[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

Been speed mapping t15s and t16s using a Serker variant to this build (just to switch it up)

serker gets an extra 7th link (40% more) and movespeed from rage, while getting free savage hit dmg boosts when CWDT procs (do the math to have your CWDT be 15% of max hp)

feels really solid so far, t15s are ez mode and t16 burials are smooth as butter

cheap (ish) gear aswell! porc bow + generic kaoms/mf setup

thanks again @thi3n!
Did some quick PoB testing of Offering to the Serpent and as a Chieftain/Pathfinder pathing to the ranger start I ended up losing culling strike, ~350 hp, and one passive point but gaining ~8k dps, the covered in ash slow, and 50 ES without factoring in the implicits from synthesizing the item. Seems totally viable to me.

Possible fun implicits include 5% attack speed, flat life, % life, and % fire damage, unless someone can somehow find a way to reach the thresholds for Flammability on hit or Ele Weakness on hit.

EDIT: Had a thought and another quick round of PoB showed the Champion Ascendancy node adding ~60k dps and losing ~300 hp and culling strike (which makes it pretty much a wash). Seems like Tombfists are still the best choice because abyss jewels are OP, but Offering to the Serpent comes close enough that the difference is essentially just the flat life on the jewels.

This seems like it makes just about any other ascendancy a real option if you value the utility provided by that ascendancy over the raw power of culling strike, tombfists, and duelist pathing.
Last edited by TheRabbler on Mar 23, 2019, 3:45:31 AM
Answered!
Last edited by shinylikeyou on Mar 24, 2019, 3:28:11 PM
Good evening everyone! I'm really enjoying the Ascendant version of this build, but I'm looking for some guidance on recommended next items to acquire.

Here's my gear so far:
Spoiler

What do you suggest as the gear progression? I can level/trade for the level 20 gems easy enough, but can't decide if Yoke of Suffering or a better ring, or upgrading to a +gem level bow will be most effective/efficient use of currency.

Thanks for your time!
Last edited by mans0011 on Mar 24, 2019, 9:38:55 PM
"
mans0011 wrote:

What do you suggest as the gear progression? I can level/trade for the level 20 gems easy enough, but can't decide if Yoke of Suffering or a better ring, or upgrading to a +gem level bow will be most effective/efficient use of currency.

From all POB Testing and Theory Crafting I have come up with the Empower + + Gem Level Bow comes out as the higher DPS in almost all cases. I am kind of new to the game, I played POE when it first came out and have just came back.

I am playing this build am Only lvl 47 but Just bought this bow for a Bargain Price.

and can use it in 4 levels, Cant wait, My DPS at lvl 47 is already 3.1K.

The issue I see with this build is probably going to be the Life Leech part.
Last edited by adema2k on Mar 25, 2019, 3:25:14 AM
"
I am playing this build am Only lvl 47 but Just bought this bow for a Bargain Price.

That bow is sick! You said a bargain, how much should I expect to pay for a + skill level bow? Thanks for your feedback btw.
You can get a +2 for under 1 Ex if you look hard enough, I paid 1.5 Ex for mine but it is +3, +4 start to get very very expansive.
Instead of buying a mediocre +gem bow for 1ex, invest it in fossils and you should get something better than only +2 gem level bow.
what about Hearth of Flame???
"
Did some quick PoB testing of Offering to the Serpent and as a Chieftain/Pathfinder pathing to the ranger start I ended up losing culling strike, ~350 hp, and one passive point but gaining ~8k dps, the covered in ash slow, and 50 ES without factoring in the implicits from synthesizing the item. Seems totally viable to me.

Possible fun implicits include 5% attack speed, flat life, % life, and % fire damage, unless someone can somehow find a way to reach the thresholds for Flammability on hit or Ele Weakness on hit.

EDIT: Had a thought and another quick round of PoB showed the Champion Ascendancy node adding ~60k dps and losing ~300 hp and culling strike (which makes it pretty much a wash). Seems like Tombfists are still the best choice because abyss jewels are OP, but Offering to the Serpent comes close enough that the difference is essentially just the flat life on the jewels.

This seems like it makes just about any other ascendancy a real option if you value the utility provided by that ascendancy over the raw power of culling strike, tombfists, and duelist pathing.
AWESOME! I was really hoping someone would try a variant with the new gloves. Chieftan/Elementalist being top candidates.

"
what about Hearth of Flame???
Go for it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info