Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
hyyyben wrote:

Trigger area > Chain reaction...if you got enough trigger area, then chain reaction doesnt screw uptinkerskin.
I have recommended several ppl to NOT follow your guide..since it lack defence and offence.

With more work you will get there.
Gl outthere :)

How does the build lack defense?
How does the build lack offense?

"
Sequel wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:

Trigger area > Chain reaction...if you got enough trigger area, then chain reaction doesnt screw uptinkerskin.
I have recommended several ppl to NOT follow your guide..since it lack defence and offence.

Thats for you to find out..not for me to tell.. :)
"
Sequel wrote:
"
koros wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:

At least be specific about your view about why you think the build is bad.
Imo, the core of this build is its (pantheon+BR/IC).
With the basic tree, you can choose to pick templar side or go deeper into scion side. Power charges or not is also optional.
MoM or not is also optional. And he mentioned in page1, iirc.
Again, I have no clue why you think the build is bad, when, again, the core of the build is the (pantheon+BR/IC) setup and anything else is personal preference :|
===================
But I do agree that I feel MUCH better to play with Tinkerskin+MoM, no more unwanted 1-shot. Better overall survivability. Offence shouldn't be mentioned because dps will always be more than enough :)

Would you enlighten me what kind of one-shots you're talking about?. I can facetank Minotaur. Only thing I can't tank are shaper slams in the shaper and uber elder fights.

Tinkerskin + MoM is a viable option. Gives you extra EHP while not preventing you from throwing traps. I played it in the temporary league myself until I could afford a 6link Loreweave. You can get much EHP with a lower investment than the pure life version.

However your mana regen will never even come close to your life recovery! This means you have to keep swallowing mana pots after every hit. Otherwise the additional EHP only count for the first measly hit. This also menat that for bosses I tended to run out of mana flasks, which in the end stunted my boss killing capability.

To sum up: I had exactly the opposite experience. While tinkerskin is a good starter chest and can help you push into endgame easily, especially with MoM, the endgame just feels WAY worse than with loreweave. But that's just my personal oppinion.

I would go with mom...i dont lack mana..like never ever...im using eldritch battery. Boom its out there...screw mana pots...get a laviangas / vaal clarity..Lorereave is nice..but not needed..the 80% resist is nice..thats it. Not worth it on a trapper :)
This arc trap stuff is just crazy. I'm a huge fan of traps and played them a lot before, but mostly in PvP. Feels like too much of a boost suddenly in Incursion. Wonder how they nerf it now - cutting damage in half in the next league?

Thanks the author for the guide. At first it seemed so awkward to play with 2 wands as I was so used to whirling blades and a dagger when playing a trap build, but it payed off in the end.

Managed to take Uber Elder down deathless with a build other than an immortal VD Poet's Pen. I guess I'm so bad at dodging but I couldn't kill him with LL RF/SR before (felt like I lacked damage).

If anyone is interested, the (barely) deathless attempt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ky18cWrNks

Grandmasters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZZBSTMaB5w

I've been switching between the offensive (200k average hit vs Shaper!) and defense jewels, but eventually settled on defence:
Hey any tips on my build? Managed to kill uber elder after 4 sets but I stil don't feel confident in it...it's possible the build is already there gear wise and I just need to git good :P

Character: ArcTrappppp
"
Sequel wrote:
"
koros wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:

At least be specific about your view about why you think the build is bad.
Imo, the core of this build is its (pantheon+BR/IC).
With the basic tree, you can choose to pick templar side or go deeper into scion side. Power charges or not is also optional.
MoM or not is also optional. And he mentioned in page1, iirc.
Again, I have no clue why you think the build is bad, when, again, the core of the build is the (pantheon+BR/IC) setup and anything else is personal preference :|
===================
But I do agree that I feel MUCH better to play with Tinkerskin+MoM, no more unwanted 1-shot. Better overall survivability. Offence shouldn't be mentioned because dps will always be more than enough :)

Would you enlighten me what kind of one-shots you're talking about?. I can facetank Minotaur. Only thing I can't tank are shaper slams in the shaper and uber elder fights.

Tinkerskin + MoM is a viable option. Gives you extra EHP while not preventing you from throwing traps. I played it in the temporary league myself until I could afford a 6link Loreweave. You can get much EHP with a lower investment than the pure life version.

However your mana regen will never even come close to your life recovery! This means you have to keep swallowing mana pots after every hit. Otherwise the additional EHP only count for the first measly hit. This also menat that for bosses I tended to run out of mana flasks, which in the end stunted my boss killing capability.

To sum up: I had exactly the opposite experience. While tinkerskin is a good starter chest and can help you push into endgame easily, especially with MoM, the endgame just feels WAY worse than with loreweave. But that's just my personal oppinion.

Tbh, Loreweave was the very 1st chest I had full experience on all bosses in the game, up to Uber Elder. I can say that it's super easy to do U.E (got it on 1st try ever and never wasted a set up to this point of talking), so easy that I got bored and do U.E with rare chest no MoM and then Tinkerskin with MoM.
The fight gets easier after each kill, maybe because I got used to the fight I guess.
For MoM, I rarely run out of mana flask (rarely get hit, fight ends too early)
In the end, Loreweave is the better chest, I do agree on that.
About 1-hit thing, I'm not sure. It's been a while since the last time I die with this build :)
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
Sequel wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:

Thats for you to find out..not for me to tell.. :)

hyyyben, Thank you for a good laugh ^_^
There are always people like you in every single thread :D posting provoking reply instead of a helpful one :) (I guess because you have none to show)
Should the drama end here and you leave the thread as it is? :) The thread should be developed with helpful discussions, not hide-and-seek ones like yours :)
Last edited by koros on Aug 13, 2018, 11:02:06 PM
"
Best_Mac_NA wrote:
Hey any tips on my build? Managed to kill uber elder after 4 sets but I stil don't feel confident in it...it's possible the build is already there gear wise and I just need to git good :P

Character: ArcTrappppp

- I would recommend a Mark of the Shaper ring instead of (Essence Worm with Wrath). You have more than enough damamge without Wrath.
- But if you're good at dodging, then just use Wrath and ignore the stuns :)
- The gears are pretty solid, you just need to get used to the fight I guess. It did help alot when I learned the fight by watching "melee style" videos :)

Thats for you to find out..not for me to tell.. :)[/quote]
hyyyben, Thank you for a good laugh ^_^
There are always people like you in every single thread :D posting provoking reply instead of a helpful one :) (I guess because you have none to show)
Should the drama end here and you leave the thread as it is? :) The thread should be developed with helpful discussions, not hide-and-seek ones like yours :)[/quote]

WHY would i hand you the answers..i want you to freaking work for them...when did poe players get this lazy.
Can some one take a look at my char Crimson_Essence, what can I improve? I have 3-4exa. thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info