[DEAD] FunRoom's Ignite Elemental Hit [All Contents*]

i just thought of something, helpful for any version of this build - so long as you have a clear setup and a single target weapon swap.

if you run combustion in your clear setup, even though you don't need the chance to ignite, when you ignite enemies you'll make them have -19% fire resistance. as far as i can tell this is a permanent thing. thus this allows you to swap to your single target skill and ignite while they already have the minus resistance.

this allows you to swap a gem in your single target setup. instead of using combustion again, because again you don't need the added chance to ignite, i have 133% without it, you can run unbound ailments.

unbound ailments is a highly underrated support. its actually insane, and the highest damage multiplier for any ignite build, period.
not only does it give you 30% more damage to ignites off the hop, but it raises your ignite duration by upwards of 54%. raising its duration effectively gives you more damage on top of every other modifier in the game.

first you have increased damage calculated, then you calculate more damage on top of it. next comes increased damage taken, which increases even the "more" damage given. ignite duration is the next step, as it takes all of that added damage and just gives it more time to keep burning.

ignite duration is effectively a more more more damage modifier, and this gem gives a fuck ton of it.
upon utilizing a nice weapon swap setup you can abuse the combustion minus resistance and really maximize your damage.

this also makes ignite duration your absolute best modifier on gems - period. upwards of 8% increased duration is approximately equivalent to 12% "more" damage modifier (my estimations), which is vastly better than 20% increased damage.

thus i've changed a cpl things. i took out my grand spectrum jewels and purchased extremely cheap jewels to replace them. the next two points i get will be the ignite duration node near shadow start
New Jewels
Last edited by xMustard on Jul 8, 2018, 11:40:00 PM
"
xMustard wrote:

if you run combustion in your clear setup, even though you don't need the chance to ignite, when you ignite enemies you'll make them have -19% fire resistance. as far as i can tell this is a permanent thing.

Did you test that on PVP to confirm about this? From the wordings I thought the effect only stays when the mob is taking ignite damage by the supported skill.
Right, just fire.
Last edited by FunRoom on Jul 9, 2018, 2:58:58 AM
"
xMustard wrote:
i just thought of something, helpful for any version of this build - so long as you have a clear setup and a single target weapon swap.

if you run combustion in your clear setup, even though you don't need the chance to ignite, when you ignite enemies you'll make them have -19% fire resistance. as far as i can tell this is a permanent thing. thus this allows you to swap to your single target skill and ignite while they already have the minus resistance.

this allows you to swap a gem in your single target setup. instead of using combustion again, because again you don't need the added chance to ignite, i have 133% without it, you can run unbound ailments.

unbound ailments is a highly underrated support. its actually insane, and the highest damage multiplier for any ignite build, period.
not only does it give you 30% more damage to ignites off the hop, but it raises your ignite duration by upwards of 54%. raising its duration effectively gives you more damage on top of every other modifier in the game.

first you have increased damage calculated, then you calculate more damage on top of it. next comes increased damage taken, which increases even the "more" damage given. ignite duration is the next step, as it takes all of that added damage and just gives it more time to keep burning.

ignite duration is effectively a more more more damage modifier, and this gem gives a fuck ton of it.
upon utilizing a nice weapon swap setup you can abuse the combustion minus resistance and really maximize your damage.

this also makes ignite duration your absolute best modifier on gems - period. upwards of 8% increased duration is approximately equivalent to 12% "more" damage modifier (my estimations), which is vastly better than 20% increased damage.

thus i've changed a cpl things. i took out my grand spectrum jewels and purchased extremely cheap jewels to replace them. the next two points i get will be the ignite duration node near shadow start
New Jewels

First of all, the idea of the combustion on the clear skill to use it for single target is intresting. Issue with that is that you will need to swap to your clear skill every few seconds during boss fights which might get annoying, and im not sure if it works like you think it works -- From my understanding if multiple ignites get applied on an enemy, only the one with the highest dps will be active. So you might overwrite the combustion ignite with your single target ignite.

Now lets talk about your other points. Ignite duration.

First of all, ignites do NOT stack. If your ignite lasts 5 seconds and you hit once every 3 seconds there is no point in getting ignite duration. If your ignite lasts 5 minutes - nice, you only have to hit once and can wait for the boss to die. This does NOT increase your damage per second however. Ignite duration only means you have to hit less often to reapplie the ignite.

