[3.3] Incinerate Inquisitor - T15 Elder Down. Video Up

2 Minute T14 Elder Guardian Kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1eGbfB-kXU&feature=youtu.be

Read
For 4 casts, 0.8 seconds of casting you get.

161.5+202+243+283 = 889.5 damage for 0.8 seconds. PLUS the wave that deals 500% damage of the last hit, so an extra 283*6 = 1698 damage for a total of 2587.5 damage

That's for 4 casts.

Meanwhile, you deal a damage effectiveness of 0.3+0.375+0.45+0.525

for a total of 1.65 damage effectiveness for 4 casts (0.8 secnods) AND THEN you get a wave that deals (0.525*6) for a bonus 3.15 damage effectiveness.

4.80 damage effectiveness for 0.8 seconds of casting LMAO
This is with 0% increased cast speed.

Incinerate is Broken

To abuse this we stack added flat fire damage using Incursion items (Gloves)

Essence of Anguish
Scepter.
and Immolate Gem
Stacking all of these added flat damage modifiers makes Incinerate hurt more.

Because we're using Incinerate and we're a mage, we use Mind over Matter for defense. Due to Incinerates low mana cost, we use the new incursion rings that give Mana and -# mana cost of skills. Resulting in rings like this
Similar to Elreon Rings without needing to risk crafting to get a good one. With my incinerate effectively costing 5 mana now, I can ignore the mana cost and basically convert most of my mana pool to extra life. I use clarity for mana regen, and Herald of Ash for more damage.

I don't use anger because although it gives added flat fire damage to spells, the damage it gives is not high enough to justify reserving half of my 2k+ Mana pool. In fact, it gives less damage than Herald of Ash. Which is more than enough.

Because I'm mind over matter, I prioritize gear with mana, life, mana regen and resistances.

While cast speed does not affect the cast rate of fire storm using my Cast When Channeling setup, it does affect how smooth it is to play Incinerate. At a cast rate of 0.09, my incinerate churns out it's 4th (capped AoE) stage every 0.36 seconds, along with the really juicy hit. this is nice because the Cast While Channeling Support gem casts Firestorm every 0.35/0.36 seconds depending on whether or not the support gem is level 20/19.

You can easily craft a Scepter using an Essence of Anguish. Look for Attack Speed, Fire Damage, Spell Damage and any other goodies. I had an open prefix so I crafted Fire Leech which is really nice.

If you want more Damage consider investing into a Shaper Helm with Added fire damage to spells, although it is unnecessary.

jewels
Look for jewels with % Life, Fire Damage, Area Damage, and other damage modifiers or anything to flush your build out.

Also look for Abyss Jewels with Flat Life and added fire damage to spells. Unique stats such as Hinder on % chance is nice too. I personally opt for Movement Speed on kill to make Shield Charge feel more smooth. An Ideal jewel has Life, Added fire damage to spells, and added fire damage to spells while holding a shield.

skill tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAN1BAcEswYOCPQJqgn2C2EMUg3NES0WbxkuGjgabBzOJKok2CcvJ-0piyqNK1AsnDWSNtg26TpYOtg64TwFPC09X0GHQ8hFnUkbTLNN408EUlNTUlXGVkhfBF8qZlRo8mpDbRl2rHyDgDCCm4Nfg8yD24UyhW2Fe4uMkFWXLZeVl_SaO5rgm26dY52un9-iAKZXpwiouayYrY2vbK-ntz686sBmwJrE9sauz37UfNWB1abYJNi92WHZ_N-G42rkIuvk6-7sOOxV7TzvfPAf8WzyRfnd-ej-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=Kraiwen&characterName=MrFahrinerate

gear

bandits 2 skill points.

Asncedancy
Take Instruments of Virtue First - Shield Charge faster
Then Sanctity - Some Defense near act 7/8
Then Pious Path - More Speed for Endgame
Then Take Augury of Penitence - I take this late because I don't really need more damage.

gems
Follow what I have in my gear. Otherwise do what you want

The Main 6L is Combustion - Incinerate - Cast While Channeling - Immolate - Firestorm - Fire Penetration

3L - Faster Attacks - Shield Charge - Fortify

Below this is whatever you want, I use

Flammability - Arcane Surge - Increased Area of Effect

Herald of Ash - Clarity

Cast when Damage Taken - Enfeeble, Immortal Call, Warlord's Mark

I like Duo cursing to feel tankier, and self cast flammability for more damage with arcane surge

why we go inquisitor over elementalist

We use Inquisitor because Inquisitor gets stupid amounts of cast speed and attack speed for free and Elementalist gets 8%.

