XP loss on death suggestions.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

People who would quit the game rather than play with the penalty have already quit the game, because the penalty is here and has always been here. Yet time and time again in the thread this false idea that everyone whos casual must hate the penalty and this is pushing away the masses of casual poe fans to suit a small elite comes up.

Yeah. Time and time again this idea comes back up, that excessive XP death penalty especially on higher levels sucks for casual players. Gee, I wonder why. There must be some hidden agenda behind all these frequent requests.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
gotta be honest, logic has not really been a strong suit on the lets change the penalty side of the debate in this thread.

What a cheap straw argument there.
Last edited by vmt80 on Aug 3, 2018, 12:40:57 PM
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
(...)

Many among those wanting a change agree that having a penalty is not all black. We would like to find a solution that keeps the benefits of the current penalty, or at least the most important, while correcting its issues. Anti-changes don't want a change, point, or to make it worse, for the lulz.
Is it really that unreasonable to want the optimal solution, rather than the status quo?
Don't we ever put forward reasonable arguments?

Lol
of course you want that ....

For people that didn't get it already : no you don't, not more than most of the people that QQ about the death penalty here and there.
If it would keep its "benefits", I expect you and most others to keep QQing the exact same way, so why bother changing a system that is working ?
But I've said that already, and you're going to keep saying stuff that has been said and addressed times and times by others again maybe so ....
have fun.

"
vmt80 wrote:

I mean, what you said could have any ... meaning if you had brought up anything ... you know ... substantial at all.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"

Don't we ever put forward reasonable arguments?

Ive yet to see one.

"
vmt80 wrote:

you obviously dont understand what a straw man argument is.
...it takes ~4 weeks of solo play @8 hours a day in another MMO I stopped playing to get from 34 to 40, and another 7 weeks or so from 40 - 45. Dont get me started on 45 - 50 and 50 - 55, both of which turn into "stop stealing my mobs, asshole" arguments that took ~2-3 months without a party and EXP boosts....

Needless to say : it's not a popular game.

Death penalties...? Yeah. But not EXP...you just start having to pay more for shop items the more you die. Can't take your pets with you if you lose too much of a certain point. Cant go on special raids. Cant buy certain items from rank shops. Can't transform into other battlemodes. Instead of fucking with your TIME/EXP (7. Fucking. Weeks. Worth. If it was ran by GGG...) they just slap you out of EXTRA content until you get your shit together.

Far more logical, except there's no real "extra" content in PoE.

Spoiler
1-80 - No penalty.

81-90 - 5% Penalty. FAR better than what it is now (10%).

91-94 - 10% Base Penalty + 4% Penalty for each death, capping at a 30% penalty per each death thenceforth, and resetting to the base penalty when Daily's reset. Something for your wee tawdy wannabe-HC-but-Alt-F4 players to giggle about and something for more trash-dev-aware players to be wary of; to take a break or risk their meager gains...

95-100 - 10% base + 10% for each death thenceforth, capping at a 50% penalty per death, and only resetting each time the player manages to level...since, apparently, the way it is now is "too easy" for people who also think shoving pinecones up their rear-end is tantamount to something being "difficult". Heyyy...looks like lvl 100 is still that mystical and magical reward that gives nothing of worth and no clout whatsoever that GGG thinks it does, right?

A lot of people reach level 100 because they run in groups of 4-6 with auramancer and swapping auras curses to share buffs.

And with the leagues constantly ending if people really care who reaches level 100, then it only really matters in standard since league ends. So how about characters get nerfed down to 96 after league ends. If its so easy and meaningful, just do it again.

A lot of people support the level 100 yet haven't had a character above 97 running alone.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2193347
Remove xp loss on death now! Its not a learn to play issue, its a "dont have time to play all day" issue. And whichever developer came up with things that can insta kill in < 1 sec should be shot.
"
Trysella wrote:
Remove xp loss on death now! Its not a learn to play issue, its a "dont have time to play all day" issue. And whichever developer came up with things that can insta kill in < 1 sec should be shot.

How come some characters don't die and yours do ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
i figured it out....

when i die they GIVE me 10%
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
Guys, it's not really constructive to bash on someone that is already triggered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info