Hardmode / Veteranmode

"
karoollll2534 wrote:
I doubt anybody would be really interested in "veteran" mode that is only based on changing some numbers.

Only changing "some numbers" would be much better than nothing. PoE would be a lot more interesting for me if it would be so hard that just getting through story mode would be a major challenge.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
I feel the same way as op. One thing thats needed is lowering the dmg of all player skills by at least 80-90%. 60-100%+ more attack/movement/cast speed for monsters would be nice too.
Last edited by Zenef on Aug 2, 2018, 4:33:56 AM
"
Koksii wrote:
tl;dr: Power creep and clear speed is completely and utterly out of controll, which is why we need a veteran mode.

Just implement it already.

Im a veteran. Im playing this game since it was in beta and invested a lot of time playing and money to support them and now i think its time for me to give some feedback and post my wishes

I really enjoyed it for many years. That being said, I knew that when the game would achieve mainstream adoption the devs would change the target audience and make it way more casual / fast et cetera. I knew it was inevitable from a business point of view and it makes sense to do that.

That being said i really think it is time for GGG to give something back to the veteran oldschool players that made it possible for GGG to make this game a success (especially financial wise) in the first place. Im talking about a a optional (non extra rewarding) hardmode where they heavily tune down clearspeed, tune down power creep so that monsters can actually do something (except the random 1 shots every now and then)

Currently the only challenge the game offers is uber elder and for me thats not motivating enough to play the game. I cant even unlock him because everything before is just pure boredom to me and i cant motivate myself to play, lol . 99,9% of the game is a oneshot fest (except when you reach t16 guardians, but theyre a joke as well) and to me as a veteran (while still being hyped when a new season / patch is announced) after a couple hours into lvling / couple hours into mapping it feels so boring that i cant play the game longer than a couple days into a season which makes me a bit sad. I have no motivation to even 6 link my items anymore since its not needed whatsoever. The power creep has simply became too insane, its completely out of control. I dare to say not even fu*king diablo 3 had this amount of power creep.

A hard mode would be very easy to implement. No need for extra content or rewards. Tweaking numbers would pretty much all that is needed. It would make me buy mtx and supporter packs again if they would implement that. A lot of asians from china realm probably would love it as well. Cant see myself buying any form of mtx or support packs until GGG implements more challenging / non oneshot content to the normal endgame (mapping etc) or a hardmode in general

edit: You might say it would split the playerbase even more since we have ssf, ssf hc, standard, standard hc, league, league hc, flashback etc. my answer is: So what. If veteran mode has a small player base it would even make trading fun again since not only the high end stuff would sell. And according to GGG every league brings more players to the game than before. It shouldnt be problem. I think its way harder and more time consuming to try to please con clear speed players and pro clear speed meta players within the same game mode.

I know its probably not a new idea but i still wanted to make this post

I was with you until you made the comment about D3 not having this much power creep. LOL have you ever even played. Without the endless GRifts you get to a point where you 1 shot absolutely everything in far less time than it takes in PoE. Endless Grifts means eventually your not gonna 1 shot anymore. But those are extreme endgame and are "ENDLESS SCALING" meaning there is no way you can 1 shot everything forever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info