The "Use these devices" challenges are broken

Dude, we're only a month into the league and you've got 39/40 challenges done. Meanwhile, the rest of us are lucky to have gotten half of them. Keep playing and eventually you'll complete the final challenge.

Chill.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jul 3, 2018, 12:04:58 PM
"

Dude, we're only a month into the league and you've got 39/40 challenges done. Meanwhile, the rest of us are lucky to have gotten half of them. Keep playing and eventually you'll complete the final challenge.

You have no idea what are you talking about. If he got 39/40 challenges done in a month, including supposedly the hardest "Endgame" challenge, what makes you think he will get the last one in 2 more months? It's based on RNG completely, you can't see your progress, you just have to hit the lottery with a chance around 1% for EVERY TEMPLE. Winning lottery is not a challenge
Last edited by iSammax on Jul 3, 2018, 12:44:48 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Chill.

It shouldn't really matter at what pace I sink my time into the game, the issue still persists whether I play 8 hours each day for a month, or 2-3 hours/day for 3 months.

What Im arguing for here, is to reduce the obnoxious amount of rng involved in this challenge, reason being as stated earlier; it provides no sense of progress, its not challenging, just pure luck and results in frustration for anyone not lucky enough to get it.
Current IGN: Hunt
Bump
Bump

Corrupted 3 more gems today, 20+ gems in total. Guess what challenge I didn't get.
Bump
5 lenses over the past 3 or 4 days

0 progress made - still have yet to get level and quality to change

Good stuff GGG
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
What Im arguing for here, is to reduce the obnoxious amount of rng involved in this challenge

Any thoughts on how to achieve that without redesigning the league?

Totally agree though, RNG shouldn't be a factor in any "Challenge".
They could:

1. Make the challenge: complete 9/11 of the following - and add 10) use the corruption device 5-10 times and 11) use the lapidary lens 5-10 times

2. Give some, even minimal, control over which rooms we can go to in incursions. This would undoubtedly end up in more loot obtained by everyone in the league, but I don't think it would be ridiculous. I doubt many people would complain about this one.

3. Leave the challenge as is, but make it complete 6/9 existing options.

These are just 3 I came up with really fast. I'm sure others would work.

And I wasn't planning on quitting the league after 40/40 - I typically don't. I usually try new builds. Only when there's another league running concurrently do I stop playing the main league.
Last edited by Barzhal on Jul 5, 2018, 10:43:39 PM
There is an order of challenges.
Quick look at them shows that they are going from the simpiest one to the End game grind.

The very fact that people finish their End game challenges faster that this RIDICULOUSLY RNG based one is telling us how bad it was designed!

GGG, change it!
Last edited by Apachy on Jul 5, 2018, 11:50:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info