[NERFED] The VMS Rocket | Crazy Damage | Kill while Moving | Featured in BoTW!

So far I had great fun. 4 link + 1 green (hypotermia). However, since I am not really experienced PoE player, if I may, I have few questions.

-What mechanic causes longer VmS? Why does self curse extend duration? I do not understand.

-Since I have 5 link with 1 green (hypotermia), I have read that it is then better to equip either Cold Snap or Artic Breath instead of Glacial Cascade. Is that correct? Which one is better? I kinda prefer Artic Breath since range is bigger and it procs curse better.

-Armour is obviously important however how is it with evasion? Is it better to have it as low as it is possible so you get hit more and proc your gems and everything or does it not really matter?

-What is best item to have dex on it? I struggle a bit with it although I took 2x 30dex nodes. With +37 dex on some cheap dual resistance helmet I just got over 152dex (155 dex).
If I get +20 dex Coward's Legacy and buy some other helmet, it still means I need to fit 14 dex somewhere if I keep +60dex from those 2 nodes.

I have all uniques. Must and recommended. Trying to gear my char towards Coward's Legacy as well if possible. Other than that ....

Many thanks for such fun build,
Your friendy neighborhood Exile

p.s. if I missed somewhere already answered question, please forgive :(

Last edited by xWaRRioRx92 on Aug 15, 2018, 10:59:54 AM
"

Q1: May be better to change GC for Spark for more targets for curse?

And the main...

Q2: Why we can't use Scorching Ray instead Incinerate? Ignite will not cause enough often, but not problem with cost of mana, more cast speed and more dmg for burning mobs.
Ofc with Burning Damage and Concentrated Effect Socketed Gems Supported in helm.

GC is better than spark because it causes more ignites per second and triggers the curse faster.

Scorching ray is an option over incinerate. I don't like it as much because incinerate gives stronger single target when VMS falls off. It might get more damage with VMS on though since it has that -fire res debuff.

"
xWaRRioRx92 wrote:

-What mechanic causes longer VmS? Why does self curse extend duration? I do not understand.

-Since I have 5 link with 1 green (hypotermia), I have read that it is then better to equip either Cold Snap or Artic Breath instead of Glacial Cascade. Is that correct? Which one is better? I kinda prefer Artic Breath since range is bigger and it procs curse better.

-Armour is obviously important however how is it with evasion? Is it better to have it as low as it is possible so you get hit more and proc your gems and everything or does it not really matter?

-What is best item to have dex on it? I struggle a bit with it although I took 2x 30dex nodes. With +37 dex on some cheap dual resistance helmet I just got over 152dex (155 dex).
If I get +20 dex Coward's Legacy and buy some other helmet, it still means I need to fit 14 dex somewhere if I keep +60dex from those 2 nodes.

Temporal chains has a mod "Other effects on enemies expire 40% slower". This mod affects pretty much every timed effect on your character including buff durations like the VMS effect. With no curse effectiveness, this mod is reduced by 40% due to temporal chains reduced effect on players so you end up with only 24% slower expirations. That's about 30% more duration on your buffs. As you stack curse effect mods, the effective percent for slower expirations eventually goes past 40%. When you reach 50%, it'll be 100% more buff durations, at 67% it will be 200% more buff durations. These are multiplicative with the skill duration nodes on the tree so with those nodes VMS gets around 9 seconds of duration but once you stack enough curse effect, it will be 25-30 seconds.

If you find arctic breath better, then it's probably better for the current configuration of your build and your playstyle. Cold snap has a cooldown on it but the plus side is you'll get easy frenzy charge generation.

Armour and evasion actually have very little effect on the build. You don't have room to really stack evasion(I guess you could use a flask) but with immortal call up all the time, you don't really need it. Armour has no effect at all because of the perma immortal call.

For dex, get it on any item you can fit it in on until you have enough. It depends on what you can find in your drops and on the trade indexers. You can also get dex on jewels.
Many thanks for such fast reply. Also, I forgot to ask another game machanic. Why do we swap Glacial Cascade when we have Hypotermia support gem equiped?
Hypothermia is more damage vs chilled targets. You need something that chills enemies. GC is lowest hit rate cwdt link in the build so replacing it with a lower hit rate skill that leaves chilled ground will let you meet the condition for hypothermia without sacrificing a lot of ignites per second.
"
GC is better than spark because it causes more ignites per second and triggers the curse faster.

