[DEAD] FunRoom's Ignite Elemental Hit [All Contents*]

"
netmos wrote:
SNIP

yo your tree is very similar to my own.
i've also played this build quite a bit but i haven't attempted shaper yet, i don't want to waste the maps so im farming up optimal gear before that (which is to craft the best quiver i can). i've done t14 maps and i've yet to get quality gems, lvl 21 EH, or even my uber lab done.
all in due time.

right now i have two sets of equipment, essentially. one for running my shaped setup maps for farming, and one for doing higher tier maps/bosses (t13+) for the higher damage and such. once i optimize things i'll just have it on a weapon swap, but i gotta get a 6L quill before that happens obviously, and other optimizations.

Map Setup

Bossing Setup

links in chest with a triple cruse setup is frenzy, curse on hit, temp chains, flammability, inc crit strikes. the 3rd curse comes from gloves. lvl 10 vs lvl 20 despair is just 20% vs 25% inc dmg taken. not a huge deal.

here is my passive tree. its very close to netmos. i also don't use the grand spectrum jewels right now. instead i use elemental overload and run 3x tempered mind jewels for very high accuracy. with my optimal quiver (two-point) i'll have 94% accuracy. with any other i have 93% with my ice golem running.

also once i craft my optimal quiver, it should include mana leech so i can spec out of the mana leech from the passive tree, which would save me a bunch of passives and such.
"
xMustard wrote:

I feel like you invest way to much into accuracy tbh. For clearing its completly irelevant (i clear with like 65% and i dont notice anything of it) and for single target ~80% is fine, you only have to get 1 hit in to get the ignite going so its not that important to hit every hit. If you are intrested, i recorded a shaper run with my setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj-9Mqs5rJY&feature=youtu.be
im going to run some tests regarding accuracy, but back when i had like 80-82% or w/e it felt horrible to me.

it isn't real real bad when you're 100% of the time running a quill rain, as you can shoot pretty fast, but still having to shoot 2-3 times sometimes just felt terrible to me.

right now i only have 3 jewels and 2 passives dedicated to accuracy, but when i craft my quiver i'll be looking to drop the two passives, and possibly upwards of 2 jewels depending on my tests.

i also run elemental overload so i need to crit once in awhile, where as that is difficult with only 80ish % accuracy. but yeah i agree that 94% is probably overkill, so i'll be running tests with it myself to compare different levels and i'll settle on what i think feels best. im sure 90% will do just fine.

EDIT: ya running with 88% accuracy by taking out 2 jewels and using new quiver still feels pretty good. i took out my mana leech as well (3 passives saved) and it was still great for mapping but kinda sucked on bosses.

now im doing all kinds of wonky tests by trying out MoM with cloak of defiance and all that type of thing. mana definitely isn't an issue now, and im feeling pretty damn tanky for what is able to survive long enough to hit me. just testing different set ups.
Last edited by xMustard on Jul 7, 2018, 2:14:25 AM
Hey, so I have no idea what might of the week actually does or where to place them... Could anyone help me? Please?
"
xMustard wrote:
im going to run some tests regarding accuracy, but back when i had like 80-82% or w/e it felt horrible to me.

it isn't real real bad when you're 100% of the time running a quill rain, as you can shoot pretty fast, but still having to shoot 2-3 times sometimes just felt terrible to me.

right now i only have 3 jewels and 2 passives dedicated to accuracy, but when i craft my quiver i'll be looking to drop the two passives, and possibly upwards of 2 jewels depending on my tests.

i also run elemental overload so i need to crit once in awhile, where as that is difficult with only 80ish % accuracy. but yeah i agree that 94% is probably overkill, so i'll be running tests with it myself to compare different levels and i'll settle on what i think feels best. im sure 90% will do just fine.

EDIT: ya running with 88% accuracy by taking out 2 jewels and using new quiver still feels pretty good. i took out my mana leech as well (3 passives saved) and it was still great for mapping but kinda sucked on bosses.

now im doing all kinds of wonky tests by trying out MoM with cloak of defiance and all that type of thing. mana definitely isn't an issue now, and im feeling pretty damn tanky for what is able to survive long enough to hit me. just testing different set ups.

