Hardmode / Veteranmode

"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
That they could actually interlink danger/reward ratios to grant everyone enjoyment should never come as a surprise.

It's already pretty much this way.
Well, one needs to understands how the RNG in the games works to understand that of course.

Dare I say they're doing it in an insufficient way???

Danger and reward ratios are too skewed toward rewards, and we both know that they could and should grant the "best" stuff from those difficult enemies:

Why divination cards that grant "the best outcomes" aren't mandating an "epic" fight? Why do the Diviner's boxes don't follow that "common sense" suggestion"? Why aren't rares from bosses at least more "meaningful" than those dropped by white monsters? (although you mentioned they started to "see the light" at least in this aspect, so one could still hope for a solution).

I don't mean that they should automatically move all the best rewards towards the difficult encounters, but they could at least provide the "difficult" ones with outcomes on the size of the difficulty - one could argue that all content is @#$$ easy these days so that's why rewards are as ^&*|, but why not address that???

The danger/reward ratios should be improved by huge amounts, as the current status is unsatisfactory, even with all the RNG took into consideration. RNG should enhance the experience, not simply be used as the "scape goat" when the right questions mandate fair answers...

Because that's PoE. You can get a mirror when you are level 1. Why are you so suprised, this is not a sudden change in direction. This has always been the direction.

And honestly I like it that way. It means I'm not forced to do shitty content(bosses) to get anything of value drop.

Not to mention that if they actually would put the good stuff behind things like uber elder, you would make a new post complaining you can't do all the hard stuff. This is exactly the problem with posts like this, you don't even know what your asking for.
Last edited by Miská on Jul 26, 2018, 9:15:34 AM
I thought we already had a hard mode...

I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
I thought we already had a hard mode...

What "hard" mode you talking about?
"
Miská wrote:
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Danger and reward ratios are too skewed toward rewards, and we both know that they could and should grant the "best" stuff from those difficult enemies:

Why divination cards that grant "the best outcomes" aren't mandating an "epic" fight? Why do the Diviner's boxes don't follow that "common sense" suggestion"? Why aren't rares from bosses at least more "meaningful" than those dropped by white monsters? (although you mentioned they started to "see the light" at least in this aspect, so one could still hope for a solution).

I don't mean that they should automatically move all the best rewards towards the difficult encounters, but they could at least provide the "difficult" ones with outcomes on the size of the difficulty - one could argue that all content is @#$% easy these days so that's why rewards are as ^&*|, but why not address that???

The danger/reward ratios should be improved by huge amounts, as the current status is unsatisfactory, even with all the RNG took into consideration. RNG should enhance the experience, not simply be used as the "scape goat" when the right questions mandate fair answers...

Because that's PoE. You can get a mirror when you are level 1. Why are you so suprised, this is not a sudden change in direction. This has always been the direction.

And honestly I like it that way. It means I'm not forced to do shitty content(bosses) to get anything of value drop.

Not to mention that if they actually would put the good stuff behind things like uber elder, you would make a new post complaining you can't do all the hard stuff. This is exactly the problem with posts like this, you don't even know what your asking for.

Oh, I enjoy that part too. But to test yourself versus difficult content and 99.99% of the time be showered with @#$% makes you wonder why do said content? So some better incentives even lootwise could be applied.

That hard content you called @#$%%& should be just difficult and even "epic" and grant a sense of completion when you succeed in finishing it. Why not have some of that sense apply do loot drops too?

Beside the ad hominem failed attempt, I can assure you most players would also improve when they have more incentive to face the difficult content and win, instead of fleeing like chickens and buy their way "to success".

PS: I can manage everything this game has to offer EASILY, but I do challenge you to actually run that content "the hard way" and go "non cheese", "non opie-op meta" for getting to 100 for a change, using a single target namelocking skill that REALLY dual wields and have RT on top just so you don't accidentally "one shot" content. You will be surprised at the difference, especially versus the "challenging" content in the game...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Jul 26, 2018, 11:58:46 AM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

I don't mean that they should automatically move all the best rewards towards the difficult encounters, but they could at least provide the "difficult" ones with outcomes on the size of the difficulty - one could argue that all content is @#$% easy these days so that's why rewards are as ^&*|, but why not address that???

