Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

Been playing minion army variant for a while but spectres deal next to no damage (using frost auto scout).

This is the first time a summoner build felt lacking in damage for me. I know my gear is quite trash but wasn't the strong point of summoners that the dmg comes from gems and levels rather than gear?

Level 25 Spectre, Level 25 VSS, and t10 map bosses take 2 minutes to kill...
Question: Spectres and Zombies dying, mostly to things like Al-Hezmin Degen, but also just happens sometimes, what might I do? I've got all the defensive passives from the Minion Army guide, my gem level is only 22, was waiting to level a 21/20%. Short of swapping to the terrible boots of Ullr I'm not sure how to get minion levels cheaply, they tend to cost several ex, and while I can trade at that level, it's a lot of farming for a meh item giving only one or two important stats.

So I could use some advice. I'm doing fine, my spectre damage is low against bosses but the skeletons more than make up for it and I do up to t12 almost effortlessly. I'm nearly unkillable, which I think is why I'm pushing content killing my minions. Anyone have any advice or am I basically just stuck on gem levels now? Of course my zombies die sometimes too, especially to degen they won't get out of. Slowing my down.

Doing great compared to my usual though. Also grats on most popular guide!
"
Gykki wrote:
You attack with Armageddon brand for the Hextouch/frostbite & activating EE for fire and cold from the added cold 1-2. Might have that wrong with attacks/spells, just following the rule never use "added cold".

this rule only work with "to spells" if u use brand(spell) and do not use attack
"
MillenniumDH wrote:

Been playing minion army variant for a while but spectres deal next to no damage (using frost auto scout).

This is the first time a summoner build felt lacking in damage for me. I know my gear is quite trash but wasn't the strong point of summoners that the dmg comes from gems and levels rather than gear?

Watch Kay's minion army video guide it covers 3.15 changes, also read the first comment she posted about Controlled destruction and FAS.

tldr; use Controlled Destruction instead of Elemental Focus for FAS, and swap GMP for Hypothermia when fighting single target. You also didn't take EE which your Armageddon brand would activate lowering mob cold resists another 50%.
"
Gykki wrote:
"
MillenniumDH wrote:

Watch Kay's minion army video guide it covers 3.15 changes, also read the first comment she posted about Controlled destruction and FAS.

tldr; use Controlled Destruction instead of Elemental Focus for FAS, and swap GMP for Hypothermia when fighting single target. You also didn't take EE which your Armageddon brand would activate lowering mob cold resists another 50%.

I am not talking about boss single target only, with GMP even rares take ages to kill in t10 maps.

I cannot do any content with it, like, Heist mobs just don't die for example. And this is level 25 Raise Spectre. Not like I'm running some level 16 spectre straight out of act 10.
Last edited by MillenniumDH on Jul 29, 2021, 4:44:10 PM
"
MillenniumDH wrote:
"
Gykki wrote:
"
MillenniumDH wrote:

I am not talking about boss single target only, with GMP even rares take ages to kill in t10 maps.

I cannot do any content with it, like, Heist mobs just don't die for example. And this is level 25 Raise Spectre. Not like I'm running some level 16 spectre straight out of act 10.

I kinda too feel like damage is lacking a bit.
I think these are the consequences of damage nerfs.
You need the real endgame gear now to do t16 fast.
"
kebal wrote:
I think these are the consequences of damage nerfs.
You need the real endgame gear now to do t16 fast.

I'm thinking of switching to Primal Crushclaws once I get a 6L +1 Raise Spectre chest, clear speed be damned.

I wonder if I will have to change build too much though.
Last edited by MillenniumDH on Jul 29, 2021, 5:17:53 PM
I'm pretty sure we can get around this... Just need some tweaking and more gear, maybe cluster jewels are mandatory.
Hi all,

thanks for the guide.
I do have one question.

I actually play the Dead Reckoning Skele Mages.
Unfortunately i dont have an up2date and good guide for it. most of the youtube-Videos are very different to each other so im quite unsure.

So I tried to give Frost Auto_Scout Spectres a chance.

While testing it very short... i felt that the Skele-Mages are WAY better in dmg and Clearspeed.

Hope to get a proper answer and sorry for this noobish question... :)

BR

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info