[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

Guys im kinda confused as this is my first bow build and have just got back after 2 leagues. This is my 2nd character of this league and I have a few questions. I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions regarding this build.

1. If I go frostferno does that mean I wont need a 6L bow? and if I go frostferno would that require me to change anything regarding jewels(the combat focus jewels)/tree/gems, etc?

2. If Im looking for a 6l +3 bow, which base do I go? is it Shortbow, Thicket bow or Imperial bow and what ilvl should they be? I've read about it but it seems like there is so much info im getting confused, on reddit people say dont get a ilvl higher than 64 so it can blocks some mods while on PoE forums they say get the highest ilvl bow. I'm just so confused with the conflicting suggestions :(.

3. If im looking to do both bossing and mapping + party play, would a +3 rare bow be better or should I look to buy a chin sol 6L and stick with that? or is chin-sol mostly just for ST?

4. lastly, in what order should I be looking to upgrade my gear? Is it
1. 6L/frostferno
2. Yokes amulet
3. Koams
4. Corrupt point blank quiver

Thank you for taking your time to read all this and I really appreciate all the advice and help!

"
Chaavy wrote:
Guys im kinda confused as this is my first bow build and have just got back after 2 leagues. This is my 2nd character of this league and I have a few questions. I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions regarding this build.

1. If I go frostferno does that mean I wont need a 6L bow? and if I go frostferno would that require me to change anything regarding jewels(the combat focus jewels)/tree/gems, etc?

2. If Im looking for a 6l +3 bow, which base do I go? is it Shortbow, Thicket bow or Imperial bow and what ilvl should they be? I've read about it but it seems like there is so much info im getting confused, on reddit people say dont get a ilvl higher than 64 so it can blocks some mods while on PoE forums they say get the highest ilvl bow. I'm just so confused with the conflicting suggestions :(.

3. If im looking to do both bossing and mapping + party play, would a +3 rare bow be better or should I look to buy a chin sol 6L and stick with that? or is chin-sol mostly just for ST?

1. 6L/frostferno
2. Yokes amulet
3. Koams

Thank you for taking your time to read all this and I really appreciate all the advice and help!

If im not wrong the Frostferno ele hit gem setup is for Single target, notice the lack of GMP and mirage archer.

for #2. if you want to craft a +3 bow its need to be ilvl64-75, using a ilvl83 bow open the flat chaos damage prefix, you can check the fossil combo here https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Bow

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. Doing a slayer/elementalist as a second char this league, was awesome to level when I started using elemental hit and it seems it is going to be quite safe and solid (5k+ life at level 70).

Interested in the ''most important upgrades'' too, I went for Kaom for durability after a 6l personally. Will probably focus on nice boots and crafting those +3 levels now.
Quick question... at what point is it safe to grab the Blood Magic passive. I’m currently lvl 59 have both jewels, call of brotherhood/ pyre and about to do my cruel lab to grab slayer. Would it be safe to start grabbing blood magic at this point? I’m 3 points away from Vaal pact and 1 point away from blood magic as well. Thanks
I would grab BM and VP at the same time. I personally didn't think to go VP until after labs, unless you have a ton of life on gear. Running a blasphemy + flammability or curse on hit setup is very, very powerful.
"
Clerigon wrote:
"
Chaavy wrote:

1. 6L/frostferno
2. Yokes amulet
3. Koams

If im not wrong the Frostferno ele hit gem setup is for Single target, notice the lack of GMP and mirage archer.

for #2. if you want to craft a +3 bow its need to be ilvl64-75, using a ilvl83 bow open the flat chaos damage prefix, you can check the fossil combo here https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Bow

thank you for taking the time to reply. But what base do I use? do I use a short bow, imperial bow or thicket bow?

and so basically if im not wrong it will be a 6L bow(for clear) + frostferno(for singletarget) in the same armor set right? as in like equip them all together.

"
HeavyBurden wrote:
I would grab BM and VP at the same time. I personally didn't think to go VP until after labs, unless you have a ton of life on gear. Running a blasphemy + flammability or curse on hit setup is very, very powerful.

Cool thanks, yeah I’m sitting at about 3k life right now. Would that be sufficient? If so I’ll start working my way to VP only 3 points away. Thanks I’ll grab BM and VP at the same time
Last edited by xl_AlbaTr0ss_lx on Dec 16, 2018, 2:39:30 PM
How about a level 4 Empower in 6 link setup? Which gem I put out in this case?

Can someone help me out here? Just made the switch to VP and BM and threw on my CWDT (lvl 1) + Blood rage (lvl7) + immortal call (lvl3) setup. While my leeching is great and in fights with many enemies I can sustain the health just fine but at times my CWDT setup procs just as the fight is ending and there are no more enemies to leach from. Check out the vid below.....is this just a down side to running this type of setup?

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Apykx9WXFId3hHqAZoVU-fmeCbkE

I’m only level 60ish at the moment so I still need to ramp my Heath a bit and get some gear but the build has been great thus far.
Last edited by xl_AlbaTr0ss_lx on Dec 16, 2018, 8:16:51 PM
I feel like I've gotten to a point where I have pretty solid gear for the build but I feel like the single target is lacking quite substantially (took me forever to kill shaper). Can someone look at my profile and let me know what I'm missing gear wise to get me to the point where I can go to uber elder? Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info