XP loss on death suggestions.

____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by NemoJr on Aug 1, 2018, 6:01:26 PM
"
Delekhan wrote:
Ok. It is first time i play the game i reach lvl 73 as occultist, problem is am gimped because of the skill tree, i can't do any more temples because i deal to low damage because the drops of good gear is low.

I can't lvl anymore and gain more skills for skill tree to gain more power, i can't respec because i used all my respec stones/books.

I been lvl 73 for 1 week now trying to find some descend gear. i refuse to buy and trade gears because i want to enjoy to find it myself. I want to lvl i want to respec the tree how i want to i want to gain xp without dying.

GIVE US THE CHOICE to choose a new game without death xp penalty what is the problem with that?

I'm afraid you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to play SSF, expect slower progression and less damage.

In the case of XP penalty, it is a fundamental part of the game. A build with lots of weaknesses must be punished, so that it will be forced to refine.

I would suggest slowing down, playing for fun, not trying to rush content your build isn't ready for, and stay in lower maps until it is ready to progress.
"
Delekhan wrote:
i want to I want to i want to i want to i want to

This is the main point of the post and of the whole topic.

First you want to decrease your expectations, second you want to increase your knowledge about the game and its mechanics. The last thing you should want is to cry on the forum after achieving nothing in the game after few days of gameplay.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
My brother and my friends quit this game because of death penalty.

A death took away their more than 1 month progress, and to avoid death, they were forced to play "safe" maps and forced to skip boss fight.

They felt this game was more and more boring and quit eventually.
I personally don't have that big of an issue with the penalty. 4 out of 5 times, it really just boils down to me either not being careful with a boss' attacks patterns or just not reading (Phys. and Elemental Reflect anyone?)

1 of 5 times it's either Cells, City Square or any other map with an overtuned boss.

The system works flawlessly, until you slow down around the 80s and 90s and 10% of experience can easily be hours or half a dozen of fully-cleared maps.

I think after a certain point, it should deduce experience based on your 'Exp per hour' and not a flat 10%.
"
Stop dying.

Stop dying = skip dangerous content, skip boss fight = boring and then quit.
"
smtad wrote:
"
Stop dying.

Stop dying = skip dangerous content, skip boss fight = boring and then quit.

Well, sadly you're right.

TencentGGG can't understand that a successful ARPG doesn't need ARTIFICIAL WALLS and provides a "FUN" experience on the entire journey of a character from 1 to 100, and should instead ask their players to constantly improve along that journey...

PoE manages to have just enough damage spikes, and other various problems, so players get killed, but with the things going this way, we're all be forced soon to either diligently play ONLY "opie-op meta skills" or find other various "smart" game breaking interactions and ridiculize PoE by gaining perpetual immortality and so on...

As I said on numerous occasions, the softcore death penalty is MEANINGLESS as it's there to assess how many of the players a gluttons for punishment and it seems like a special Pavlov test, that the "best" players pass when they pursue reaching the level 100 via the "TencentGGG sanctioned way" aka by running mindlessly easy content and/or "opie-op sanctioned meta" items, skills, mechanics or interactions. Everything else that had a semblance of diversity "can go @#%& itself" from TencentGGG perspective...

Nice way of keeping players interested in their "free to play" game and "supporting" them... /s

So much squandered potential should be taxed VERY HEAVILY... Unfortunately, that isn't the case...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"

I think after a certain point, it should deduce experience based on your 'Exp per hour' and not a flat 10%.

Exp per hour is still not fair for casual players. For example, a player play PoE a hr a day. If you set death penalty to 10 hr exp lose, this player would lose 10 day progress per death.

If you want to set penalty to exp per hour, it must include non-playing time.
"
smtad wrote:
"

Exp per hour is still not fair for casual players. For example, a player play PoE a hr a day. If you set death penalty to 10 hr exp lose, this player would lose 10 day progress per death.

Great googly moogly I sure hope you do not work in an engineering field.

Listen up - if your imaginary friend plays an equivalent hour a day for 10 days, and then dies, then he loses a day of play time to that death - not all 10 friggin days. That is what the PER HOUR part means.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
"
smtad wrote:
"

Great googly moogly I sure hope you do not work in an engineering field.

Listen up - if your imaginary friend plays an equivalent hour a day for 10 days, and then dies, then he loses a day of play time to that death - not all 10 friggin days. That is what the PER HOUR part means.

Read the posts again, paying attention to the parts I underlined.

Not that I'm in favor of a time-related solution; just wanted to point out the misunderstanding.

Misunderstandings happen, and are totally fine, but your attitude leaves something to be desired.

---

Edit:

I feel like I missed an opportunity to say:

"Great googly moogly I sure hope you do not work in Public Relations."

Heh.

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
Last edited by NemoJr on Jul 23, 2018, 12:04:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info