[3.15]Fire&Flamethrower Traps Saboteur/Strongest Combo in the Game/League starter+Boss farmer

"

Dexterity requirement and attack speed is the only things you care.Some bows require lots of dex which you don't have normally so be careful about that.

I overlooked the dex requirement, thanks for the reminder.
I went for a decimation bow in the end since I use flame dash, not very lucky with the essence of woe but it will do for now.

I can't believe how powerful this build is against bosses, really impressive.
Just to update you with my gear for now :)

Currently i can do everything except uber elder, that ground drains my hp a lot :/

Next thing i guess is better bow :)

Thanks for creating such a nice build, it was really fun playing it.
Well commenting back after saying I would. I've played this build from the start of the league until now. It is indeed a fantastic boss killer. Very powerful and what I love is that it's not really meta so no crazy pricing on gear. For the first time ever, I was able to kill Uber Atziri with this build.

Here is my gear for reference

Spoiler

The only thing that doesn't feel quite right is the movement speed of the character funny enough. I'm not really a zoom zoom player so it's not that, it's just for this kind of hit and run/dodge char, it just feels a little slow in my opinion. Other than that, it's been a blast and I recommend anyone else to try it :)
"
KittiesGoMew wrote:
Well commenting back after saying I would. I've played this build from the start of the league until now. It is indeed a fantastic boss killer. Very powerful and what I love is that it's not really meta so no crazy pricing on gear. For the first time ever, I was able to kill Uber Atziri with this build.

Here is my gear for reference

Spoiler

The only thing that doesn't feel quite right is the movement speed of the character funny enough. I'm not really a zoom zoom player so it's not that, it's just for this kind of hit and run/dodge char, it just feels a little slow in my opinion. Other than that, it's been a blast and I recommend anyone else to try it :)

Glad you enjoyed it :) It is definitely not the fastest trap build but it gets the job done even on budget gear.For future reference, a high aps weapon+shield might be faster with shield charge.And using a helm with "Conc Effect" in it.Even a 5link flamethrower is enough to do everything reliably.
Hello, I have a question I hope you can answer.

There is a new node, over on the right that applies +minion damage to the player. It is called spiritual aid.

It is 6 nodes away from your build.

My question is does the +damage bonus you get affect your traps? I think it should (it effects spells and counts as a plain +damage buff which should affect traps).

If it does, would switching to taking that node instead of Hasty reconstruction be a good idea? It's 5 nodes out of the way, so 1 extra node used.

The difference in damage bonus would be fairly large and it opens up other damage bonuses as well (not to mention boosting any minions significantly as well.

Getting Hasty gives you 20 int, 44 trap damage and 15% trap cooldown speed for 5 nodes.

Getting Spiritual aid nets you 64% increased damage (would work on non-traps as well if that matters), 10 int, and 1% life regenerated per second (and accuracy which I don't think matters. It also gives minions more max life and 1% life regen and alot of accuracy.

Depending on how the +damage mod affects burning ground damage, it might let you take a few other minion nodes as well (instead of trap damage/fire damage) and pump up minions a bit more so they might survive a bit as distractions.

Sorry if this was answered somewhere, I tried to skim through it all but I may have missed something.
"
wolfy42 wrote:
Hello, I have a question I hope you can answer.

There is a new node, over on the right that applies +minion damage to the player. It is called spiritual aid.

It is 6 nodes away from your build.

My question is does the +damage bonus you get affect your traps? I think it should (it effects spells and counts as a plain +damage buff which should affect traps).

If it does, would switching to taking that node instead of Hasty reconstruction be a good idea? It's 5 nodes out of the way, so 1 extra node used.

The difference in damage bonus would be fairly large and it opens up other damage bonuses as well (not to mention boosting any minions significantly as well.

Getting Hasty gives you 20 int, 44 trap damage and 15% trap cooldown speed for 5 nodes.

Getting Spiritual aid nets you 64% increased damage (would work on non-traps as well if that matters), 10 int, and 1% life regenerated per second (and accuracy which I don't think matters. It also gives minions more max life and 1% life regen and alot of accuracy.

Depending on how the +damage mod affects burning ground damage, it might let you take a few other minion nodes as well (instead of trap damage/fire damage) and pump up minions a bit more so they might survive a bit as distractions.

Sorry if this was answered somewhere, I tried to skim through it all but I may have missed something.

Spiritual aid wasn't in the game when i first made the build so i couldn't consider it at that time.It is indeed provides more damage and also a little regen etc. but you spend more points so i don't know what you are planning to drop to get those.Damage isn't an issue for this build so that extra won't make any difference.Also if you are planning on killing shaper,uber elder that kind of stuff,the cooldown you get from hasty reconstruction is very helpful for flamethrower traps.You also need to drop the %4 reserve reduce so that means you can't use a Watcher's Eye with purity for more mitigation.Finally you mention about minion's survivalability, that won't be needed at all.Maybe you are using a golem but that's it,it will die eventually on red maps and bosses so they are basically useless.When they are alive,they took so much unintented aggro and causes monsters to start attacking without you even being there which results in unwanted damage taken.I personally never use a golem and i don't recommend it to anyone unless you are playing minion build ofcourse.
Last edited by soulsofblack93 on Jan 3, 2019, 7:51:38 AM

So, here is what I've got for a weapon and a quiver. Could you elaborate if it is sufficient to attain your shown DPS?
"
Logined wrote:

So, here is what I've got for a weapon and a quiver. Could you elaborate if it is sufficient to attain your shown DPS?

Those kind of bows only boost a single spell so if you want to focus on one,then it is a very big damage boost.But this way the other skill that is linked on your chest loses a LOT of damage so keep that in mind.You can still do everything in the game with that bow so don't worry about it too much.It is just a preference.Quiver seems ok.You can aim for higher stats(crit chance and multi).
Hello!
i have a question..
why wear a bow? He does not give an increase to damage at all
Spoiler

What am I doing wrong with a bow? and what is its use in this build?
Thx
Last edited by Volvette1991 on Jan 6, 2019, 6:17:00 PM
"
Volvette1991 wrote:
Hello!
i have a question..
why wear a bow? He does not give an increase to damage at all
Spoiler

What am I doing wrong with a bow? and what is its use in this build?
Thx

Because that bow isn't crafted with essence of woe.Read the gear section for details.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info