The second part you are missing is the way more multipliers work. ALL more multipliers are multiplicative with each other. Its not your dmg * 500% increased *200% more. Its your damage *500% increased * 1.5 from first support *1.5 from second support * 1.5 from third support etc etc. There is no "more more" multiplier. Increased damage taken on the enemy is "only" a regular more multiplier. It multiplies all your damage, but so do all other more multipliers.

All that being said, i run unbound ailments in my single target (ele hit-edwa-combustion-deadly ailemtns-burn dmg-unbound ailments) because it is only a slightly lower more mutliplier than the next best option (partly due to shock effect) while giving a lot of utility with the ignite duration -- in uber elder fights its really nice to have to hit less often.
"
netmos wrote:
The second part you are missing is the way more multipliers work. ALL more multipliers are multiplicative with each other. Its not your dmg * 500% increased *200% more. Its your damage *500% increased * 1.5 from first support *1.5 from second support * 1.5 from third support etc etc. There is no "more more" multiplier. Increased damage taken on the enemy is "only" a regular more multiplier. It multiplies all your damage, but so do all other more multipliers.

that is actually not how more multipliers work. more multipliers are additive with each other, so it isn't *1.5 then *1.5 etc, they get added together then multiplied.
increased damage taken takes your final damage number after more multipliers, and multipliers on that. ignite duration takes the final damage number after all calculations and extends it.

as you say its very helpful on the high tier boss fights and such to not need to reapply the ignite all the time.
"
xMustard wrote:
"
netmos wrote:

that is actually not how more multipliers work. more multipliers are additive with each other, so it isn't *1.5 then *1.5 etc, they get added together then multiplied.
increased damage taken takes your final damage number after more multipliers, and multipliers on that. ignite duration takes the final damage number after all calculations and extends it.

as you say its very helpful on the high tier boss fights and such to not need to reapply the ignite all the time.

Its cool that you think that, but its just straigh up wrong. Take out 1 more multiplier support gem, check your tooltip, put it in again, and you will notice it will go up by exactly the % it says on the more multiplier --- no matter how many other supports with more dmg you have socketed there.

And what do you mean with "extends the damage number". It makes your ignites longer. It doesnt increase your dps at all. If you manage to reapplie your ignite often enaugh it doesnt do anything at all.
How do you deal with mana problems.... is it only the mana flask? I don't see any mana leech on the gear or tree.
"
cjbender wrote:
How do you deal with mana problems.... is it only the mana flask? I don't see any mana leech on the gear or tree.

1 random mana flask and you are good to go. EH ignite doesn't really have mana issues since the skill is not constantly cast.
Right, just fire.
"
FunRoom wrote:
"
cjbender wrote:

1 random mana flask and you are good to go. EH ignite doesn't really have mana issues since the skill is not constantly cast.

Do you really need a mana flask? On my single target i outregen the cost of permanent shooting without investment, and on my clear setup i can shoot like 10 times -- but thanks to mirage archer i only ever shoot once and run for 5 screens. I never ran a mana flask and even in less regen or whatever maps i never ran out of mana. The only time the mana can be a bit hard to manage is no regen maps, and even these are doable with the 2 mana on hit on quill rain.
"
netmos wrote:
"
FunRoom wrote:
"
cjbender wrote:

Do you really need a mana flask? On my single target i outregen the cost of permanent shooting without investment, and on my clear setup i can shoot like 10 times -- but thanks to mirage archer i only ever shoot once and run for 5 screens. I never ran a mana flask and even in less regen or whatever maps i never ran out of mana. The only time the mana can be a bit hard to manage is no regen maps, and even these are doable with the 2 mana on hit on quill rain.

In order to brainlessly do all alch-and-go maps, bringing a mana flask is the best choice. You don't need to care about any map mods in that case. And to make it even better I tried blood magic version as well. Same carefree playstle with 0 mana issue.
Right, just fire.

"

In order to brainlessly do all alch-and-go maps, bringing a mana flask is the best choice. You don't need to care about any map mods in that case. And to make it even better I tried blood magic version as well. Same carefree playstle with 0 mana issue.

I guess is an option for the lazy :D For me flask slots are way to valuable to waste on a mana flask. Btw i can highly recomend acro/phase acro for this, i dropped some life (from 7700 to 7200) and got acro/phase and i feel really tanky now :)

Still trying to get a deathless uber elder kill though. Will give it another shot once i hit 96

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info