The "Use these devices" challenges are broken

"
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
And "Defeat The Broken Prince, The Hollow Lady and The Fallen Queen in that order"? Come on! I can kill them one by one or all together, but this is some circus. So I have to lure them out one by one, to not slay them all in few shots. Not challenging, just annoying and time consuming.

This is really good challenge. Exactly because you must do it in specific way, not just one shot em all. I complete this part with arc traps.

It is not that I can't complete it. I just refuse to do it, as to complete this challenge I have to go to T8 map, clear it with my standard weapon (or just brainlesly run to the boss), then swith it for some brush to toilet cleaning just to not oneshot these things and finally kill them one by one. Not challenging, annoying. I always refuse to participating in such stupidities, just like I refused to "Defeat Belcer, the Pirate Lord while possessed by Tormented Bootlegger and the Tormented Buccaneer" in Abyss league. And I will not relase any "Essence of Diarhea" in any future league.

It's ok. Not everyone is up to the challenge.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
"
It is not that I can't complete it. I just refuse to do it

This is your personal problem. Challenge just fine.

'Use this devices' - total bullshit lottery.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
Alea wrote:
This challenge is a nice piece of shit.
(i got all challenges totems completed)

"They are working as intened"; a mistake designed by a "not-that-smart" person.

Until now, when something was hard to get with low rng, it was somehow 'tradable'. So you could grind -> get some currency -> get your challenge. But with this one ?

So I do agree and I am close to quit forever this garbage.

I will spend my money somewhere else....

Tencent keywords list for robots to look for this thread : money, €, $, profit, margin, customer, gain
Last edited by pticouic on Jul 2, 2018, 3:55:01 PM
as someone who completed this challenge as my last one and complained a lot about it i have some things to say.
rng on rooms is as random as expected. but it can be overcome with quarry farm. i farmed 1 temple in 10 mins with a tanky jugg build.
now imagine how many temples u can farm with a speed farmer or a faster build. it can be done.
my last words to you fellow challenge chasers; dont give up, grind 'till you get it!
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
as someone who completed this challenge as my last one and complained a lot about it i have some things to say.
rng on rooms is as random as expected. but it can be overcome with quarry farm. i farmed 1 temple in 10 mins with a tanky jugg build.
now imagine how many temples u can farm with a speed farmer or a faster build. it can be done.
my last words to you fellow challenge chasers; dont give up, grind 'till you get it!

After doing solely burial chambers for a week, followed by 20 hours of quarry over two days, i can only say no thanks.

I probably had 40 attempts at the gem room in total, and im still one short. Im done trying to get lucky to get a "challenge", if it can even be called that.

Its complete and utter bullshit, i could be farming this for weeks on end, without any progress at all.
Current IGN: Hunt
agreed this "challenge" is completely rng madness

This just got harder with the more recent patch. 2 more rooms means less chance for gem / corruption rooms to spawn.
Hey, guys that prepared for us this challenge are experts at PoE (TM) with more than thousand hours grinded to date! (TM).
I sorely needed an impulse to abandon the hunger for 40/40 challenges (~and thus PoE, eventually) and they decided to give me plenty.
We should be thankful... I guess?

Anyway, I really feel bad for anybody bent on 40/40, sitting at 39/40 and having fun times trying and trying to beat the slot machine.
Terrible idea, even for player retention in the long run (feel it on my on skin)
Gotta love how "no change" is also an option of corrupt, so when you finally get Alva to spawn the gem room and succesfully corrupt a gem to vaal, you still don't get either of the challenge objectives.
"
Miathan51 wrote:
Gotta love how "no change" is also an option of corrupt, so when you finally get Alva to spawn the gem room and succesfully corrupt a gem to vaal, you still don't get either of the challenge objectives.

I agree, thats a major flaw, making it possible to always get one of the five outcomes (+lvl, -lvl, +quality, -quality and vaal) would significantly improve the challenge aspect, as well as the value of the room.
Current IGN: Hunt
Last edited by Noob on Jul 3, 2018, 12:03:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info