I still do not understand why GC triggering the curse faster and why it does more ignites. But well, okay, I do not see any fundamental difference at all.

"
Scorching ray is an option over incinerate. I don't like it as much because incinerate gives stronger single target when VMS falls off. It might get more damage with VMS on though since it has that -fire res debuff.

I like both of these skills. But long time my problem was in quickest mana disappearing. As soon as I decided it, see the previous page, incineration is very efficient.

Thank you for this build. Thank you very much. It very efficient and funny build I tryed after Poet's Pens appier.
Did quite few upgrades to my build. Got very very nice rolled Coward's Legacy (not using it yet, since I need to get either on my ring, helmet or shield triple +45% resistances). After that resistances should be sorted out to be soft capped above 105%.
However. Since this build is so delicate, may I have few more questions?

-Are there any Labyrinth enchantments that would break this build or at minimum made it worse? How about high quality gems, for example 20 quality or above?

-I found 23% quality level 20 Vaal Molten Shell for real cheap. So I took it. I thought more ignite chance is bonus for this build, however I have read later on wiki following.
>>> This (VmS with all needed uniques) cannot cause a chain reaction of explosions if Vaal Molten Shell has a 100% ignite chance. It will only proc when another skill ignites an enemy.<<<
Is quality on VmS therefore bad? Or only when you reach 100% and above? Currently at 82% ingnite chance from 59%. Damage in ingame tool tip does spike quite dramatic but those are as we know unreliable.

-How about quality on Temporal Chains? Would it make you even faster or slower? What causes that "speed buff" when you start getting hit and self ignited?

-Since I am not prepared to risk it with corrupting my equipment, what would be best enchantment on Gloves, Boots and Helmet if you can RNG it?
I was playing around and got "Commandment of Flames" on gloves. Meh, seems decent I guess.
On boots I got "0.6% damage leeched as Life or Mana if you have killed recently". Does this one work with VmS? Is damage leech applied to VmS?
On helmet I do not have anything useful at the moument. What would be good here? If I understood correct, then "30% increased Temporal Chains Curse Effect" would give more duration and "45% increased Temporal Chains Duration" would not do much since I keep self cursing myself all the time anyway. Am I correct?
Would "40% increased Molten Shell Damage" or "150% increased Molten Shell Buff Effect" have any effect on VmS? Or do those buffs apply only for regular MS therefore make them useless?

Thank You again in advance for both, Your amazing build and really great detailed explanations!
Last edited by xWaRRioRx92 on Aug 16, 2018, 2:35:29 AM
The most useful enchant is temp chains curse effect. Once I got it I realized it’s even more important on the helm than a pseudo six link. For boots, there’s the life and mana regen enchant that’s pretty nice and can help with mana the leech one works too but isn’t much use if there’s nothing to kill. For gloves, the reflection enchant can be nice. I don’t really care much about the boots and gloves enchants though on my character.

Gem quality on VMS is not very important. It gives a little more healing but that’s it. Gem levels are what you want there. You won’t break the build with quality on gems except maybe phase run. The tricky thing with phase run is the quality gives you movespeed and might cause you to exceed 160% increased movespeed which is the threshold for breaking abberath’s hooves :(.
i have a question, how do you get to 20s VMS, mine only shows as 10.4s
Just a question, i'm using

but it doesn't raise my vms duration to 20s+ its still 10s also have

i don't see any curse appearing on my debuffs except for the vulnerability.
Last edited by Caloyski on Aug 17, 2018, 9:24:56 AM
"
Caloyski wrote:
Just a question, i'm using

Coward's Legacy

but it doesn't raise my vms duration to 20s+ its still 10s also have

Shackles of the Wretched
Chain Gloves

It’s not shown on the tooltip. The effect from temporal chains appears as a blue font on the buff effect icon. If you watch the buff tick down, it will be much slower than real time, taking 2 seconds for each tick instead of 1. So long as you curse yourself with temp chains you will get those longer durations.

Your shackles aren’t working because temp chains level is too low. It needs to be above the CwDT support threshold so only curse on hit can apply.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Aug 17, 2018, 9:28:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info