Winners of the Path of Exile Fan Art Competition

Cool.

first illustration 2 days and second 1,5 days working, but not any place)

"
XigTek wrote:
So many sour grapes in this thread baselessly insulting both fellow artists & judges simply because they did not win. You give art a bad name. Constructive criticism is one thing, calling someone "bad" without provocation is another.

Such ugly behavior from people who want to create beauty.

Oh, so many justice warriors. Calling someone bad, in it's pure form, is a criticism. The word constructive criticism was created by those who where to afraid to hear the truth. Just like "safe space". So, in the end, you're the sour grape cause you can't handle seeing diverse opinions.
"
Occisus wrote:
you're the sour grape cause you can't handle seeing diverse opinions.

That's rich, coming from someone who trash-talks people for not liking his works
Last edited by LaplaceNoMa on Jul 18, 2018, 5:56:08 AM
Congrats to everyone! Love discovering fellow artists in the community.
Till the next one.
Cheers!
All of these are great! So many talented people in our community <3
just amazing.... very well done art... thanx for this :)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Wow! Really wow! I will be joining next contest. Keep it up everyone. Congrats! You all deserve to be recognized. ^_^

Bex we really need your voice micro transaction - See you next time!
----

Nish
:AOE expert
:Soloist
"
Occisus wrote:
"
XigTek wrote:
So many sour grapes in this thread baselessly insulting both fellow artists & judges simply because they did not win. You give art a bad name. Constructive criticism is one thing, calling someone "bad" without provocation is another.

Oh, so many justice warriors. Calling someone bad, in it's pure form, is a criticism. The word constructive criticism was created by those who where to afraid to hear the truth. Just like "safe space". So, in the end, you're the sour grape cause you can't handle seeing diverse opinions.

LOL, maybe edit and blank your previous whine before calling out anyone else. Since you don't need a safe space you won't mind reading that I wouldn't have picked your entries either. The first one is... Zana? The second is "Warrior determined to slice up that wedding cake in the distance".

Ignoring both of someone's entries, in its pure form, is a criticism.

You've already decided (in a very non-sour-grape, non-afraid-of-hearing-the-truth etc kind of way) that you will never enter again but if GGG ever announce they need some images for a caption competition you should reconsider. In fact, perhaps ask GGG to open up a caption competition with all the submissions, I have a feeling yours won't be ignored for long after that.

Speaking of constructive criticism, that Aztec Pantheon blew me away and should be used as an inspiration for future leagues. If I could swap the garbled mess we have now for the Aztec version I wouldn't think twice. Oh for the day there are leagified versions of the GUI, especially if they look that sweet.
I wish we could get the Top 5 as shirts supporting you and the artist.

I'd kill for the one from Kardalak_IX with one of izaro's lines on the back. :)
Perception is reality.
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
Occisus wrote:
you're the sour grape cause you can't handle seeing diverse opinions.

That's rich, coming from someone who trash-talks people for not liking his works

Nice try with the "trash-talk" label, but you're off by a mile, it might look like trash-talk to some, but it's not. Did you get offended? Do you want me to buy you a teddy bear?

Still, I won't reply anymore to those things, I'm having too much fun and it might come as too harsh for some.

And taste, should have nothing or little effect on selecting winners for a fan art competition. But hey, don't listen to me, I just had expectations that they would base those picking criterias on proportions, form, composition, color balance, volume, foundation etc. You know, since this is 2018, and we all know "art" that we see on tv or in some museums is just overpriced and marketing gimmicks so they can make money, ofc, not talking about all, just those that are clearly lies.

Am I mad that I did not win? Sure, I am, I got reasons to be. It's like going to a car creating contest and the judges are food chefs.

"
"
Occisus wrote:
"
XigTek wrote:

LOL, maybe edit and blank your previous whine before calling out anyone else. Since you don't need a safe space you won't mind reading that I wouldn't have picked your entries either. The first one is... Zana? The second is "Warrior determined to slice up that wedding cake in the distance".

Ignoring both of someone's entries, in its pure form, is a criticism.

You've already decided (in a very non-sour-grape, non-afraid-of-hearing-the-truth etc kind of way) that you will never enter again but if GGG ever announce they need some images for a caption competition you should reconsider. In fact, perhaps ask GGG to open up a caption competition with all the submissions, I have a feeling yours won't be ignored for long after that.

Speaking of constructive criticism, that Aztec Pantheon blew me away and should be used as an inspiration for future leagues. If I could swap the garbled mess we have now for the Aztec version I wouldn't think twice. Oh for the day there are leagified versions of the GUI, especially if they look that sweet.

See? He gets it, it's not trash-talk, it's more of a whine, sprinkled with criticism and irony and more whining.

As for the "Warrior determined to slice up that wedding cake in the distance." Cracked me up, you're right, it does look like a cake.

The chick, I wanted to make my own version of the witch, but it does resemble Zana now that I look at it.
Last edited by Occisus on Jul 18, 2018, 7:05:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info