[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

How do you have so much life leech? I found only 1 node for leech but you have 1500 life leech and still 700 without it.

Where is my biggest upgrade at next? Assuming it would be going broke on +1 curse impresence vaaling to free up 5 points? I have a pen anger and the meeks as well
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
"
Crimpingblow wrote:
May use the shroud as a pseudo 6L until I can get the belly running, and if I go that route which of the two main skills would benefit more from the level 20 ele pen? My initial thought would be the molten strike and in that case I assume I would drop ruthless?

Once again thanks for the guide and detailed responses!

Yup put molten strike into the shroud - Molten strike - Weapon elemental damage support - Multistrike - Combustion - Concentrated effect

"
bastimars wrote:
I was wondering if it was possible to use Volkuur's Guidance Zealot Gloves. Or is it not worth it?
Would it help?

Without scaling poison or chance to poison it wouldn't be good.

"
snj12341 wrote:
How do you have so much life leech? I found only 1 node for leech but you have 1500 life leech and still 700 without it.

From way earlier in the thread:

Spoiler
Life

Life leech is capped at 1/5th of our total life recovered per second, and we do enough damage to hit that leech cap even with only 0.4% life leech.

For example if a player had 6000 hp, their leech cap would be 1200 life recovered / second (6000/5=1200).

Since multiple instances of leech stack with each other, we would need a total of 300,000 dps to hit that cap (Leech cap / our % leech, or 1200/0.004 = 300,000). Both flicker and molten strike easily reach those dps levels even with poor gear, so any additional % leech we have would be effectively useless.

Even if we went up to 2% leech, we would still find ourselves stuck at the cap of 1200 life / second. We would, however, be able to hit the cap with lower levels of damage.

The only way to break that soft cap of 1/5th of our life leeched per second would be to pick up passives or uniques which increase the maximum leech rate, such as the passive "vitality void" right above the 0.4% leech passive. This would increase our leech rate from 20% to 23%, boosting our life leech to around 1400 from 1200 (6000/4.34=1382).

Also the reason why some leech remains even when the passive point is taken off is because of Atziri's promise giving leech.

The leech ends up looking so high due to getting mingled with two other things:
1) Just basic hp regen - 6.4% while moving and 8.4% while standing still because of pantheon.
2) Life flask recovery rate being juiced up from both belly of the beast and the Herbalism passive point. With those two bonuses the life flask ends up giving over 1000hp/sec even with the panicked mod.

Add all these effects together and the recovery rate is higher than 3000hp/sec.

"
Where is my biggest upgrade at next? Assuming it would be going broke on +1 curse impresence vaaling to free up 5 points? I have a pen anger and the meeks as well

There's still a few small upgrades that will end up making a noticeable difference:

- Perfect wise oak and perfect Atziri's promise (for elemental damage) = 1.5% more damage.
- Oro's sacrifice roll is above average but could be a lot better (currently only top 35% roll). To put things in perspective a perfect Oro's would be 4% more damage.
- Rare abyss jewels could be upgraded to better ones. Just adding a third damage mod would grant roughly 3% more damage per rare jewel. Going to send you a PM with the one's I see on poe.trade so nobody snipes them from you.

Attack speed on gloves would help a lot too, even just a 12% roll would be 5% more damage. I know how annoying messing with the resists are though so this one up to you. These things seem small but since they are multiplicative with each other it ends up being big.

Not sure if going for +1 curse would be a good choice since you'd be looking at potentially hundreds of exalts before it gets hit. Might be better to keep your eyes out for these - they will begin to appear in the next few weeks:

- Loreweave with +40-50% damage corruption implicit (~9% more damage)
- Anger watcher's eye with both % increased fire damage and % ele pen (~9% more damage)
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
hey dude i have problem with my mana the flicker strike cost like 53 mana and my mana at 63 90% reserved from 632 mana can you check my profile and see what i did wrong my current issue is the mana i would love some tips to get around it thx

BawwyxD
And if i use essense worm + anger, put 2 curses on CWDT or only one after get the amulet and go blood magic? Maybe a good option on hardcore?
Last edited by marcospin on Dec 17, 2018, 9:12:16 AM
Hey wanted to drop in again and say I've hit maps and am comfortably doing t7s at level 73, the build is a blast to play. Outside of some high damage spikes and deaths to learning the build a bit (was running out of Mana then realized I had a sapping life flask.. Whoops)

Wondering what I should focus on upgrading next (character is THICCFLICCC). I imagine that my rings or belt but I'm sure you'll see something I don't. I crafted my chest following your guide for the meantime until I can 6L my belly. The belt I'm actively trying to roll with fossils.