Oh, I enjoy that part too. But to test yourself versus difficult content and 99.99% of the time be showered with @#$% makes you wonder why do said content? So some better incentives even lootwise could be applied.

That hard content you called @#$%%& should be just difficult and even "epic" and grant a sense of completion when you succeed in finishing it. Why not have some of that sense apply do loot drops too?

Beside the ad hominem failed attempt, I can assure you most players would also improve when they have more incentive to face the difficult content and win, instead of fleeing like chickens and buy their way "to success".

PS: I can manage everything this game has to offer EASILY, but I do challenge you to actually run that content "the hard way" and go "non cheese", "non opie-op meta" for getting to 100 for a change, using a single target namelocking skill that REALLY dual wields and have RT on top just so you don't accidentally "one shot" content. You will be surprised at the difference, especially versus the "challenging" content in the game...

Just like I have to accept that there is zero gear progression left in this game, you have to accept that there is zero challenge left in this game. Welcome to the age of casuals. A ramping group of 'gamers' who come with millions and devour every game in their way just to ditch it the moment the next victim comes out. And every gaming company including GGG falls for the easy millions and without a second thought betray their values for cold hard cash.

In all seriousness though, a companies number 1 goal is to make money. You and I don't make them as much as the millions of casuals do.
Last edited by Miská on Jul 26, 2018, 12:36:53 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Veteran mode? Just play Hardcore SSF. LOL.

Except playing HC SSF doesn't make the actual gameplay harder, it only makes the cost of failure greater. The only difference is how long it takes you to get to the point you were at when you died. There are no rules differences that make it harder (except for not being able to buy drop-exclusive gear, which is rarely necessary anyway). Everything else is just a matter of grinding, not difficulty.
It should be noted that OP who wrote this plays SC not HC

Dont know why this is still being debated because most of the opinions I've seen written here are so skewed and biased based on a specific logic that they are applying to the game

Heres some quotes of that

"
Just like I have to accept that there is zero gear progression left in this game, you have to accept that there is zero challenge left in this game. Welcome to the age of casuals.

"
I can assure you most players would also improve when they have more incentive to face the difficult content and win, instead of fleeing like chickens and buy their way "to success".

"
Except playing HC SSF doesn't make the actual gameplay harder, it only makes the cost of failure greater.

List goes on and on

Saying no challenge left because you're playing top tier builds in SC or playing super boring/safe builds in HC while doing nothing challenging

Age of casuals (even though in the past there were much more broken builds that were much more accessible and the list is so large im not even going to waste my time bringing them all up..)

There isnt a massive incentive to face the difficult content in the game? are you joking?

Have you seen the prices of uber elder/shaper drops in the first month of the league?

Watchers eyes with the mods can sell for fuck tons of currency which are not really available from other sources.

Even div cards for watcher's eye are only obtained by killing lichs, and are not uber elder watcher eyes.

Then saying that SSF HC is irrelevant because all it does is punish you more..

Have you ever played video games before bruh?

What happens in a video game when you crank up the "DIFFICULTY" everything starts to 1 shot you, when you die you lose more progress, etc.

Thats what difficulty literally is... its.. harder...

Furthermore nothing you write on these forums will impact the decision making of GGG

The game has been only growing and attracting more players.

The game is still free to play they havent charged for any of the expansions yet.

The game has been getting better improvements as far as frame rate, desync, loot filters, etc.

You can play the game however you want and you can also find whatever you want to QQ about on the forums.

Last edited by Bloomania on Jul 26, 2018, 2:44:31 PM
"

Dont know why this is still being debated because most of the opinions I've seen written here are so skewed and biased based on a specific logic that they are applying to the game

Heres some quotes of that

"
Just like I have to accept that there is zero gear progression left in this game, you have to accept that there is zero challenge left in this game. Welcome to the age of casuals.

