[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
Ardko1987 wrote:
Hello There :)
First of all, thank you for well written and detailed guide.
I'm playing this build as my starter and currently it's doing great, lvl 52 atm. I have some concerns:

1) Why 4% inc ele dmg is better than 10% chance to ignite, schock and freeze? I mean two passives required for Primeval Force? Shouldn't MS proc those shocks for extra dmg?

2) Do I need to take extra two frenzy charges or will I be able to make it with basic 3 when it goes to flicker strike?

3) How much crit chance should I have more or less, overall to make Elemental Overload valid?

Thanks in advance for answers and sorry for my english if anything :)

Your shocks won’t work because you deal little to no lightning damage unless you equip a three dragons helm.
"
Ardko1987 wrote:
Hello There :)
First of all, thank you for well written and detailed guide.
I'm playing this build as my starter and currently it's doing great, lvl 52 atm. I have some concerns:

1) Why 4% inc ele dmg is better than 10% chance to ignite, schock and freeze? I mean two passives required for Primeval Force? Shouldn't MS proc those shocks for extra dmg?

2) Do I need to take extra two frenzy charges or will I be able to make it with basic 3 when it goes to flicker strike?

3) How much crit chance should I have more or less, overall to make Elemental Overload valid?

Thanks in advance for answers and sorry for my english if anything :)

Hey Ard!

1) Only lightning damage can shock and only cold damage can freeze - we only do fire damage. There are a few Uniques and passives which break these rules but we don't use any of them. Our chance to ignite is already so high (87% chance to ignite) that the 4% increased damage beats the 10% chance to ignite.

2) Flicker can be maintained with just 3 charges - Flicker strike gets bonus damage from the amount of frenzy charges currently active though so it is very beneficial to get more charges.

The extra frenzy charges also greatly increase molten strike damage.

3) 10% crit chance felt good to me. This ends up being around +125% increased critical strike chance from gear, passives and skills. Ice golem + starkonjas + passives gives 75% so we really only need about +50% from gear.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Hello again. I really like to play this build, but I am faced with the problem of survival. Having almost 6k life, I die from bosses on T12 + cards. What am I doing wrong? Is there a problem with my gear?
"
1) Only lightning damage can shock and only cold damage can freeze - we only do fire damage. There are a few Uniques and passives which break these rules but we don't use any of them. Our chance to ignite is already so high (87% chance to ignite) that the 4% increased damage beats the 10% chance to ignite.

Thanks for clarification, it makes perfect sense, next time I'll check poe.wiki instead of asking noob questions ;)

"
2) Flicker can be maintained with just 3 charges - Flicker strike gets bonus damage from the amount of frenzy charges currently active though so it is very beneficial to get more charges.

The extra frenzy charges also greatly increase molten strike damage.

Ok that also makes alot of sense due to 10% increased attack speed per frenzy charge for flicker strike alone + bonus for MS and overall bonus from charges.

"
3) 10% crit chance felt good to me. This ends up being around +125% increased critical strike chance from gear, passives and skills. Ice golem + starkonjas + passives gives 75% so we really only need about +50% from gear.

From what i read, crits are rolled every time you use a skill, even the crit sound indicates it, 10% makes every tenth use of a skill to make all 3 attacks (multistrike) proc crits on average (not considering mobs chances to evade etc.) so I hope that 10% or a bit more crit chance will be sufficient for elemental overload to activate often enough.
Last edited by Ardko1987 on Mar 18, 2019, 7:39:18 AM
What about this body?

Looks like huge dps booster fo flicker.
"
yltor wrote:
Hello again. I really like to play this build, but I am faced with the problem of survival. Having almost 6k life, I die from bosses on T12 + cards. What am I doing wrong? Is there a problem with my gear?

Overall HP looks good, here's some things to increase survivability:

1) Cap cold resist - Even though you're only 9% under capped this is still 36% more cold damage being taken then the game is balanced around.

2) 4th endurance charge passive - more phys mitigation and a longer immortal call

3) Basalt flask with the chemist mod - at 23% reduced and above gives 2 uses of the flask instead of one, great for boss fights.

4) CWDT + immortal call gems are too high level. This means that you need to take a lot of damage for immortal call to activate, which isn't ideal. The recommended levels for these are level 14 for CWDT and level 16 for immortal call.

5) Gem setups were updated for 3.6 - Blood rage + Enhance gems are no longer used - Wave of Conviction + Vaal Grace replace them. I only realized now that the POB links have not been updated, my bad.

"
Ardko1987 wrote:
From what i read, crits are rolled every time you use a skill, even the crit sound indicates it, 10% makes every tenth use of a skill to make all 3 attacks (multistrike) proc crits on average (not considering mobs chances to evade etc.) so I hope that 10% or a bit more crit chance will be sufficient for elemental overload to activate often enough.

Yup this is exactly how it works.

"
Lamurchik wrote:
What about this body?

Looks like huge dps booster fo flicker.

Big damage but low defenses.

If you're planning on using it just be aware that it's going to be really hard to roll the correct socket colors. Consider swapping the ruthless support for a faster attacks support just so it's a bit easier to color.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
What about Doedre's Scorn?

+2 level flammability, +2 level enfeeble, 20% ele damage and up to 40% increased damage with hits and ignite

Seems quite good, do lose out on any HP
Last edited by evolite on Mar 19, 2019, 3:55:21 AM
Really amazing build and well written guide, I got to shaper in betrayal when I just started the game with this build and had tons of fun.

Now in synthesis, I've made it past shaper in less than 4days of league start, and is able to do most content. This definitely feels like a league start viable build although Oro's will cost a little more on day 1.

Right now I'm having trouble with Uber Elder, unable to go past 50% of their health in several tries. Is it possible for you to look at my character and give me some suggestions working towards killing Uber Elder? I've about 20ex to spare to min max this build but I'm not too sure of where to begin
"
PhrostFire wrote:
Really amazing build and well written guide, I got to shaper in betrayal when I just started the game with this build and had tons of fun.

Now in synthesis, I've made it past shaper in less than 4days of league start, and is able to do most content. This definitely feels like a league start viable build although Oro's will cost a little more on day 1.

Right now I'm having trouble with Uber Elder, unable to go past 50% of their health in several tries. Is it possible for you to look at my character and give me some suggestions working towards killing Uber Elder? I've about 20ex to spare to min max this build but I'm not too sure of where to begin

Why do you have 20ex to spare and no 6link? It's obviously HUGE damage boost...
Is it okay if I rush for Point Blank by level 40 instead of whatever the skill tree depicted?
Furthermore, I seem to be lacking a point or two here and there, but hopefully that works out eventually.
Also, how adjustable is this build before it doesn't work very well? What if I wanted to go for even more DPS?
And what armor should I be looking out for while I level? Is evasion what I'm looking for or Energy and/or Armor, since I see that I gotta hook up on Acrobatics at some point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info