The "Use these devices" challenges are broken

I agree with the OP and will claim that this challenge is broken. I too have spent hours chasing progress towards this challenge to no avail. During this time I've seen countless T1 and T2 corruption chambers and gemcutter workshops go by without the possibility to turn them T3. And the miracle of actually getting a T3 version of these still does not have likely chance to give the desired outcome(s).

It is not challenging. It's a fruitless time-sink with a real possibility that it will not get completed. For the love of christ GGG, change this thing somehow. You're putting an extremely sour taste in the mouths of many people who enjoy completing challenges in PoE.
"
ACGIFT wrote:
[
And the challenges were NEVER meant as "complete these and take all 90 days to do it." If it was, it'd be even more hostile to the non-obsessive players who might not be ready and present on Day 1

source? what are they meant for then? pretty sure they are meant for something to do during the duration of the league
"
almostdead wrote:
source? what are they meant for then? pretty sure they are meant for something to do during the duration of the league

The source is right there when GGG makes 1-month races in the middle of leagues and talks about them as an alternative, since it's clear as much to them as it is to any of us that BOTHER to track user numbers: players stop playing into a league.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
There are sooo many layers of RNG:
- spawn the Temple with the room
- upgrade it (if NPC allows it do!)
- to be lucky and hit 25%

It is not fun at all.
So far I have had like 8 Doryani's Institute and 10 Locus of Corruption - my result is almost 0!

And GGG is adding more rooms to mess it even more ...
Last edited by Apachy on Jul 2, 2018, 12:25:08 AM
"
Apachy wrote:
There are sooo many layers of RNG:
- spawn the Temple with the room
- upgrade it (if NPC allows it do!)
- to be lucky and hit 25%

It is not fun at all.
So far I have had like 8 Doryani's Institute and 10 Locus of Corruption - my result is almost 0!

And GGG is adding more rooms to mess it even more ...

If my experience with the gem room is any indication, you're just getting started. I had about 20 of them in the 20 hours I farmed quarry in the weekend and I didn't get vaal + quality. Not to mention that I've had probably 15-20 from maps prior to that
Current IGN: Hunt
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:

The source is right there when GGG makes 1-month races in the middle of leagues and talks about them as an alternative, since it's clear as much to them as it is to any of us that BOTHER to track user numbers: players stop playing into a league.

challenges can also be completed in the 1-month races. yes, it is clear that players stop playing the league - which is probably exactly why they want challenges to take more time.
In my opinion whole "challenge" system is broken. That's why I refuse to participate in this thing. For example "Kill these Unique Monsters". What is this? It should be automatically completed for every character who finished campaign. I can kill Shaper, so no doubt I can handle some "Bundle of Woe". So why the hell I have to go back to some act (I even refuse to check, where that monster is) and kill it? No, thanks.

Or "Defeat any Monster possessed by a Tormented Embezzler". Really? So I have to grind dozens of maps like stupid monkey with "possessed foe" prophecy, to finally catch this thing? For what purpose? And "Defeat The Broken Prince, The Hollow Lady and The Fallen Queen in that order"? Come on! I can kill them one by one or all together, but this is some circus. So I have to lure them out one by one, to not slay them all in few shots. Not challenging, just annoying and time consuming.

And now I'm talking only about some "lesser" challenges. But OP's "use devices" ic complete joke. Challenges should be doable by plain playing, like Defeat Shaper guardians, but without stupid backtracking or brainless grinding boring content. So in this league I will propably end on some 27 challenges, which I can do by playing the game, without senseless backtracking or brainless grinding of boring content.
"
And "Defeat The Broken Prince, The Hollow Lady and The Fallen Queen in that order"? Come on! I can kill them one by one or all together, but this is some circus. So I have to lure them out one by one, to not slay them all in few shots. Not challenging, just annoying and time consuming.

This is really good challenge. Exactly because you must do it in specific way, not just one shot em all. I complete this part with arc traps.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
In my opinion whole "challenge" system is broken. That's why I refuse to participate in this thing. For example "Kill these Unique Monsters". What is this? It should be automatically completed for every character who finished campaign. I can kill Shaper, so no doubt I can handle some "Bundle of Woe". So why the hell I have to go back to some act (I even refuse to check, where that monster is) and kill it? No, thanks.

Or "Defeat any Monster possessed by a Tormented Embezzler". Really? So I have to grind dozens of maps like stupid monkey with "possessed foe" prophecy, to finally catch this thing? For what purpose? And "Defeat The Broken Prince, The Hollow Lady and The Fallen Queen in that order"? Come on! I can kill them one by one or all together, but this is some circus. So I have to lure them out one by one, to not slay them all in few shots. Not challenging, just annoying and time consuming.

And now I'm talking only about some "lesser" challenges. But OP's "use devices" ic complete joke. Challenges should be doable by plain playing, like Defeat Shaper guardians, but without stupid backtracking or brainless grinding boring content. So in this league I will propably end on some 27 challenges, which I can do by playing the game, without senseless backtracking or brainless grinding of boring content.

True, challenges aren't always "challenging", and often just involve RNG and grind. However, that's still better than only having challenges that you get from normally playing. Going for challenges is and should be something special, something different from just playing the game. Because that's why people enjoy going for challenges. If they just all autocompleted when you rushed through the game and killed shaper, there'd be no fun, and no point, in having them.
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
And "Defeat The Broken Prince, The Hollow Lady and The Fallen Queen in that order"? Come on! I can kill them one by one or all together, but this is some circus. So I have to lure them out one by one, to not slay them all in few shots. Not challenging, just annoying and time consuming.

This is really good challenge. Exactly because you must do it in specific way, not just one shot em all. I complete this part with arc traps.

It is not that I can't complete it. I just refuse to do it, as to complete this challenge I have to go to T8 map, clear it with my standard weapon (or just brainlesly run to the boss), then swith it for some brush to toilet cleaning just to not oneshot these things and finally kill them one by one. Not challenging, annoying. I always refuse to participating in such stupidities, just like I refused to "Defeat Belcer, the Pirate Lord while possessed by Tormented Bootlegger and the Tormented Buccaneer" in Abyss league. And I will not relase any "Essence of Diarhea" in any future league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info