[3.2] HoWAbout Occultist. Shaper/Uber Elder, Minotaur flaskless on 1L!!

Hello, i'm thinking about playing your build for the next league since i've always wanted to try an Occultist/ES build ! :)

Do you consider your build to be a great league starter ? And would you level it all the way up with molten strike as an hybrid life/ES character (which I intend on doing) ? :)

And also, what claw/weapon would you think is best to play with until you have HOWA ?

Thanks for your build/reply (maybe haha) ! :)
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1
Last edited by iRa38 on Aug 26, 2018, 11:01:33 AM
"
bankai1009 wrote:

Thanks for your reply :)

Given theres a few shaper uniques here, are they costly at leagues start?
Like how much is HOWA, shaper touch, dream fragment at day 1-4 do you know?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with early league prices, I always start playing a bit late in the league. I assume HOTM should be affordable enough, but Shaper's Touch could be expensive.

"
iRa38 wrote:
And would you level it all the way up with molten strike as an hybrid life/ES character (which I intend on doing) ? :)

And also, what claw/weapon would you think is best to play with until you have HOWA ?

Personally I leveled as hybrid and had zero issues when leveling. My only death was to Abberath because I was careless & had uncapped fire res.

Use unupgraded HOWA (HOTM) from level 22 until 68. With Astramentis it gives you too much dps during leveling.
"
klaymored wrote:

Use unupgraded HOWA (HOTM) from level 22 until 68. With Astramentis it gives you too much dps during leveling.

Yes but at the start of the league (day 1-2) those weapons are not available since it's a breach unique, what would you think is the best weapon then, until i get HOTM ? :)

Thanks !
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1
"
iRa38 wrote:

Yes but at the start of the league (day 1-2) those weapons are not available since it's a breach unique, what would you think is the best weapon then, until i get HOTM ? :)

Thanks !

I'd roll with regular 1h weapons, presumably with %phys crafted via vendor recipe. As certain generic phys damage leveling uniques become available, you could replace your crafted items. At least that's what I'm going to do.
"

This is what gives a lot of "oomph" to our Molten Strike. You can get ones with this corruption relatively cheap, since we don't care about fire damage.

Hi, dont understand why we dont care about fire damage? Can you explain please, thinking bout to play your build on Delve :)
"
xtREEN wrote:

Hi, dont understand why we dont care about fire damage? Can you explain please, thinking bout to play your build on Delve :)

We don't really need to look for perfect fire damage rolls on those jewels, because we're scaling lightning damage in the build, not fire. The difference between 10% or 15% increased fire damage on Wildfire jewels is negligible, so just grab what you can get with some useful corruptions if you have spare currency.
"
klaymored wrote:
"
xtREEN wrote:

We don't really need to look for perfect fire damage rolls on those jewels, because we're scaling lightning damage in the build, not fire. The difference between 10% or 15% increased fire damage on Wildfire jewels is negligible, so just grab what you can get with some useful corruptions if you have spare currency.

Ah we just stack flat lightning damage due to the flat lightning damage from HOWA?

sorry, just was brain afk ^^
Hi, how about 3.4 update? Your build will live on or need make some changes?
P.S. Sorry for my english=)
"
Phaequel wrote:
Hi, how about 3.4 update? Your build will live on or need make some changes?
P.S. Sorry for my english=)

On passive tree the only thing that has been changed is the templar side. Should look like this:
Spoiler

Aside from this minor change, I'm not sure there's something that needs adjusting as all of the items are still obtainable, not to mention that better rares could be more available thanks to the resonator crafting + shaper's strongholds.

Hopefully Bristoling comes back and brings us some more info to the table.
Last edited by klaymored on Aug 31, 2018, 2:31:21 AM
where do we have to put the second wildfire jewel? I can't figure it out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info