[3.2] HoWAbout Occultist. Shaper/Uber Elder, Minotaur flaskless on 1L!!

"
Maestery wrote:
How is this build for uelder and delve boss carries?
Can it go higher depth like 500-900?
How is the mapping speed over all?
Is 240ex budget enough?

I'm farming the Uber Elder on a daily basis, and I have posted a video of one of my smoothest runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHmDU4F4POk

I have also done an uber elder carry service without dying for a dude who got in the map from the beginning, so the bosses had their life doubled; haven't recorded it but will do in the future if it happens again.

for higher depths you probably want a double curse setup with blasphemy (temporal chains and enfeeble)

compared to a juggernaut, the occultist is faster in clearing thanks to profane bloom which procs explosions in packs of mobs

240 ex budget is more than enough, I think I have spent less than 100 ex for mine

Thanks Giammafix!
So its just preference. Depends on the ES amount of my rare i guess.
"
HerrImHimmel wrote:

Thanks Giammafix!
So its just preference. Depends on the ES amount of my rare i guess.

yeah, and also on the links you want to use for molten strike.
usually I see incandescent heart on the shield versions of this build, using one claw and atziri's reflection, as well as the scion version.
the league is almost over, then I've corrupted my claws, and got this beauty, totally unexpected! ^^

also have this, which of course is not op as the attack speed one, but still a good dps upgrade (slightly better than a level 21/20 support gem)

I've been running a variation of this build where I use Incandescent Heart and Atziri's Reflection and run Temporal Chains/Enfeeble auras with Elemental Weakness on hit. So far I've killed Elder Guardians relatively easy but been struggling at Uber Elder.

My biggest problem is knowing when to use Blood Rage. Is it mainly just used for clearing or should I be using it at bosses too? I find myself dying quite a bit to it because I either run out of monsters to leech off of or bosses phase into invulnerability and I end up getting uncomfortably low. Would it be a good idea to throw it into my Immortal Call/CWDT/Increased Duration set-up or should I just suck it up and stick to self casting?
"
gmurz wrote:
I've been running a variation of this build where I use Incandescent Heart and Atziri's Reflection and run Temporal Chains/Enfeeble auras with Elemental Weakness on hit. So far I've killed Elder Guardians relatively easy but been struggling at Uber Elder.

My biggest problem is knowing when to use Blood Rage. Is it mainly just used for clearing or should I be using it at bosses too? I find myself dying quite a bit to it because I either run out of monsters to leech off of or bosses phase into invulnerability and I end up getting uncomfortably low. Would it be a good idea to throw it into my Immortal Call/CWDT/Increased Duration set-up or should I just suck it up and stick to self casting?

if you're going to ask my opinion, the double curse aura is better (and perhaps mandatory) for deep delving, but for bosses, I would still rather use wrath with empower or herald of thunder.
sometimes I've died too for blood rage keep running, but never bricked a uber elder set because of this.
blood rage is a great boost vs bosses, and until you can keep damaging them and leeching, it should not be a problem.
as you said, it might be annoying while fighting bosses with multiple phases, invulnerability stages etc.
if you follow the gem setup from the author of the build, you'll notice that he put blood rage in one of the weapons, so you can weapon swap to stop the damage in these situations.
when this happens, I just weapon swap, stop the damage over time, and swap right back the weapons, making sure I'm in a safe spot to do it.
you have to be very quick to do it, but it's very comfortable.
Solid build, got me my first ever Shaper and Uber Elder kill in delve league. My character name is escondido if anyone wants to check out how I built mine. Manage to reach around 11k ES and 1100 int, damage is more than enough for shaper farming. Build is practically indestructible because nothing can kill you through 11k EHP. Good stuff.
Killed the four guardians deathless. about to do shaper now. The grandmasters raped me tho lol.

edit: killed shaper deathless. Thx to OP for this build. now I need to kill uber elder.
Last edited by Kazm0t on Nov 23, 2018, 1:12:27 PM
Damn.....

Item Balance
Molten Strike Labyrinth Helmet enchantments now grant 1 additional projectile from the Merciless Labyrinth (down from 2) and 2 additional projectiles from the Eternal Labyrinth (down from 3).
Hello i m new to build but i m really enjoying playing it thanks for the guide :)

did u consider physical to lightning gem i tried it and it gives a good amount of damage instead of conc. effect ?
IGN:Farquartoo

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451181

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info