Winners of the Path of Exile Fan Art Competition

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Though I agree some awesome ones (like Jugles's, easily one of my top favourites) really did deserve a win when they didn't, it's also easy to forget or tough to imagine how difficult it is to judge an art competition of this scale, and that art is really subjective. Even those of you saying how the competition should be judged based on this or that criteria, you are judging with your own set of preferences (and hopefully not your own illusions/being too full of your own shit). An artwork that evokes a strong emotion with you, may be met with indifference by other people. This IS the beauty of art, isn't it? The experience is different for everyone. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Saying the judges have bad taste is just.. in bad taste.

Heck, with my class of primary school students, it's already bloody tough to give out prizes for art. Feelings are bound to get hurt. Some good ones may not get selected. The problematic ones are those artworks (or anything, really) that people worked hard at and didn't get recognition for, regardless of whether they turned out great or otherwise. The people involved may or may not realise how much the result of their effort pale in comparison with others, but they may get disappointed anyway, then deal with it their own way e.g. claiming unfairness or incompetence of judges, or suck it up and come back stronger. I can only imagine how much more difficult it is for the judges of a competition this large in scale.

I know it's disappointing to not get recognition for your effort, but please have no illusions as to what this competition is (i.e. get creative, go crazy, have fun, and some rep(s) from GGG will select what they like.. it's community engagement). Wishing for more recognition is one thing. Being self-entitled and lashing out at other fellow artists and/or the judges because you didn't get the recognition you think you deserve is simply immature and attention-seeking behaviour. Perhaps being humble, and asking how your own artwork could be improved would be a better way to respond, and you may well walk away a better person and artist.

If art is something one enjoys, and will do anyway, and it's about a game one likes, what is there to lose even if one joins and didn't win? It's no reason to scream "I won't join anymore, hmph!" It's not even like this is speculative design work for GGG (..right? I hope not). It's fan art! Enjoy the process, and show it proudly to the world!

Anyway, the real screw-up here is that GGG's pool of prizes is too small for the pool of talents here. Tsk tsk. GGG underestimates its player-base :p

If you feel like you want to scream at someone or beat something up, here's my decoyboi:

(You may scream at it, or try and punch it through your screen. Because he's the hero Wraeclast deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll sacrifice him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A decoyboi.)

(No illusions about winning, just wanna have fun and hopefully make someone's day better)

Enjoy the art, and have a great day, everyone :)
IGN: Annamelia (Incursion)
Last edited by Krastoff on Jul 18, 2018, 2:41:34 PM
"
Quentz wrote:
Spoiler
"
leafjelly wrote:
I don't want to sound like a needy fuck but I'm just wonder what do people think of my piece? I didn't get any replies on the original forum post and I don't have a huge followering on any social media sites but I do want feedback. I know my lines are thick and its not realism, but that's just my style and I don't strive for a hyperrealism smooth painting style.

Wow dude! How did u not qualify? That's fantastic work. Well done!

ah thanks ;o;! I guess for the same reason as everyone else, all in the same boat for the same reason x3
"
ddaenekas wrote:
Should I have taken a better picture of my piece? =(

I didn't think I would be so devastated.

I think your photo quality was just fine
Nice work, definitely a lot of effort went into these, Wraeclast Got Talent yo.

Lol at the self absorbed butthurting in some of the comments but oh well... can't make everyone happy!
amazing ART-WORK!!!

GZ to all winners
While I'd change the order of those winners, all artwork that won is purely amazing and deserving of being there, truly. I'm taking some to put on my rotation of wallpapers.

Now for the salt...

I'm baffled that my submission was the most upvoted one on reddit, out of all art submissions posted there, with over 2700 upvotes, and I didn't get any sort of recognition here.

Well, never entering any sort of judge-based contest in wich there isn't public vote anymore I guess.
EXP past level 97 is an illusion, exile.
I like the Aztec version of the pantheon. All the art is generally pretty good.

Judging art is always subjective. People pay millions of dollars for a Pollock and I think it looks like something a 2-yeard-old would do.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Jul 18, 2018, 5:38:34 PM
thx :)
Grats to all the winners! ;( a bit sad that my entry on Atziri before the corruption didn't make it into the list.
art looks amazing!
congrats to all the winners
drenched 👌
-----
blue blade flurry mtx plssss
also crystal earth shatter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info