[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

Hey guys I'm starting to get into red maps with this setup now, and it feels really strong already. Just a bit squishy but that's ok with this kind of character :) Only thing is I'm not really sure I wanna pour much more currency into it.

What do you guys think are the most urgent/immediate upgrades that also won't break my bank? I have around 1ex left after buying these items.

Thanks in advance for your opinions :)

"
Tonst3r wrote:

Yup. ilvl 85 shaped sambar then:
- Alteration spam for TIER 1 ele as chaos (ONLY do T1! You're about to spend 4-5 ex on it...it's worth it.)
- Regal it
- Annul until the ele is the only mod
- Repeat this process when the last annuls fails you...multiple times...
- Craft multi mod
- Make sure you have the Tier 3 rolls available (Spell Crit Chance was max of tier 2 I believe, rest were 3)
- Use Divine orbs to get the first "Gain 20% of ele dmg as extra chaos" to 20%. This might take a bit...
- Win the game.

To Clarify rolls:
- Spell dmg + 4% non-chaos as chaos **There's a BIG dps difference between tier 1 and tier 3! Buy a ton of ilvl 75+ unveiled 1h weps to unlock last tier**
- Lightning dmg to spells
- Global Crit Multi
- Spell Crit Chance

Thanks for the mini guide! I'm super new to poe, but surprised to see the sambar chosen over something like tornado wand for ~39% spell damage. Is 6% penetration really stronger than that much spell damage?

I was told pen has diminishing returns, and we already have 10 (helm) + 10 (boots) + 15 (wise oak) + 15 (wrath jewel) = 50% already, no?

Not trying to say the choice is wrong... just trying to rectify my lack of knowledge, lol.
Last edited by Juggggg on Jun 25, 2019, 3:09:32 AM
Spoiler
"
Juggggg wrote:
"
Tonst3r wrote:

Yup. ilvl 85 shaped sambar then:
- Alteration spam for TIER 1 ele as chaos (ONLY do T1! You're about to spend 4-5 ex on it...it's worth it.)
- Regal it
- Annul until the ele is the only mod
- Repeat this process when the last annuls fails you...multiple times...
- Craft multi mod
- Make sure you have the Tier 3 rolls available (Spell Crit Chance was max of tier 2 I believe, rest were 3)
- Use Divine orbs to get the first "Gain 20% of ele dmg as extra chaos" to 20%. This might take a bit...
- Win the game.

To Clarify rolls:
- Spell dmg + 4% non-chaos as chaos **There's a BIG dps difference between tier 1 and tier 3! Buy a ton of ilvl 75+ unveiled 1h weps to unlock last tier**
- Lightning dmg to spells
- Global Crit Multi
- Spell Crit Chance

Thanks for the mini guide! I'm super new to poe, but surprised to see the sambar chosen over something like tornado wand for ~39% spell damage. Is 6% penetration really stronger than that much spell damage?
I was told pen has diminishing returns, and we already have 10 (helm) + 10 (boots) + 15 (wise oak) + 15 (wrath jewel) = 50% already, no?
Not trying to say the choice is wrong... just trying to rectify my lack of knowledge, lol.

You forgot a couple of important things in the mini guide for crafting:
You can get a good roll of mods, which is used in multicraft, such as global critical strike multiplier >30%, flat lightning damage >6-112 , critical strike for spells >70% & Use orb of augumentation in the hope of getting a second mod T1 ele as chaos.+ regal & annulment after, till u ll get 1(ele as chaos) or 2(ele as chaos+something usefull)mods.
Sometimes this crafting strategy helps to get higher rolls, than rolls, wich can be obtained on the crafting bench and save currency
About penetation: Its a multiplier, that multiplies the damage value with a full set of damage components, including flat damage, elemental and spell elemental damage, but depends more on the type of elemental damage (lightning damage in our case. If you use additional cold damage, only global elemental penetration(like mode on amulet, weapon&skill tree) ll work with it& you ll lose some damage from total lightning penetration).
Penetration is a really good mechanic.

