[NERFED] The VMS Rocket | Crazy Damage | Kill while Moving | Featured in BoTW!

"
I don’t think it makes sense to scale ignites on a build that relies on rapid hits to get millions of dps. You’d probably get more dps if you just ignored the effect of ignite altogether and focused on an extra more multiplier like hypothermia.

I am sorry, I forgot saying thank you for that good build.
I have already tried hypothermia on path of building.

with hypothermia;
Average hit: 75.3k
Ignite dps: 14.1k

-------------------------

with my setup;
Average hit: 68k
Ignite dps: 23.3k

and what you think for flammility? I lose some ignites without your boots combo but flammility gives me good boost.

I would like to see your comments about my tree + items + tree (I shared my pob link previous comment)
we can improve this awesome build much for next league.

Thank you,
Burak

Last edited by JavaMaster on Aug 28, 2018, 11:03:36 AM
Ignites do not stack and the build hits many many times per second. The peak single target dps is about 80 times the average hit damage. Your setup is sacrificing 500k dps in hits for 10k dps in ignite.

I also don’t believe flammability is worth losing an ignition trigger link against bosses. Depending on the link you could lose a good third of your ignites and there’s no way flammability can make up for that, especially since this build gets a decent amount of penetration.

Also a word of caution: this build may be effectively dead in 3.4 without the soul ripper flask. We know that duration nodes are going to scale up the soul gain prevention. If temporal chains does as well, there won’t be a large enough window in which to recharge VMS so the build could be toast.
thanks for info.

I read patch notes too. More duration = more soul
so RIP
So, is this build dead with new patch? I was thinking of trying it
"
Migui61 wrote:
So, is this build dead with new patch? I was thinking of trying it

The most important duration extender is temporal chains. If that doesn’t extend the soul gain prevention the build will still work. If it does(and I think it probably will even though the patch notes didn’t explicitly mention it), the only way for the build to function is the soul ripper flask which will be even more expensive and rare than it was in Incursion.
"
the only way for the build to function is the soul ripper flask which will be even more expensive and rare than it was in Incursion.

maaan I just finished this build in standard and was hoping to keep it going for a while because it is super fun. Why did they nerf vaal skills after they just buffed them the last time!?

So the way I see it every duration-based vaal skill is complete shit after this patch unless they use less duration like storm call.
Conflating the cooldown duration with skill duration is utter nonsense. Nobody would think this is a good idea for other cooldowns like eg. trap cooldown.

Why GGG, oh WHY!??
This build will work on 3.4?
"
serjuca wrote:

See my last comment.
"
"
serjuca wrote:

See my last comment.

So..without this flask...the build is dead?

I was so happy to follow it.
I play the coward's legacy version and I have the temp chains helm enchant, I get about 7 seconds on the indication icon (which is much longer with temp chains) to refuel souls before VMS runs out. So I'm doing just fine. However, I'm noticing that temp chains isn't working on certain maps, not just hexproof ones anymore. It seems to be on double curse maps. Is there a player curse limit now or something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info