XP loss on death suggestions.

is this the topic where casual players like me whine about xp loos on death ?:D just lost 50proc of exp on lvl 90 time to go back to d3
death pentalty sucks
other games like grim dawn deal different with death
and its still hard at some point harder than path of toxile
"go back to your shitty grim dawn" arguments incoming ...
death penalty in poe sucks still no matter what you say
its a wasteo f time and brings no fun
games supposed to be fun
this is torturing ...
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
"
Delekhan wrote:
These is some choices when you make a new character, like untradable items, hardcore, incursions etc. Why not make a choice when you start a new game with no xp loss on death for the softcore players?

You already have choice to make character who won't suffer from lose of experience in case of death: it is called "make strong character who won't die and play good". If you can't do any of those, you have another choice - learn how to play better and how to make better characters.

But instead of picking any of those choices you choose to complain on forum. You doing it wrong.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
"
Delekhan wrote:
These is some choices when you make a new character, like untradable items, hardcore, incursions etc. Why not make a choice when you start a new game with no xp loss on death for the softcore players?

You already have choice to make character who won't suffer from lose of experience in case of death: it is called "make strong character who won't die and play good". If you can't do any of those, you have another choice - learn how to play better and how to make better characters.

But instead of picking any of those choices you choose to complain on forum. You doing it wrong.
wrong answer
Honestly this is a pretty soft approach at a consequence for dying, MMO i've played in the past in fact my favorite ones actually allowed leveling down which was much more brutal than POE has ever been, And you know whats really hilarious about that? Nobody ever really complained about it or tried to petition to get it removed.

Then again i have to say in the defense of a lot of arguments here the games im speaking of also had stable gameplay/fps which POE does not have the last few leagues.

It had to be Delve league where the servers started to become much more unreliable which is one of the things thats getting people killed even when they are not doing things that would normally result in their death.

This league in particular has been pretty bad for me personally with my client basically pausing for 5-20 seconds waiting for i assume the server to catch up.

One thing about the syndicate killing people which is a major contributor to the very existence of this thread even wasnt really a problem for me personally in the Betrayal league itself, for some reason the rediculous lags seemed to come in synthesis rather.. which is very confusing how it got worse after than before.

This is a complex issue which was made much more punishing by recent content that has been added and a host of other things including MTX going far beyond what the simple MTX that were released in the old days.

But in the end in order to find the solution to the exp loss i think that everyone is going to have to address the causes of the things that are getting you killed not the end result, Without the challenge from about 90-100 many would no longer hold someone lvl 100 in any regard.

I'd personally like being level 100 to be bragging rights on how well you put together and geared your build and also on how dedicated and good someone is at the game as well, but hey if somehow enough people got enough support together to convince GGG to remove it, i wouldnt really care, my goals are obscure and unrelated to being a high level ;p
Innocence forgives you
In a game as casual as PoE, the XP loss on death is completely out of place.
But I wouldn't mind it though if GGG just fixed their technical issues that can result in death.

While I believe it would be ideal to remove the penalty altogether so that it's more in-line with how casual this game and it's playerbase are; just fixing their optimization(?) issues would be a suitable bandaid.
"
In a game as casual as PoE, the XP loss on death is completely out of place.

agreed.

the problem isn't really the penalty, though - it's that poe wasn't supposed to be casual. hence, all the power creep nonsense that's trivialized the game to the point where if you're dying, you're doing something really wrong.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
oh guys there you have it
"all casuals you can leave now this game isnt for casuals" :)
problem solved for you

btw time wasting mechanics arent fun - change my mind ;)
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
problem solved for you

Lvl 100 isn't a requirement for anything.

Why, as a casual, are you expecting the same rewards as those who put hundreds of hours into the game?

Don't be a scrub and improve, if you want an easy faceroll game play diablo 3
"
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
problem solved for you

Lvl 100 isn't a requirement for anything.

Why, as a casual, are you expecting the same rewards as those who put hundreds of hours into the game?

Don't be a scrub and improve, if you want an easy faceroll game play diablo 3

dont be a nonpoint "git gud" troll and telling me how to play a game ... lol
i've spend alot of hours in this game and telling me to go play diablo3 is the most out of context argument scrubs like you use ...

where did i said that casuals should be rewarded the same way as those who put hundreds of hours into the game?
quote please

like i said time wasting mechanics arent fun and games supposed to be fun
only because some of those hardcore 24/7 no lifers playing that game as a full time job doesnt mean players like me who are in between casuals and core players have to suffer from that crap since ggg is balancing around core players because theyre crying all the time as if the game isnt challanging or hard enough

"sees 0815 arguments coming up again"
"oh youre casuals you dont deserve to enjoy the full potential of the game"
mimimi QQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info