[3.15]Fire&Flamethrower Traps Saboteur/Strongest Combo in the Game/League starter+Boss farmer

Love the build! Thanks for taking the time to compile this beautiful build in one place.

As a new convert to traps I have a quick question. I know that Agnostic MoM Scion Ascendant Miners just became a lot more popular these last few days. My question is are we able to go Saboteur instead of Ascendant and what the pros/cons are according to you. It feels like we lose a decent bit of tankiness thanks to the Guardian Ascendant nodes, but do we have a reason to go MoM Agnostic as a pure Sab? Strictly speaking Flamethrower Traps.

Edit: That barely makes sense ^^ not my day.
Last edited by o7j on Feb 5, 2021, 1:09:42 PM
Finished my first char this league and have around 200exa to invest, really want to give this build a go and see how it can work out if you put some currency into it. Right now I´m trying to figure out what gear to craft, since the gear-section is extremely budget oriented. There is quite some nice stuff we can do, for example elder-warlord helmets for +1 powercharge, lvl 25 conc effect and -9 fire res to the enemy, turning the fire traps into a 6.5-link with the essence-suffix.

I´ll probably put this into a pob and would be happy if you can check it. Will go Scion though, since I definately want this char to be viable for really endgame.
I have been trying the Scion version and around T11-12 maps I start feeling really squishy. Even when I am staying away from mobs and progressing slowly (which really slows down map speed) I sometimes get melted in less than a second. Just wondering if I am missing something or I need to change my play style. Here is my current gear, I am still missing the unnatural instinct jewel in the tree but that is it. This is my first trap build and it has been fun so thank you for putting this guide together!
Thinking of picking this build up as a second character. How well does it handle:

- Simulacrum?
- 100% Delirious maps?
- Maven?
- Alch'd Elder Guardians?
- lvl83 Heists?
- Deep Delving?
Sorry for my English, I just wanted to comment on how happy I am with this build.
I had never tried a build with such brutal damage with a not very high investment, the survival despite not being outstanding is much more than acceptable.
I look forward to an update with a more expensive upgrade.

Really good job man!
Divergent Berserk is 8ex on trading sites, even for level 1. Is there any way for this build to avoid that and use something else? Doesn't seem like a league starter if you have to sink 8ex into a single gem to make the build work.

"
Divergent Berserk is 8ex on trading sites, even for level 1. Is there any way for this build to avoid that and use something else? Doesn't seem like a league starter if you have to sink 8ex into a single gem to make the build work.

You don´t need divergent berserk for the build to work.
Hey there,

I'm planning to start with this build in 3.14, as long as no big nerfs hit, or arc won't get a really nice buff :D. Since it will be my first time to start with a trap build, do you think it is possible to pull off a start with the ascendant version? I like the fact, that it has more defenses which might be useful for the league mechanic and i don't want to make 2 of the same characters.
Ssf league start viable?
Can this build work for ice trap ?
Last edited by MochaButt on Apr 17, 2021, 1:13:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info