise shock? I guess so and this approach of cold/lightning/shock follows the path of Enkis Arc witch (which I played and studied in 3.4)

The alternative way is to buy Yoke of suffering because then all(!) elemental damage can shock.

Questions, feedback, corrections?

Last edited by Becks0816 on Jan 8, 2019, 4:01:09 AM
Ok, noone so far but I have some small updates:

If you kill a shocked target then HoT starts firing random lightning bolts which can be easily spotted especially direct after the fight, because then these bolts hit chests/barrels around you.

I ran a pit map whith "+40% ele resis" as mod which resulted in enough damage reduction that I was unable to trigger shock on trash mobs with the 3 dragon approach (light -> cold -> fire -> shock). After exchanging the helmet with a regular one my blast radius was smaller and I had to target some more groups manually but I was able to spot my HoT indicators again.

Here is a trash mob target hit by HoT (the red beam - due to a MTX, otherwise it would be blue) while NOT wearing the 3 dragon helmet

And here we have the pit map boss hit by HoT (also without 3dragon)

Now I have to try this on a similar map with the 3 dragon helmet to check the differences.
Some more updates.....

Here is my original set up with the 3 dragons
https://pastebin.com/px4WhwJE

Then I decided to give a set up a try which doesn't use the 3 dragon helmet. Pretty hefty change and I am not finished yet:

https://pastebin.com/DCxVN9GL

I was lucky and had already bought a defensive helmet with "40% more damage to BF" enchantment and a lot of life and used that one. Because I lost 30% res all (*sigh*) I had to re spec parts of the passive tree, buy a jewel with 8% res all and a ring with 15% res all instead of 3% res all - total (without helmet) around 7ex

Now i have the problem that cold res max is 76% while the rest is 75% which kills the oak extra buff so I will have to replace my shield with one which has 3% less res all. Still waiting for a seller....

Best side effect I found: the ring rocks. It has "lvl 20 aspect of the cat", something i never heard of before. I am using this aura/buff now instead of the arctic arnor because it grants me some evasion plus 10% additional attack speed :)

Guess next upgrade might be 2 abyss jewel Tombfists or I could look into the boots again as soon as I have currency left to use.

I have tested the set up now in Delve and on maps. Clear speed against trash on maps is lower because of the reduced AoE effects but unique/rare monsters are simply shreddered now.
"
Becks0816 wrote:
"

The jewels are what you will have to upgrade. The high end ones have 2x added elemental damage while yours mostly have only 1x elemental damage. Forget physical or added chaos damage. Focus on Lightning first.

You could also exchange your claw/shield combi (unshattered will plus a claw with hits can't be eveaded). I put my claw and the shield and got 40% more damagae against a boss.

Problem: all changes are expensice. Nice jewels cost 2-3ex and a claw like the one I use is north of 8ex.

The multi Lightning Jewels are each 5ex+ if you can find one. The claw with multi-mod is 12ex+, last one I saw went for 25ex. I bought 40 annuls and claws to go with em. I have yet to have RNG gods bless me with actually keeping the mods I want. So I am out 40 annuls with nothing to show for it. Essentially I am looking at 5ex per item I want to upgrade. I think I am just going to count my losses at this point. You are looking at 50ex in Jewels and another 20ish in a weapon. That doesn't include the shield which is 4-5ex. I mean to upgrade that we are talking north of 75ex. That is rough.
Last edited by Nulledout on Jan 8, 2019, 9:49:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info