[3.2] HoWAbout Occultist. Shaper/Uber Elder, Minotaur flaskless on 1L!!

No worries. You can turn it off if you have it socketed in your weapons by double swapping, just make sure your auras are somewhere else.
The projectile enchantment is going to be hard to get on Xbox, but yes it is a lab enchant. You should try getting it on a high ilvl hubris so that you can roll it later with essences for high Int and ES.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
I've been building this (actually randomly bought the build creators boots), however my damage is showing half of what his is, and I'm wearing roughly 40ex in gear. I'm not understanding if PoB is bugged or if I'm of on the gear.

I know my rings don't have %lightning damage, but it's not worth 200K PER BALL, and even taking OFF the rings in the original build as well as jewels still shows substantially higher than mine.

https://pastebin.com/aC30YHWi

Any help would be appreciated. I killed shaper but it took longer than the videos, and I want to find out why.
I've imported your character, and see around 306k dps, which isn't bad. I thought importing would be better in case you changed any gear since posting. You also had Ancestral Call in PoB which will show up as less dps then DoFL. But I think lowish dps might be just a combination of small things.

Get 20% quality on Herald - 2.7% dps more.
You could use Atziri's flask instead of Quicksilver - 15% ele will net you 9% dps.
50 Int instead of 11 on your Regalia's would be around 3.5-4% more dps.
12% Int on both HoWA's would be around 1.5% more dps.
If using Vinktar, you can either add another line to the flask to trick it into calculating shock, or you can just pop Intimidate for the exact same effect.
There's a bit more dps you could get from 15% Cyclopean (or one that is corrupted for even more then that, but those can be really expensive).
One ring has only 35 Int, could be higher, with just 25% elemental damage and 50 Int would add 6% more dps.
Other ring could get around 4-4.5% more dps with just 25% elemental damage increase.
With above changes and 3 more levels, I got up to 468k dps, which isn't bad at all. You biggest dps boost will be buying helmet with enchantment.

Please don't take it the wrong way, but it really doesn't look like a 40ex gear. It might be due to price changing or because I bought most of my gear when exalted were 130-170c, but here's my total breakdown for my most recent gear setup:

Helmet (with enchant): 4ex
HoWA's: self farmed but probably 1.5ex for these rolls?
Chest: 19ex
Ring 1: 1ex
Ring 2: 3.5ex
Corrupted Cylopean: 6ex
Shaped amulet: 7ex
Gloves: 1ex
Boots: don't remember, between 1 and 2.5ex
Watcher's Eye: 5ex
Other jewels: around 2ex
Flasks: 3.5ex
Total: 54.5-58ex

If I assume that your chest was around 5-7ex, no Watcher's and no helmet enchantment, that would shave off around 15ex, leaving your with similar budget as to what I had, but the difference between our setups is quite big. Sorry to say that but you must have overspent quite a lot on some of the pieces :(

Altought it makes me happy that my old boots got into the right hands (feet?), don't know if you bought them from me or if they were flipped further down the line :)
My build guides:

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Last edited by Bristoling on Jul 17, 2018, 3:35:23 AM
Hey there, you say u can get up to 16k ES when you use a shild. Hows that working? The best shild i found so far got 200 ES and brings me up to 11. Btw is real neccesary to spend skillpoints on Manareg? I thought about switching them to more ES
We don't spend any points on mana regen, would be great if you clarified where it's stated like that, I'll have a look into it.

The mention about 15.6k effective life pool was including the reduction of damage from Malediction and Enfeeble (calculating effectiveness vs end game bosses), but I was pointed out later that it isn't fair to include that. But, reaching 11-12k ES with decent gear and Clarity Watcher's isn't too hard. Of course it depends on your budget, I'd say without Watcher's and 15ex worth of gear you can easily reach 9-9.5k pure ES.