Inquisitor also gets more regen than Elementalist, which is more stronger for MoM

Inquisitor mobs take 16% more elemental damage double dips burns and hits. Fire Penetration doesn't.

75% Elemental damage and AoE is inconsistent.
Also Prolif is unnecessary and also inconsistent with beacon of ruin

You do not go Crit with this build that's dumb, incinerate has amples amounts of damage already

You do CWC + immolate + combustion + incinerate + fire pen + firestorm

if you have a 5L drop fire penetration. or drop fire storm and CWC for inc AoE

This builds DPS ridic.

To get a good scepter - buy essence of anguishes and use it on a scepter.

I like Item Rarity so I get it on gear. All my gear was really cheap, the 6L was the most expensive at 35c. (crafted myself)
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
Last edited by SwordDivine on Jun 7, 2018, 1:37:31 AM
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2018, 7:10:29 AM
Can you post your tree? I've been fiddling around with Incinerate in PoB and would like to see how you built it.
But why Inquisitor tho?

AFAIK incinerate can't crit so why would it benefit from this particular ascendancy?
"
But why Inquisitor tho?

AFAIK incinerate can't crit so why would it benefit from this particular ascendancy?

?
Last edited by yolonolf on May 31, 2018, 3:41:24 AM
"
yolonolf wrote:
"
But why Inquisitor tho?

?

Oh i missed that.

Is this change from 3.3.0 or it was already possible b4?
Hey do u think inquisitor will be better than elementalist? with new combustion gem and things like that i think we dont need taht 100% fire penetration from crit, also we can build around elemental overload so i believe inquisitor lose it's potential then. On elementalist with herald of ash and combustion we penetrate a lot anyway + reflect immune and a little bit of leech.

I've made up some "build" myself, but its my first time creating something. I know it miss some str/dex but items are rather to check out how much hp i'll have and some unique ideas than real gear. Please give me your opinion about it ;)

and here is the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Ph9nKUMU

edit: Having a lot of doubts about 6L aswell.
Last edited by suitonek on May 31, 2018, 11:39:57 AM
Seems like Incinerate got nerfed today. :(
Excited to see your tree when you post it. I'll be rolling Incinerate as my second build this league. Can't wait for Incinerate to be viable again (tomorrow!)

Also I like your choice of Inquisitor. I've glossed over it a few times, but now looking at it closer it looks really good

Edit:

With the new Vaal Impurity of Fire gem, you can basically get Inevitable judgement for free, without even needing to crit.
Also the new Siphoning Trap gem is really nice for MoM.
[User Social Credit Score: 596]
Last edited by xThothx on May 31, 2018, 5:01:26 PM
"

"why incinerate broken"]For 4 casts, 0.8 seconds of casting you get.

161.5+202+243+283 = 889.5 damage for 0.8 seconds. PLUS the wave that deals 500% damage of the last hit, so an extra 283*6 = 1698 damage for a total of 2587.5 damage

That's for 4 casts.

for a total of 1.65 damage effectiveness for 4 casts (0.8 secnods) AND THEN you get a wave that deals (0.525*6) for a bonus 3.15 damage effectiveness.

Why are u assuming that u get 2 stages per cast?
"
Lyneas wrote:
"

"why incinerate broken"]For 4 casts, 0.8 seconds of casting you get.

That's for 4 casts.

Why are u assuming that u get 2 stages per cast?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly but if you think he gets 2 stage per cast because he talked about the fire wave thing. You get the wave no matter what after releasing your cast be it at stage 1 or 8. The way it works is Xstage*5 damage so releasing the wave at stage 4 would still release a fire wave of 500% stage 4 damage.

Sorry if I didn't get what you meant.
Last edited by Deadarth on May 31, 2018, 6:25:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info