Hardmode / Veteranmode

It s amusing how there are still some speed meta white knights left in the game that try to discredit people who actually seek for challenge in games. Op clearly stated that he s bored playing 99% of the content simply coz it s too easy. Shit melts immediatly and it doesn't matter if you are playing sc or hc or ssfhc, it s enough to equip shitty 1c gear to melt everything, 4l is enough to drag your ass up to tier 16 maps. There is no way to deny that. It s not about the op playing sc or hc, it s not about if he killed uber elder or not, it s about the road to that end game content and I agree with op, it s absolutely pathetically easy right now, it s extremely boring and underwhelming and you speed meta white knights can try to discredit people who create this kind of threads as much as you want but there is no way to deny the fact that having high stacks of damage basically lets you ignore all game's mechanics and make you feel like playing s game with a cheat code.
Op doesn't even ask to make the base game more difficult, he asked if we could have an extra mod/league for people who actually loved the game back in the day when there was actually some gameplay compare to now. If you love the game the way it is now, love killing thousands and thousands mobs with very little effort then kudos to you, I have absolutely 0 problem with that but when people start trying to discredit people for wanting the game to feel at least a little bit harder don't offer them to play with zoomed mode or with 1 hand or blindfolded. A good game should not make you do any of the that, a good game should be able to satisfy all type of players, both casuals and non-casuals, people who seek challenge and those who just want to faceroll everything with 1 button pressed. Currently the game is developed only to appeal to more casual cloud and that s absolutely unfair and a disgrace to older veteran players who were the ones who helped to build Poe from scratch. There should be a different mod in the game that will make you engage with game's mechanics yet again, that makes boss fights actually yet again interesting and challenging.
I m not even saying the game should not be slower. I, myself, love going fast too, playing the game efficiently, I remember even 2 years ago I also oneshotted white and blue packs but to get there took much more effort and time, I needed actually some decent gear, a 6link and lvl 20 gems. Minmaxing was fun in the day, grinding for a new piece of gear and eventually equipping it to feel more powerful felt god damn good. Now all of that is absolutely pointless and unnecessary. The power creep was absolutely unnessary, the game was fine 2 years ago. Now it s just gotten to beyond ridicilous level, to a level when you just wanna quit the game and uninstall.
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Jul 27, 2018, 10:33:06 AM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
GGG should be all about making more money and increasing their playerbase at least 10 fold more, but they need to be "smart" about it, look at the "bigger picture" and not neglect the "long term health" of PoE. As difficult as it will be, and as it will only get harder, they need to "do right" on a lot more aspects than they are doing currently..

10 folds ...
If a day comes when the population will be 10 times the current population, you can be absolutely sure that it will be a pretty different game.
You realize that, do you ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"

Seems like you don't even understand a thing anyone has written. Not to mention your complete lack of a point to your post, and summing up facts that are completely irrelevant. Try again.

Its like you're so self aware that you dont even realize you're addressing yourself

Last edited by Bloomania on Jul 27, 2018, 8:13:13 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
GGG should be all about making more money and increasing their playerbase at least 10 fold more, but they need to be "smart" about it, look at the "bigger picture" and not neglect the "long term health" of PoE. As difficult as it will be, and as it will only get harder, they need to "do right" on a lot more aspects than they are doing currently..

10 folds ...
If a day comes when the population will be 10 times the current population, you can be absolutely sure that it will be a pretty different game.

You do realize that I will be still playing that game, as long as I can still keep playing it "my way", do you? And each increase in "population" comes with it's own "good or bad aspects". It's about how they get to address the "bad" ones and build on the "good" ones...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
A good game should not make you do any of the that, a good game should be able to satisfy all type of players, both casuals and non-casuals, people who seek challenge and those who just want to faceroll everything with 1 button pressed.

Exactly thats what i thought map tiers are for. Theres barely a difference between t1 and t15. Chance is high that if you can play a t1 map you can play a t15 or even t16 too. Maybe it would already help to make the tier difference more significant. Make yellow maps noticeably harder than white maps and red maps noticeably harder than yellows.

"
Op doesn't even ask to make the base game more difficult

This. I dont want GGG to take power creep away from you. Its inevitable that they will continue to implement more of it anyways, theres no way going back without a major outrage. But another optional mode for the hand full of people that want mapping a bit less zoom zoom without having to gimp themselves on purpose would be great for everyone. Its obviously a hot topic otherwise people wouldnt talk about it over and over again
Last edited by Koksii on Jul 29, 2018, 6:34:13 AM
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

10 folds ...

You do realize that I will be still playing that game, as long as I can still keep playing it "my way", do you? And each increase in "population" comes with it's own "good or bad aspects". It's about how they get to address the "bad" ones and build on the "good" ones...

Irrelevant to what you quoted but alright.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

10 folds ...

Irrelevant to what you quoted but alright.

Actually quite relevant, as you didn't bother to understand that said "pretty different game" would be as challenged by various "good" and "bad" aspects as the current PoE is, with the difference of it reaching an increase 10 fold, and what it would matter would be the way the devs adjust those to the expectations of the players. And I think that is what they should strive to do, and constantly improve the game to reach said 10 fold increase in population with preferably a noticeable improvement regarding player retention.

Quite relevant to what I quoted, you do realize that, do you?
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Jul 30, 2018, 12:00:59 AM
My point was not that it would be better or worse, at all.
Which is exactly why I said that if PoE ever has 10 times the current population ( not right now, I mean the average, with the peaks at league/event starts of course ), then definitely many many things will have changed, and the game will be very different = pretty much a different game.

You don't just get that many people to like your game an join it, every game has its target audience.

I really don't think that GGG ( or Tencent ) will drastically change the game's direction to try to attract such a huge audience and I sure hope they won't.
But hoping for a 10 fold population increase is quite delusional imho, unless you introduce the game to a significantly big crowd that did not know it before and could be attracted to this kind of game ( which is still niche I think, but that's not so easy to tell ).

So yeah : it was pretty much ... just irrelevant.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 30, 2018, 12:50:18 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
Spoiler
My point was not that it would be better or worse, at all.
Which is exactly why I said that if PoE ever has 10 times the current population ( not right now, I mean the average, with the peaks at league/event starts of course ), then definitely many many things will have changed, and the game will be very different = pretty much a different game.

You don't just get that many people to like your game an join it, every game has its target audience.

I really don't think that GGG ( or Tencent ) will drastically change the game's direction to try to attract such a huge audience and I sure hope they won't.
But hoping for a 10 fold population increase is quite delusional imho, unless you introduce the game to a significantly big crowd that did not know it before and could be attracted to this kind of game ( which is still niche I think, but that's not so easy to tell ).

So yeah : it was pretty much ... just irrelevant.

Your point of view regarding relevance is funny.

It's simply a question about how to make said game the best ARPG out there, by such a landslide that not even people waiting for Diablo 4 wouldn't play PoE as well.

Would it be a different game? Maybe. Said different game would be forced to not entertain "fringe groups"? Maybe, but it could entertain them at least partly. Will it provide new challenges to be tackled by TencentGGG? You bet.

So yeah : it was pretty much ... just relevant.

Last edited by sofocle10000 on Jul 30, 2018, 12:57:05 AM
ok
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 30, 2018, 2:45:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info