From what i can tell the chance to hit seems to be calculated independendly on each monster. Since this is a prolif build, missing 20 or even 30% of the mobs is no issue at all. I even consideted intentionally running low accuracy as a pierce replacement. Only on single target you really notice bad accuracy, it can be really anoying to applie an ignite with only 70-80% accuracy. To proc EO i just use an orb of storms with inc crit strikes.
"
cjbender wrote:
Hey, so I have no idea what might of the week actually does or where to place them... Could anyone help me? Please?

Might of the meek is placed in the scion circle to improve the stat of of % life and resistances nodes. Since the jewel circle does not touch the notable in the scion life wheel, it is pretty decent if you can place 1 or 2 around there.

The main purpose of the jewel in my build is to get enough elemental resistances since it is heavily unique-based. A rare quiver with resistances and other utility is always a good choice if you decide not to invest near the scion area.
Right, just fire.
"
netmos wrote:
From what i can tell the chance to hit seems to be calculated independendly on each monster. Since this is a prolif build, missing 20 or even 30% of the mobs is no issue at all. I even consideted intentionally running low accuracy as a pierce replacement. Only on single target you really notice bad accuracy, it can be really anoying to applie an ignite with only 70-80% accuracy. To proc EO i just use an orb of storms with inc crit strikes.

yes chance to hit is calculated separately, because its dependent on each mobs evasion so it must be rolled from each mob. ya this is definitely why with our large prolif mapping is just fine with lower accuracy, but as you say single target suffers quite a bit. i also find that smaller groups or spread out groups suck to have too low of accuracy with. 88% is working just nicely right now for all scenarios. if i removed my last jewel my accuracy would drop to 79%. so 9% chance to hit i feel is worth one jewel slot.

taking out the two accuracy passives by templar start drops me to 86%, which im going to map with for awhile and test its feel. i imagine it'll feel fine as well, so thats worth two passives since i can get another jewel slot with that.
again removing my last tempered mind here would drop me down to 75% so i'll definitely be keeping one tempered mind just for quality of life factor.

i also have my 6L quill rain now so i just need to grab up copies of gems and i'll have a single target swap in play which will make my life a lot easier, as quill rain is more than enough to clear all content.
I'm at level 87 running the RT/Blood magic version and enjoying this build a lot. I had some great luck with crafting a +3 bow since my third essence hit +3 without any further crafting. Affixes are nothing special but its still an upgrade over quill rain according to PoB.

Speaking of PoB, I noticed on the config it has, uses frenzy charges, checked. Unless I missed something this version does not have frenzy generation. Also, I noticed that toggling witchfire on actually decreases DPS. I see that the Despair curse increases DoT so wouldn't we see that in the ignite damage DPS?

Edit: Actually I see now that I had 2 curses with the flask but I do not yet have the 2 curse node on the tree yet

Edit2: Ok, got the frenzy charges - cold snap. :)

Edit3: Arg, actually no. On your RT/Blood magic PoB you have frenzy checked and chilled. Without cold snap in there, how does that work?
Last edited by redmalloc on Jul 8, 2018, 7:22:33 PM
i think i have my final version of this build, that i like the most out of a bunch of variations and testing i've tried.

heres my version

Gear

i just got my gems quality 20 so relvling them now, going very quick. having MoM i feel much more defensive than before. haven't died since picking it up.

further upgrades will include trying for +1 frenzy gloves instead of despair on hit. i probably won't worry about 6L armor but what i will look to do is upgrade my jewels to replace the grand spectrums. 2x rare jewel and a watcher's eye. also should be getting my uber lab done tonight.
lab enchant i want to get the damage penetration to help with single target.
also still looking to upgrade single target quiver, but that'll probably still take awhile.
"
xMustard wrote:

Thanks for sharing your build.

With MoM you can recover EHP by popping mana flasks as well. So it is actually a good way for surviving hard maps.
However, you will also find yourself struggling to do no regen maps.

I have added the build to the first page. Let me know if you made any changes so I can update it.
Right, just fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info