[3.3] Trapper of Innocence - Budget 20C 4-Links only - T16/Shaper/Uber Atziri

HEY! Love the build!
Last edited by Dexot on Jun 28, 2018, 10:43:55 PM
i start dying more to incursion after doing high tier map T10-T12.. lol. Gonna try some of the recommendation by using (reckless defense) jewels and the flask.. hope it will help. life is at 4.1k + 1.1k ES.. will that be too low though?
Loving this build so far, LOTS of damage and relatively fast too :D
I have a few questions:

1) I've managed to 5L my Martyr and Tinkerskin, what gems should I add? I saw you mention Immolate for Fire Trap and Elemental Focus for the Flamethrower/Lightning Spire, are these better than Fire Pen for single target? (bosses specifically)

2) You run Vaal Lightning Trap and Siphoning Trap but you don't talk about them. I'm guessing the Vaal Lightning Trap is exclusively for bosses for the shock, but I'm not entirely sure why you would run the siphoning trap since all mobs pretty much get one shot and bosses are only 1 target?

3) Is Herald of Ash actually useful? We have 0 physical damage and the burning it causes to enemies is vastly outshined by our Fire Trap so it doesn't actually apply. What alternatives are there otherwise?

3.1) Kind of related, is Arctic Armour specifically for face tanking? If I wanted to potentially change these two, is there something that would give me more dps/defenses that could be helpful (a curse with Blasphemy maybe?)

Thank you for the builds over the years, I've been following you for a while and I appreciate being able to reach the end game with very little currency :)
"
3) Is Herald of Ash actually useful? We have 0 physical damage and the burning it causes to enemies is vastly outshined by our Fire Trap so it doesn't actually apply. What alternatives are there otherwise?

It's still a 12% more multiplier (ignoring the extra burning damage). As far as arctic armor goes, it reinforces the weakest point of the build (physical damage mitigation), but I personally went Discipline (with an Enlighten support) because of a lucky Watcher's Eye drop (% max ES regen when Discipline is active, % increased fire damage when Anger is active).

where should i put Transcendent Mind Cobalt Jewel into passive tree?
you cant call this a tank sorry, followed the build exactly as you said, at maps 12-13 you get 1 hit by every pile, the spell block is trash, you literally can only tank mele, if theres a pile of mobs that attack with "magic" you can say goodbye to 15% xp.

build was fun and efficient like from levels 60-80 after that is trash :(
"
Leveling a trapper is a goddamn joke as of 3.3

You did not Lie here. Currently level 32 and just finished Act 3, after about 4 Hours total Playtime. I never was that fast, and I never did Act 3 without Dying atleast once before, not even with overpriced leveling Gear.

One Question tho, I currently use only Flamethrower and Fire Trap, and have them both on my Setup with Multiple Traps (Cluster Traps is level 38 I think). Do you place 3 Traps of them right at the Start of a Boss Fight, or one after another, to not get Cooldowns?
Also, did you test if a 5th / 3rd Link for Flamethrower would be Superior to having the Lightning Spire Trap? (I thought about Advanced Traps Support aswell, but I have to say that this is my very first Time playing a Trapper)
How do I scale this build once I 5 link stuff? What jewels and gem combinations should I go for?
Really liking this build overall.
Would using malachai's awakening with no anger / herald of ash be good?
"
Avinash500 wrote:
How do I scale this build once I 5 link stuff? What jewels and gem combinations should I go for?
Really liking this build overall.

I had the same thing to figure out. Decided to drop lightning spire altogether.

According to PoB, conc effect would yield more shaper damage than fire pen, but I like the AoE too much. I guess you could keep the spire and drop the fire pen on flamethrower trap.

To learn is to live...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info