XP loss on death suggestions.

"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
"
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
oh guys there you have it
"all casuals you can leave now this game isnt for casuals" :)
problem solved for you

btw time wasting mechanics arent fun - change my mind ;)

Lvl 100 isn't a requirement for anything.

Why, as a casual, are you expecting the same rewards as those who put hundreds of hours into the game?

Don't be a scrub and improve, if you want an easy faceroll game play diablo 3

dont be a nonpoint "git gud" troll and telling me how to play a game ... lol
i've spend alot of hours in this game and telling me to go play diablo3 is the most out of context argument scrubs like you use ...

where did i said that casuals should be rewarded the same way as those who put hundreds of hours into the game?
quote please

like i said time wasting mechanics arent fun and games supposed to be fun
only because some of those hardcore 24/7 no lifers playing that game as a full time job doesnt mean players like me who are in between casuals and core players have to suffer from that crap since ggg is balancing around core players because theyre crying all the time as if the game isnt challanging or hard enough

"sees 0815 arguments coming up again"
"oh youre casuals you dont deserve to enjoy the full potential of the game"
mimimi QQ

There is more to the game than leveling up. Levels past 80 are fairly Insignificant. Stop basing your fun over a relatively irrelevant number
"
There is more to the game than leveling up. Levels past 80 are fairly Insignificant. Stop basing your fun over a relatively irrelevant number

oh so i have to stop basing my fun over a relatively irrelevant number
yeah if its so irrelevant then why does it exist? and why is it capped to lvl100?
hmmm
strange why not remove levels from the game?
i thought its skill based and depends on your reactions
so why leveling up then?

other games dont have a problem to let you level up to lvl 100 (also a max lvl in grim dawn)
but give you big ass strong bosses that you cant even beat with lvl 100 if you arent good enough
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
"

yeah if its so irrelevant then why does it exist? and why is it capped to lvl100?
hmmm
so why leveling up then?

other games dont have a problem to let you level up to lvl 100 (also a max lvl in grim dawn)
but give you big ass strong bosses that you cant even beat with lvl 100 if you arent good enough

It not being the same as every other game isn't a valid argument
"
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
"

hmmm
so why leveling up then?

It not being the same as every other game isn't a valid argument

oh the your opinion isnt a opinion argument
dude
what i was reffering to was the core of it but you failed to understand that so keep rollin
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
I recently got the game. Only noticed the xp loss around lol 68. When I did the game loss all the fun aspects , became increasingly stressful and grindy (not in a good way). I stopped doing a lot of things because I didnt want to die and loose 10% of my xp (lol 80 now btw). In maps I don't the boss, I dont help friends in their quests, I have to farm open low level maps in order to have some sort of xp gain. This penalty is really the dumbest mechanic I've ever witnessed. I do believe a ton of people have quite playing poe because the game became extremely stressful and just not fun to play anymore which a game should never be (I believe this because I feel it). I a game were xp means a everything like poe having an xp penalty of 10% (which is an entire lvl 72 map for me) is ridiculous. I'll get replies from people "just dont play then" and I say to that is make hardcore a place where you loss xp (not the character) and the other game modes have a different xp penality that doesn't take away any xp but makes it a bit harder for a while. These devs need to listen (not just poe). I'm tired of devs only really listening to YouTubers and twitch streamers but when there is a legitimate complaint making a game not fun in the slightest but not brought up by streamers then it is left in the game.
"
Delekhan wrote:
Am one of those guys that cant stand you loose xp on death, am quitting the game because of this frustration.

These is some choices when you make a new character, like untradable items, hardcore, incursions etc. Why not make a choice when you start a new game with no xp loss on death for the softcore players?

I think alot of people have quit the game because of this frustration, because of no progression.

People manage to progress through HC despite the one life to live. The reality is that people who complain about a penalty for death in softcore aren't willing to accept punishment for failing to learn to make adjustments.

If there are players that make it to 100 in just a week or less, it says a lot about people on the other end of the spectrum.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

People manage to progress through HC despite the one life to live. The reality is that people who complain about a penalty for death in softcore aren't willing to accept punishment for failing to learn to make adjustments.

If there are players that make it to 100 in just a week or less, it says a lot about people on the other end of the spectrum.

yea it says that some of us have a life and others who get to 100 in a week need to re-evaluate theirs. the amount of play time and speed you need to play at to reach this is insane.

you know what makes me quit the game for a while, deaths from a game crash . or deaths from stupid shit they put in like aura stacking legion range mobs that can kill you from off screen through 80% damage reduction and 8k life in less then 0.5 seconds.

The current penalty needs to be adjusted to be modern. Just because x player can do it does not mean it is a good mechanic to have in the game. That is like saying just because there is 1 billionaire it is ok for the middle class to be erased.

Balance the game around people who have lives and more importantly - disposable income as they leave the house.

Last edited by nadakuu on Jul 27, 2019, 11:01:44 AM
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
Spoiler
"
Delekhan wrote:
Am one of those guys that cant stand you loose xp on death, am quitting the game because of this frustration.

These is some choices when you make a new character, like untradable items, hardcore, incursions etc. Why not make a choice when you start a new game with no xp loss on death for the softcore players?

I think alot of people have quit the game because of this frustration, because of no progression.

Wrong perception.

I've bold the aspect that simply forgets to account for regular casual n00b hoarders that level to 100 in a few THOUSAND hours.

I'm such a case. Happy leveling to 100 from 99, running all content in my own time and in my own way (not dismissing difficult or even suicidal content at times - except when the suicidal mods pile up to certain death, that @#%& is counterproductive - and running it with a SOLO dual wielding RT Jugg Smiter at the moment, due to the rework to Static Strike that obliterated it's single target DPS).