"
I can assure you most players would also improve when they have more incentive to face the difficult content and win, instead of fleeing like chickens and buy their way "to success".

"
Except playing HC SSF doesn't make the actual gameplay harder, it only makes the cost of failure greater.

List goes on and on

Saying no challenge left because you're playing top tier builds in SC or playing super boring/safe builds in HC while doing nothing challenging

Age of casuals (even though in the past there were much more broken builds that were much more accessible and the list is so large im not even going to waste my time bringing them all up..)

There isnt a massive incentive to face the difficult content in the game? are you joking?

Have you seen the prices of uber elder/shaper drops in the first month of the league?

Watchers eyes with the mods can sell for fuck tons of currency which are not really available from other sources.

Even div cards for watcher's eye are only obtained by killing lichs, and are not uber elder watcher eyes.

Then saying that SSF HC is irrelevant because all it does is punish you more..

Have you ever played video games before bruh?

What happens in a video game when you crank up the "DIFFICULTY" everything starts to 1 shot you, when you die you lose more progress, etc.

Thats what difficulty literally is... its.. harder...

Furthermore nothing you write on these forums will impact the decision making of GGG

The game has been only growing and attracting more players.

The game is still free to play they havent charged for any of the expansions yet.

The game has been getting better improvements as far as frame rate, desync, loot filters, etc.

You can play the game however you want and you can also find whatever you want to QQ about on the forums.

Seems like you don't even understand a thing anyone has written. Not to mention your complete lack of a point to your post, and summing up facts that are completely irrelevant. Try again.
"
Miská wrote:
Spoiler

Just like I have to accept that there is zero gear progression left in this game, you have to accept that there is zero challenge left in this game. Welcome to the age of casuals. A ramping group of 'gamers' who come with millions and devour every game in their way just to ditch it the moment the next victim comes out. And every gaming company including GGG falls for the easy millions and without a second thought betray their values for cold hard cash.

In all seriousness though, a companies number 1 goal is to make money. You and I don't make them as much as the millions of casuals do.

And that is why you "sugar coat" things for the casuals and make them improve even when they don't consciously acknowledge it.

All my suggestions are about providing "incentives" and "real alternatives" in a game where if you want to be "successful" you hunt the same things always, and those on the high part of the pyramid find themselves with less and less diversity.

Why not encourage people to "improve" and "adapt", by not taking away their accustomed playstyle, but by adding some "depth" to other neglected aspects instead? It will surely not "break the game", and it might make more of a difference on "the long run" than most would give credit for.

And TencentGGG should be all about making more money and increasing their playerbase at least 10 fold more, but they need to be "smart" about it, look at the "bigger picture" and not neglect the "long term health" of PoE. As difficult as it will be, and as it will only get harder, they need to "do right" on a lot more aspects than they are doing currently...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Jul 27, 2018, 1:13:36 AM
"

Not entirely correct. I made the switch to HC this very league . After 3 days of casual playing i was like lvl 86 or so with the trapper. No motivation to continue playing though. Maybe i lvl it to lvl 90 tho. In before "See? you play an unethical OP build. Thats why its too easy".

"

So what youre saying is people should gimp themselves with like playing a bad build or not capping resists?

This is literally d3 logic right there. "Just play without the 6p set, wheres your problem?"

We will see how their new direction will turn out in the long run. D3 died. They didnt see a reason to keep making expansions to keep it alive because while the gg op op oneshot meta was fun and casuals loved it - these gamers switch to the very next hype game (the next Call of Duty or whatever) after couple of days / weeks and were never seen again. And a new patch or someting for an old game wont bring them back in most cases. Its very hard to keep these kind of players in one game. Pretty much impossible imo. While I dont have access to their statistics (player retention etc) but what i know is if the cookie cutter strategie fails theyll lose not only the casuals they also lose the veterans. But who cares at this point since the company is owned by a chinese mega corp now and the initial founders are rich af now and probably cant care less if the success wont last long anymore. :P
Last edited by Koksii on Jul 27, 2018, 9:38:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info