[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

So I decided to make this build my league starter (Xbox btw). I just really have one question. You say don’t run ele hit until you have the combat focus but is Ice shot really going to overperform it dps wise? So far I’m in the middle of act 2 and can’t kill anything without hitting them fifty times lol. I knew it was going to be rough but wow, I just know in the end it will pay off. Another question, what happens if I don’t have the jewels when I reach AoF? Do I just skip that one node and have it ready for when I get them or what? Kinda confused on what to do there, should I be using a diff skill than ele hit and ice shot until then?
"
So I decided to make this build my league starter (Xbox btw). I just really have one question. You say don’t run ele hit until you have the combat focus but is Ice shot really going to overperform it dps wise? So far I’m in the middle of act 2 and can’t kill anything without hitting them fifty times lol. I knew it was going to be rough but wow, I just know in the end it will pay off. Another question, what happens if I don’t have the jewels when I reach AoF? Do I just skip that one node and have it ready for when I get them or what? Kinda confused on what to do there, should I be using a diff skill than ele hit and ice shot until then?

I decided to start leveling this as well. If you don't have the jewels and run Ele Hit with AoF then Ele Hit will only do damage on it's fire cast. The jewels make it so Elemental Hit will only do it's fire cast. Avatar of Fire makes it so you can't do any damage other than fire type. If you don't have the jewels and not running Elemental Hit then it isn't worth taking AoF.

I'm still figuring out the best way to level this. Going to be slow and probably a chore but I imagine it pays off eventually. :)
"
fallensinner wrote:
"

I decided to start leveling this as well. If you don't have the jewels and run Ele Hit with AoF then Ele Hit will only do damage on it's fire cast. The jewels make it so Elemental Hit will only do it's fire cast. Avatar of Fire makes it so you can't do any damage other than fire type. If you don't have the jewels and not running Elemental Hit then it isn't worth taking AoF.

I'm still figuring out the best way to level this. Going to be slow and probably a chore but I imagine it pays off eventually. :)

Just level with Rain of Arrows. Simple.
Leveling without the jewels will be an absolute struggle! You could try and grab elemental equilibrium and use Elemental Hit with the elemental rotation but just use something different!

This is NOT a recommended league starter and functions much better as a 2nd character of the league.
"
thi3n wrote:
Leveling without the jewels will be an absolute struggle! You could try and grab elemental equilibrium and use Elemental Hit with the elemental rotation but just use something different!

This is NOT a recommended league starter and functions much better as a 2nd character of the league.

Agreed. I've found leveling with other skills, up until blood aqueduct, and then change over to Ele hit. Follow the guide after, and you will be fine to and after end game content.
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!
I started the league with this build. I did some test runs last week before the league started and found that Caustic Arrow into Toxic Rain worked okay for me. Scion start is really inefficient, but at least the skill effect duration cluster is nearby. It is important to get a Quill Rain asap for Toxic Rain to be able to stack pods quickly.

This was my levelling tree: http://poeurl.com/cb6D
I think I bought both EH jewels around level 60 and changed then. You will struggle from level 40(?) onwards and it's definitely not HC viable this way.

EDIT: ~150 chaos of fossils and a lucky annul later I am now using a different bow (which I cannot finish because "Prefixes cannot be changed" is bugged...) so I put my original question in spoiler tags before someone puts effort into answering it!

Spoiler

One question for experienced crafters: What would you do with the bow below which I somehow ended up with? Someone told me to multimod it, but from what I understand to get +3 I would have to:
1. Multimod (suffix) - 2 ex
2. Craft "Cannot Roll Attack Mods" (suffix) - 1 ex
3. Craft a third suffix (3 suffixes total)
4. Exalt (guaranteed +1 gems prefix) - 1 ex
5. Remove crafted mods to get rid of "Cannot Roll Attack Mods"
6. Multimod again - 2 ex
7. Craft the remaining 1 prefix and 2 suffixes (there are some really nice veiled mods like 15% penetration etc.)

Would this work? If yes, is there a cheaper way of obtaining +3 + Multimod than the way I outlined? Any advice is appreciated, not that experienced with meta-crafting myself :)
Last edited by Guenselmann on Dec 13, 2018, 9:49:43 PM
Sorry bit of a noob question here, can I use two combat focus cobalts or does it need to be a cobalt and a Viridian? Asking because I just got lucky and got a cobalt for a Vaal orb and I see another cobalt for sale for a chaos that I can snag. I’m only level 22 so if I snag those and I can run 2 cobalts I should be good to go on that end.
"
Sorry bit of a noob question here, can I use two combat focus cobalts or does it need to be a cobalt and a Viridian? Asking because I just got lucky and got a cobalt for a Vaal orb and I see another cobalt for sale for a chaos that I can snag. I’m only level 22 so if I snag those and I can run 2 cobalts I should be good to go on that end.

Using two Cobalt's won't work. The purpose of the jewels is to block the non-fire damage elements from being chosen by ele hit, so you need one to block cold and one to block lightning.

You will need one each of Combat Focus Viridian Jewel and Combat Focus Crimson Jewel
what do you guys think is better given the choice between fire damage + ignite chance or penetrates elemental resistance for single target damage
Rip I’m an idiot than, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info