[NERFED] The VMS Rocket | Crazy Damage | Kill while Moving | Featured in BoTW!

The build does still work. It just isn’t as strong or as fun as it was during Incursion league.

Whether it will work in legion is unknown. Molten shell is being reworked so VMS might get changed too. We also don’t know if there will be changes to Juggernaut.

So my advice is if you want to run this build at least once, do it before 3.7 lands.
According to patch notes this should be back on the menu in a big way and maybe even better than ever. I intend to update this guide and respec/test my standard char when the patch hits.
EDIT: This is most likely dead.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Jun 5, 2019, 2:18:03 PM
F
Creator of the VMS Rocket please gift us with the knowledge of the vms way.
Do you seriously think the build is dead? Maybe a new vms shit with cyclone perma channeling could create a definitive spinner rocket.

Imagine adding to vms pulverise and to cyclone impale and holy molly, 3 shapers per second. Now talking about dps is too old school nowadays we talk about shapers per second.
Last edited by YoloMecSweg on Jun 7, 2019, 8:26:40 AM
"
YoloMecSweg wrote:
Creator of the VMS Rocket please gift us with the knowledge of the vms way.
Do you seriously think the build is dead? Maybe a new vms shit with cyclone perma channeling could create a definitive spinner rocket.

Imagine adding to vms pulverise and to cyclone impale and holy molly, 3 shapers per second. Now talking about dps is too old school nowadays we talk about shapers per second.

VMS does reflect damage now, similar to impale. Reflect does not scale with your modifiers or support gems. The base damage may be impressive and you might be able to sort of kill white mobs while clearing but with it only triggering once per second and no way to inflict ignites or get ignite proliferation it's not going to have any clear speed. The best hit you can possibly get(only realistic if you eat several shaper slams) is 900k and then you're in soul gain prevention.

Additionally, soul gain prevention was increased to correspond to the new duration so getting decent uptime is really hard.

There are stylistically similar builds, but VMS as a clearing and bossing skill is pretty much dead.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Jun 7, 2019, 9:39:06 AM
still dead for 3.8? :( I want to play this T___T
"
still dead for 3.8? :( I want to play this T___T

Jousis managed to make a VMS build with the new VMS that works but it’s quite different from what my build was and doesn’t clear nearly as well(though it looks like a strong bosser).
what about 3.21 with the reworked vaal skills? any chance?
Last edited by Canibaloler on Apr 7, 2023, 3:34:59 PM
"
Canibaloler wrote:
what about 3.21 with the reworked vaal skills? any chance?

I think it’s actually nerfed further in 3.21 lol. This build relies on skill mechanics that have been gone from the game for years. If you want something that plays similar I’d recommend checking out autobombers like ward loop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info