Also, how big is getting champion from Merc lab? I realized last night I had started mapping and totally forgot to get that done so wondered if that could've been contributing to the spikier damage intake

Thanks again!
I'm in a similar boat as some people here, chose this as my league starter and I'm currently pushing t13-15 maps and trying to figure out which upgrades i should get next, outside of the expensive ones like 6l oro and belly or might of the Meeks and watchers eyes. Currently stuck on a 5L belly and a 4L oro. Got a pair of perfect boots last night just need to roll the colors before I can wear them. I currently have about 1.2ex in currency because my luck with drops has been terrible for my first league

So far the build has been a blast to play but one issue I'm having is that I will stop flickering randomly and I'm not sure if that's to server lag or what. Also the random one shots are annoying but that seems to e the theme of this league
Last edited by Djinn4353 on Dec 17, 2018, 10:47:25 AM
Thoughts on Mokou's Embrace?
"
iconxxx wrote:
hey dude i have problem with my mana the flicker strike cost like 53 mana and my mana at 63 90% reserved from 632 mana can you check my profile and see what i did wrong my current issue is the mana i would love some tips to get around it thx

BawwyxD

Looks good now, should smooth over with the Quick recovery passive. If still problems pick up mana flows until higher level.

"
marcospin wrote:
And if i use essense worm + anger, put 2 curses on CWDT or only one after get the amulet and go blood magic? Maybe a good option on hardcore?

Doesn't seem worth it - there is currently very little passive points investment into mana regeneration to keep flicker going.

Going that route feels like taking a more costly way to solve a problem the build has already adressed.

"
Crimpingblow wrote:
Hey wanted to drop in again and say I've hit maps and am comfortably doing t7s at level 73, the build is a blast to play. Outside of some high damage spikes and deaths to learning the build a bit (was running out of Mana then realized I had a sapping life flask.. Whoops)

Wondering what I should focus on upgrading next (character is THICCFLICCC). I imagine that my rings or belt but I'm sure you'll see something I don't. I crafted my chest following your guide for the meantime until I can 6L my belly. The belt I'm actively trying to roll with fossils.

Also, how big is getting champion from Merc lab? I realized last night I had started mapping and totally forgot to get that done so wondered if that could've been contributing to the spikier damage intake

Thanks again!

Gear looks really good for 73, big upgrade would be anger watcher's eye. It's pretty cheap for the power it gives.

Getting the champion ascendancy is huge, it's a 20% reduction of damage from all hits (spells and physical) as well as a 1.2x more damage for you (taunt + intimidate).

"
Djinn4353 wrote:
Currently stuck on a 5L belly and a 4L oro. Got a pair of perfect boots last night just need to roll the colors before I can wear them. I currently have about 1.2ex in currency because my luck with drops has been terrible for my first league

So far the build has been a blast to play but one issue I'm having is that I will stop flickering randomly and I'm not sure if that's to server lag or what. Also the random one shots are annoying but that seems to e the theme of this league

Hard to say with profile on private but any 6 link will help tremendously. It may be worth it buying a rare 6 link chest and waiting until you can buy a 6 link belly.

Flicker may have some difficulty in maps with "enemies have a % chance to avoid ailments". If we don't ignite we can't generate frenzies. It is possible to get around this though with blood rage (since it gives frenzies on kill), but only if damage is high enough to one shot most enemies.

"
Mantux31 wrote:
Thoughts on Mokou's Embrace?

Doesn't seem good as the trade offs to make it work (using other uniques to ignite self) would be too big.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
Hard to say with profile on private but any 6 link will help tremendously. It may be worth it buying a rare 6 link chest and waiting until you can buy a 6 link belly.

Flicker may have some difficulty in maps with "enemies have a % chance to avoid ailments". If we don't ignite we can't generate frenzies. It is possible to get around this though with blood rage (since it gives frenzies on kill), but only if damage is high enough to one shot most enemies.

I think i made my profile public any critiques would be amazing
Last edited by Djinn4353 on Dec 17, 2018, 12:57:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info