Due to me being stubborn, I haven't reached 100 YET, though I could reach it by simply sinking enough currency in either pursuing delving or only playing HIGH EXP content like those juicy pure breachstones.

But don't compare me playing non-efficient non-meta versus all kind of content (which most would be skipped by default by others leveling to 100 ^^). I simply enjoy taking my time, but believe me that reaching 99.50% going back to 99.0% (thank you TencentGGG for half backed updates a week before Betrayal), leveling back to 99.40% then going back to 99.0% (thank you TencentGGG for even worse updates the couple weeks before Synthesis), and now I'm back leveling to 100 (99.12% atm - due to me having a real "legit" death on those 90% EXP, had a real life problem and didn't had time to TP)...

Sure, I could "git gud" and "META and/or ROTA my way", but please, don't try to make me lose the last "fun" thing that keeps me invested in the game. And this comes from someone that would have leveled to 100 all his 25 character slots, if not for the "slog" regarding EXP gain, if you play PoE "hard mode"...

I'll probably hit 100 later, then sooner, as PoE isn't providing incentive EXP wise concerning the danger/reward ratio in a meaningful way, and their curent "melee rework" was such a fiasco...

But don't ever compare level 100 achievers in less than a week to us "scrubs" that play the game for years towards the same goal. For the latter category, the journey holds a lot more importance than the goal...

"
nadakuu wrote:
Spoiler
yea it says that some of us have a life and others who get to 100 in a week need to re-evaluate theirs. the amount of play time and speed you need to play at to reach this is insane.

you know what makes me quit the game for a while, deaths from a game crash . or deaths from stupid shit they put in like aura stacking legion range mobs that can kill you from off screen through 80% damage reduction and 8k life in less then 0.5 seconds.

The current penalty needs to be adjusted to be modern. Just because x player can do it does not mean it is a good mechanic to have in the game. That is like saying just because there is 1 billionaire it is ok for the middle class to be erased.

Balance the game around people who have lives and more importantly - disposable income as they leave the house.

Very well said, I share your sentiments exactly regarding the way that PoE tends to squander it's potential, especially the bolded part about the regular players...

Unfortunately, we all know PoE has "the best 1K pretzel eating dev & balance meme teams" so we might wait a very long time, hopefully until 4.0/5.0 hit for real solutions and great implementations...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Jul 27, 2019, 11:39:17 AM
The excuse that you have a life doesn't fly when you're choosing to spend some of said life complaining about xp penalty in softcore.

It's one thing to complain about the ever growing spike damage, its another to whine about a penalty for dying as if its what's really holding you back.

It's less about time invested and much much more about efficiency. A lot of that efficiency revolves around mind-numbing repetition.

I managed to get my SSF up to uber elder, but after 3 failed attempts I accepted I needed better gear so I moved him to trade. He's geared much better now, but since I didn't want to move my stashes I had to migrate character and that also means all the progress I made in delve, unlocking recipes, trials and atlas.

My character can easily breeze through it all given I did it with SSF gearing the last time - what's holding me back my progress isn't some death penalty, it's the sheer lack of motivation to do it all over again. Dying too often and running out of portals was how I failed, not because I wasn't high level enough to complete it. If I had done it with the gear I have now since moving to trade league, I would have probably succeeded on the first attempt. Yet, I chose to burn those frag sets to see if I could complete it despite being lesser equpped, emphasis on the word CHOSE.

Blaming the xp penalty for preventing progression is just a person's unwillingness to accept responsibility for shortcomings. If the best players can max level in just days without a single death, it's not hard to fathom that the least skilled players would rather argue its unfair over acquiescing that there are people better than them at something as trivial as a video game.

You could remove the penalty, and the same people complaining now would just find a different reason to make the same argument.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
"

hmmm
so why leveling up then?

Do you have any idea, what the words "fairly" and "relatively" mean at all ?
lvl 100 gives a goal for people, for some who want to go for it.
It requires knowledge, planning and endurance, things that most people complaining here lack for sure ( either of these or even all of there for some ).

"
LeeryPizza wrote:
I recently got the game. Only noticed the xp loss around lol 68. When I did the game loss all the fun aspects , became increasingly stressful and grindy (not in a good way). I stopped doing a lot of things because I didnt want to die and loose 10% of my xp (lol 80 now btw). In maps I don't the boss, I dont help friends in their quests, I have to farm open low level maps in order to have some sort of xp gain. This penalty is really the dumbest mechanic I've ever witnessed. I do believe a ton of people have quite playing poe because the game became extremely stressful and just not fun to play anymore which a game should never be (I believe this because I feel it). I a game were xp means a everything like poe having an xp penalty of 10% (which is an entire lvl 72 map for me) is ridiculous. I'll get replies from people "just dont play then" and I say to that is make hardcore a place where you loss xp (not the character) and the other game modes have a different xp penality that doesn't take away any xp but makes it a bit harder for a while. These devs need to listen (not just poe). I'm tired of devs only really listening to YouTubers and twitch streamers but when there is a legitimate complaint making a game not fun in the slightest but not brought up by streamers then it is left in the game.

How about trying to understand why you are dying and make your character better instead of blaming the game ?
If you have troubles leveling up past level 80, something is likely very 'wrong' with your character, if you don't want to even try improving it, I don't quite see a reason why the game's high level "requirements" should not slow you down.

You want to run high level content ?
You need a better character.
The penalty is doing exactly its job of soft-caping you there.

"
Nadaku wrote:
yea it says that some of us have a life and others who get to 100 in a week need to re-evaluate theirs.

Aaaand there you go, some more condescending ****.

If you feel the need to throw such thing on a forum of a video game on the internet ....

lol

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 27, 2019, 10:38:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info