[NERFED] The VMS Rocket | Crazy Damage | Kill while Moving | Featured in BoTW!

"
clantosa wrote:
"
Hmm must have pasted the wrong one.. I fixed it.

Not sure what's wrong but it still only shows the first 49 skill points of your new tree. : (

I think you must have been using the old trees. I hadn't removed them. I've gone ahead and done that and the tree section has the new link.
can someone confirm if this build still works and feels good?
Hi OP, I made a new build with empire's grasp and the new eternal apple shield. I was heavily inspired by your build here. I wonder if you could check it out and let me know of your thoughts!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2210964
with all curse effect nodes on tree and self cursing level 20 temp chains no quality and no skill effect duration on the skill tree you only get a second or two of window to gain souls while vaal molten shell is still active, GGG shat on this build
I started delve going for this, it has been a struggle but I have this build working but not optimal. I found myself taking to much self damage from the ignites but I found a simple work around... use two Razor of the Seventh Suns!!! Now I am super sustain and I feel like I can ride this out while I try to save up for one of those fancy shaper/elder help or offhands. My res are in the toilet so I use a ruby flask and/or a bismuth flask to stack fire res until I can get better pieces. My skill tree is a mess trying to balance skill duration and curses. I don't have 100% uptime on anything but its still a lot of fun so far!!!
I have gone this build as a league starter for delve, and its still a ton of fun. I can't sustain a 100% uptime of VMS, so I save it for certain situations. Using a hysteria crafted offhand as suggested in the guide helps a lot with the damage output while not under VMS.

For skill-points i initially only went with increased curse effect to counteract the soul regain prevention, but with maxed out curse effect i only had a window of around 1 or 2 seconds. I'm trying to get skill-points enough to also go for the increased duration nodes, so far it feels like it increases the window of opportunity still (not sure how the math works here).

I'm going to save uo for a soul catcher flask, but is there any reason this build cannot use the Soul Ripper flask to simply ignore the soul gain prevention mechanic entirely?
Soul ripper is expensive and is clunkier than soul catcher which is why I didn’t recommend it originally.

It’ll help a lot now though.

If you want to widen your window, you could try getting coward’s legacy and a curse effect enchant for temp chains.
could the Sacrificial Harvest jewel be a good addition to the build now after the nerf?
It's funny how they proudly presented this build on build of the week right before destroying it.

WTF is wrong with you GGG?!

Do you deliberately want to keep people from playing vaal builds? They have been a niche anyway so now all you did was destroy ALL vaal builds except storm call.

Thanks for nothing.
Hello guys,
I'm going to report on my experience on this build since i got so much fun playing it and i kinda feel like it's a duty to make the creator of this build know that the build is still plenty viable and fun (thx a lot for sharing it!)

The only downside of the build is that you now really need coward's legacy and temp chain enchant to feel at ease.

Without any of them i had, like all the other players, like 2 seconds of VMS uptime to refuel my souls.
With only the helmet enchant it went to like 5-7 sec.
With both the enchant and the belt it went up to 15 sec!(VMS lasting 22 sec and the soul gain prevention lasting 7).

Oh and there is another secret downside: all those cwdt procing like hell make both my pc and the ggg servers melt when delving ahah

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info