Lightning penetration can be obtained on the amulet 10%, enchantment 10% + 9-10% suffix on the helmet, enchantment on boots 10%, global ele pen mod on the weapon - own property 6% and suffix 5-10%, mod on the gems 2%-15% (15% on the watcher's eye), wise oak 15%, in the skill tree and the elemental equilibrium. Total 132% in all sources, but its hard to get.
I got 82% lightning penetration already without EE, wise oak, sambar sceptre. U can check my gear&skill tree
Last edited by Silver_Dude on Jun 25, 2019, 7:41:46 AM
Awesome build, I'm so fond with trappers from the beginning. I'm having so much fun with your build as never before. Just one quick question. You wrote on your Gear guide "Shimmeron sucks cause we can't shield charge soooOOOOo nah." However, we now can shield charge with wands, so is Shimmeron a good weapon to go? Is it strong enough to do the end contents?
"

Hey guys I'm starting to get into red maps with this setup now, and it feels really strong already. Just a bit squishy but that's ok with this kind of character :) Only thing is I'm not really sure I wanna pour much more currency into it.

What do you guys think are the most urgent/immediate upgrades that also won't break my bank? I have around 1ex left after buying these items.

You can still craft stuff on your boots and one of those rings :P
If you feel too squishy you can also put some skill points into the blind wheel with evasion% and 5% reduced damage taken from blinded enemys, thats huge, since you always blind around you.
"
SuperCrap wrote:
"

If you feel too squishy you can also put some skill points into the blind wheel with evasion% and 5% reduced damage taken from blinded enemys, thats huge, since you always blind around you.

Good point on the passive tree and blind nodes! Those could be very helpful indeed. As for the gear upgrades, are there any notable things to look out for on rings/amulets? Seems like they are just for stats and res. And sadly my boots have some strange hybrid armour mods so all the affixes are filled out already :P
"

Is this the one with silent steps?
Last edited by gball on Jun 26, 2019, 8:39:07 AM
"
Silver_Dude wrote:
Spoiler
"
Juggggg wrote:

Thanks for the mini guide!

You forgot a couple of important things in the mini guide for crafting:
You can get a good roll of mods, which is used in multicraft, such as global critical strike multiplier >30%, flat lightning damage >6-112 , critical strike for spells >70% & Use orb of augumentation in the hope of getting a second mod T1 ele as chaos.+ regal & annulment after, till u ll get 1(ele as chaos) or 2(ele as chaos+something usefull)mods.
Sometimes this crafting strategy helps to get higher rolls, than rolls, wich can be obtained on the crafting bench and save currency
About penetation: Its a multiplier, that multiplies the damage value with a full set of damage components, including flat damage, elemental and spell elemental damage, but depends more on the type of elemental damage (lightning damage in our case. If you use additional cold damage, only global elemental penetration(like mode on amulet, weapon&skill tree) ll work with it& you ll lose some damage from total lightning penetration).
Penetration is a really good mechanic.

Lightning penetration can be obtained on the amulet 10%, enchantment 10% + 9-10% suffix on the helmet, enchantment on boots 10%, global ele pen mod on the weapon - own property 6% and suffix 5-10%, mod on the gems 2%-15% (15% on the watcher's eye), wise oak 15%, in the skill tree and the elemental equilibrium. Total 132% in all sources, but its hard to get.
I got 82% lightning penetration already without EE, wise oak, sambar sceptre. U can check my gear&skill tree

Yeah good point. The rolls from alt-spamming could definitely be better than the low tier bench options. I didn't want to get carried away will a full-on craft guide. With enough luck, you can definitely make something better.
Mobile games have better trading...
Last edited by Tonst3r on Jun 26, 2019, 8:11:04 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but I've been playing without blasphemy/enfeeble + banner and trying different auras in place. Since we don't need mana, we can reserve 100% and run Wrath + Zealotry for max dps.

I was trying to run with Herald of Ice but the death-effect doesn't work with traps so it's been wasted (Herald of Thunder gives more dmg). According to PoB, Zealotry is noticeably the best dps boost.

We still have enfeeble on CWDT (mine's only lvl 12. 1635 dmg trigger with 5.4k max hp) and the blind we get from Ascendancy is SO Much of our surviving.

Just wanted to share :)
Mobile games have better trading...
Hi.

I started this league saturday, this is my gear by now.

Is this belt fine, or may I change?

And, what to go for first?
Ty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info