I've spent around 55ex on my character, and if I equipped 300 ES 40 Int shield I'd have 14.8k ES. So reaching very high ES values is definitely possible. All content in the game can be done on much less so I wouldn't really worry about that :)
My build guides:

Looks like i added the Mana reg by a missclick on my own... When i checked for it on ur link there was no manareg anymore. But still there are some little things i dont understand ... There is one Point for +20% projectile damage i can not take because on my skilltree there is no direct connection to it. I would have to take the whole circle to get there. But anyway it looks like i have 3-4 skillpoints less then you have(i did all the Quests and killed the Bandits. I think this stuff doesnt realy matter but i was wondering why.
Hey hey, its me again :D i hope iam not annoying you but i got another question
.. Currently iam using Wrath and Disciplin ...is there any reason to change that to Herold?
Nope, this is the perfect setup to be honest. I started myself with Herald and Purity instead only because this way you need a lot less resistances on the gear which makes getting rest of equipment a lot cheaper. Once you have enough currency that spending extra on higher resist pieces with same defensive/offensive stats doesn't matter, you can and should run Wrath instead. On a budget you will actually get better value with less resists on gear but higher Int/ES/damage and Purity.

I can't really check your tree to see if you are missing any points since I'm using my phone to access internet atm, and passive tree doesn't load on my mobile. Monday to Friday I work too long shifts to play or help out more then simple posts like this one :)
My build guides:

Last edited by Bristoling on Jul 18, 2018, 11:53:58 AM
"
Bristoling wrote:
I've imported your character, and see around 306k dps, which isn't bad. I thought importing would be better in case you changed any gear since posting. You also had Ancestral Call in PoB which will show up as less dps then DoFL. But I think lowish dps might be just a combination of small things.

Get 20% quality on Herald - 2.7% dps more.
You could use Atziri's flask instead of Quicksilver - 15% ele will net you 9% dps.
50 Int instead of 11 on your Regalia's would be around 3.5-4% more dps.
12% Int on both HoWA's would be around 1.5% more dps.
If using Vinktar, you can either add another line to the flask to trick it into calculating shock, or you can just pop Intimidate for the exact same effect.
There's a bit more dps you could get from 15% Cyclopean (or one that is corrupted for even more then that, but those can be really expensive).
One ring has only 35 Int, could be higher, with just 25% elemental damage and 50 Int would add 6% more dps.
Other ring could get around 4-4.5% more dps with just 25% elemental damage increase.
With above changes and 3 more levels, I got up to 468k dps, which isn't bad at all. You biggest dps boost will be buying helmet with enchantment.

Please don't take it the wrong way, but it really doesn't look like a 40ex gear. It might be due to price changing or because I bought most of my gear when exalted were 130-170c, but here's my total breakdown for my most recent gear setup:

Helmet (with enchant): 4ex
HoWA's: self farmed but probably 1.5ex for these rolls?
Chest: 19ex
Ring 1: 1ex
Ring 2: 3.5ex
Corrupted Cylopean: 6ex
Shaped amulet: 7ex
Gloves: 1ex
Boots: don't remember, between 1 and 2.5ex
Watcher's Eye: 5ex
Other jewels: around 2ex
Flasks: 3.5ex
Total: 54.5-58ex

If I assume that your chest was around 5-7ex, no Watcher's and no helmet enchantment, that would shave off around 15ex, leaving your with similar budget as to what I had, but the difference between our setups is quite big. Sorry to say that but you must have overspent quite a lot on some of the pieces :(

Altought it makes me happy that my old boots got into the right hands (feet?), don't know if you bought them from me or if they were flipped further down the line :)

Thank you for all the help! I greatly appreciate it. I actually didn't know about having to tick intimidate in PoB, so that helped even the numbers a lot.

I actually did buy the boots from you lol.

I probably both overspent and over-estimated how much I spent on the gear. Rolling comparable rings has been my biggest struggle (after I gave up on 6-linking my shaped chest lol).

Thought about getting that helm enchant, but I'm definitely not a great currency farmer, and it's fairly expensive.

Again, thanks for the help! You definitely didn't need to make such a detailed response, I greatly appreciate it!
I removed the cold snap gem and now im using a curse on hit supp with enfeeble gloves (elemental wakness hit gloves that i found have less es) and it work really nice, 43% less elemental resistances with elemental wakness gem on 19/20, shapper down, now uber elder inc, really enjoyable build, loved it

are my rings ok? i have really bads resistances so im using purity, and the helm cost me a lot (12ex)
so im farming some currency to buy a new belt and the watcher's eye <3
Last edited by Yoyibelle on Jul 19, 2018, 6:40:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info